Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 17:21   #1

Need help with my Mahindra Jeep (Bangalore)... Urgent!!

Hi everyone..

I have a really old Mahindra MM540. Have had it for the last three years and the ride is completely outta the world.

I have faced technical problems with the jeep at regular intervals and have also been stranded on the road in the middle of nowhere at odd hours because something or the other would just snap. I have got almost all major contributors to an engines performance changed in this period (including the engine itself too). But for some reason the problems do not stop.

One of the only things i haven't done is change my mechanic. I am now starting to believe that thought the group there is excellent (considering i have witnessed them servicing everything from a Maruti 800 to a Lexus SUV) but this genre is probably not their cup of tea.

To add to this the guy i bought it from had altered the chassis and made it about half a foot wider on each side. That coupled with the broad tyres that i have (265X75X15, yokohama) there is always a lot of play in the steering.

If anyone out there knows a good mechanic i could take my Jeep to and get a true opinion on what exactly i need to do to make all this go away - please let me know. I love my ride and dont want to see it sitting aside getting rusted or worst of all - in someone else's hands.

Ashish
Old 6th January 2010, 21:56   #2
BHPian

Could you explain in more detail what problems you're facing? And also what kind of work you want to get done? Like restoration or makeover?

I'm surprised to hear that an MM vehicle is having such bad reliability. I've almost never seen a jeep stranded.

Also, pics would be good, especially to show what you mean by saying that the chassis has been widened. And those 265 section tyres must give you some awesome biceps, without power steering!
Old 6th January 2010, 22:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

You seem to have a Peep more than a Jeep. Who is your mechanic and where do you stay in Bangy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks