Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 19:58   #1
BHPian

Rolling Armada Grand

My 4wd Armada Grand Rolls a lot.( The shock absorbers are brand new bolero's. When I was comparing the number of leaves in the leaf springs with a bolero, I found it is one less. Can somebody please tell me what is the correct number of leaves in the spring set. It is by chance the same as bolero.?
Suresh
Old 27th July 2010, 22:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

Spike where are you?!

@Suresh: are you sure you are driving on the right side of the speedo, oops i meant counted the leafs on a stock Armaada
Old 28th July 2010, 14:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Armada NGCS- suspension details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Spike where are you?!

@Suresh: are you sure you are driving on the right side of the speedo, oops i meant counted the leafs on a stock Armaada
Jaggu bhai, Suresh Sir called me asking the same. Took time as I was compiling the information on NGCS Armada.
  • Rear spring assy- 097928 (No. of leaves= 5)
  • Shock absorber assy rear- 084837
  • Front spring assy- 084818 (No. of leaves= 6)
  • Shock absorber assy front- 084823
  • Stabilizer bar front (Tubular chassis)- 075793
Non-NGCS versions came with 9 leaves at the front (031699) and 10 leaves at the rear (073420). If you could provide me the shock absorber of Bolero I would be in a better position to comment whether the shock absorber rates are on the lower or higher side. Also, please check the shackle mountings for their inclination/misalignment this may also affect the handling. Hope this solves the mystery.

Spike

PS- IIRC MP Sreenivasan from Bangalore also owns a Armada, don't remember which model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks