Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 10:22   #1
BHPian

Pajero Gen 1 Combination Switch / Steering Shaft Issue

I need some advice and help with the combination switch of my Pajero.

I have a Gen 1 SWB Pajero (Details on This Link)

Initially there was some short-circuit with the Headlight switch so the Electrician installed 2 separate switches in the dashboard for City Light and Head Light.

Then there was some issue with the wiper switch now the Electrician has installed a separate switch for the wiper.

The individual switches do work but the overall setup is very disturbing and unreliable.

I am not able to source the original Combination switch. I have managed to get hold of a new Electrician who is known to be good at his job. He has suggested that he can try and install a combination switch from an Echier Tempo and check if it works. The only options I have are,
1. Try the Echier Switch
2. Change the Steering Shaft to some compatible Indian vehicle and change the switch.

Here are some details of the Steering Shaft

Steering wheel diameter 15.9 inc
Steering shaft type - Collapsible type

Kindly suggest any other alternatives or possible shafts that can fit
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero Gen 1 Combination Switch / Steering Shaft Issue-strng2.jpg  

Old 7th October 2010, 10:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Chaser View Post
I need some advice and help with the combination switch of my Pajero.

I have a Gen 1 SWB Pajero (Details on This Link)

Initially there was some short-circuit with the Headlight switch so the Electrician installed 2 separate switches in the dashboard for City Light and Head Light.

Then there was some issue with the wiper switch now the Electrician has installed a separate switch for the wiper.

The individual switches do work but the overall setup is very disturbing and unreliable.

I am not able to source the original Combination switch. I have managed to get hold of a new Electrician who is known to be good at his job. He has suggested that he can try and install a combination switch from an Echier Tempo and check if it works. The only options I have are,
1. Try the Echier Switch
2. Change the Steering Shaft to some compatible Indian vehicle and change the switch.

Here are some details of the Steering Shaft

Steering wheel diameter 15.9 inc
Steering shaft type - Collapsible type

Kindly suggest any other alternatives or possible shafts that can fit
Hi Cloud_Chaser,

Why don't you leave the steering and switches as it is and setup a panel with switches for the functions in the combination switch.

You can make a very smart and functional board with the use of missile switches (Toggle Switch with Cover).

Regards,

Arka
Old 7th October 2010, 16:07   #3
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions Arka I thought about it, but I want to restore it to a normal or to the factory condition as much as possible.
Old 17th October 2010, 16:57   #4
BHPian

Finally was able to source the original combination switch from CITI MOTORS Mumbai. Though it was a bit heavy on my pocket [9.5K]

Will continue further details in the Vehical section in the main thread
Attached Thumbnails
Pajero Gen 1 Combination Switch / Steering Shaft Issue-pa150204_.jpg  

Last edited by Cloud_Chaser : 17th October 2010 at 16:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks