Team-BHP - Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Chevy Suburban Z71 5.3L V8 4x4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/117589-chevy-suburban-z71-5-3l-v8-4x4.html)

Here are few pictures of my wife's bus:), I mean SUV. This thing is huge but super easy and comfortable to drive. We have taken a 7,000 km trip in this across USA which we completed in 11 days. Stopping to see various family and friends and spending days on various beaches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gujarati (Post 2717618)
We have taken a 7,000 km trip in this across USA which we completed in 11 days. Stopping to see various family and friends and spending days on various beaches.

The Suburban is one of those "Real American" SUVs. Huge everywhere. Could you post some interior pics as well as more technical details about its performance, on the highways and off the road? What is the FE you get? How about the maintenance costs? How old is the lorry?

This is what we call a true big american suv. I like their concept, while designing a suv only thing this is on their mind is size. Would love to see some interior pics and size relativity with other suvs.

Just love these full size american SUVs, since my days in Riyadh. There it's more popular with the local saudis and muttawas.
The Suburban along with it's GMC,Cadillac clone cousins easily win the Full size SUV crown.
Wonder why can't they plonk their Duramax diesel engines, make it RHD and launch it here. Even if 30+lacs ,they will give the German SUVs(rather crossovers) a run for their money.

Gujarati, Are these pics from Dallas in Texas? Looked familiar. Ofcource, not the beach. Beach can only be in Houston. Or this is a Lake front?

About, the Suburban, Yes it's majestic and imposing. Very popular in Gulf. Gas Guzler. If you think about the FE, you may never take it out of your Parking Lot.

But, these kind of Vehicles may never be made, because of the rising Gas Prices and Emission Norms.

Is it just me or do those tyres look too clean to be believable?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2717881)

Check out the date on the last pic! Unbelievable too!

This is more like a Ford Endeavour and a half. Really cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2717881)

Roads in US are generally not that dirty thus your tires stay clean and on top of that little bit of Armorall tire shine and your tires look new all the time. It is not a big deal. Over next few days I will be posting pics of all my rides and you will see for the most part the tires will be shiny and clean.

Moreover my vehicles get washed weekly by a really good car wash here that helps too.

My tires generally stayed very clean in India too as I had a guy come wash my vehicles everyday in the morning.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2717891)

Yes the pics are from 2008 but why would that be a problem. The vehicle has not changed at all. Moreover this is a family SUV and I don't take many pics of it. I will have to go out and take interior pics of the SUV as I don't have any interior pics of it where at least one of my kids is not in the pics or some stuff. Wife generally uses this thing like a traveling room.lol:

Yes this pictures were taken in a suburb of Dallas. The last pic is taken at the Grapevine lake that is very close to our home.

Someone asked about fuel economy: These are considered gas guzzlers. But my Jeep, my diesel truck they all give about the same mileage. These vehicles were obviously not designed for mileage. It gives about 5.5 Km/ltr in city driving and about 7 km/ltr on highway. Again it can go up or down depending on how you drive. When we use this vehicle we do not worry about the mileage.

DETAILS on the SUV:
5,328 cc 5.3 liters V 8 engine with 96 mm bore, 92 mm stroke, 9.5 compression ratio, overhead valve and two valves per cylinder L59
Unleaded fuel with additional E85 87
Fuel consumption: ECE 99/100 urban (mpg): 15, country/highway (mpg): 19 and combined (mpg): 17
Multi-point injection fuel system
31 gallon main unleaded fuel tank
Power: 220 kW , 295 HP SAE @ 5,200 rpm; 330 ft lb , 447 Nm @ 4,000 rpm

It is 4x4 but usually driven in RWD mode unless taken offroad or stuck somewhere.

Also I created an introduction thread but seems not many may be visiting that section. So here is the link to my intro thread.
Good to be here and looking forward to sharing and hopefully contributing to the forum in the future.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...texas-usa.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2717891)

eh? why.. sorry i didn't catch on to what youre saying..

This is really huge. I had an experience with the new Subarban on my recent trip to Dubai.

By the way, why is the rear door so small? Isnt it uncomfortable?

Hey gujarati, welcome aboard.
Eagerly awaiting a thread on your Rubicon. The teasers from the introduction thread were surely a treat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 2719896)
This is really huge. I had an experience with the new Subarban on my recent trip to Dubai.

By the way, why is the rear door so small? Isnt it uncomfortable?

The rear doors are ok, they are not that bad to get in and out. I do like the new Suburbans. If this one ever dies we will look into a newer version.

seedyk, I will work on creating a build/history thread on the Rubicon as soon as the my 25 post review is done. Cause there is bunch of information and sometimes the review takes time and I loose my window of opportunity to edit my postings. Also it was built over two years period I am organizing my pics etc.

Here are some interior pictures.