Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2015, 21:21   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Pardus - thanks for the Xenon review and your comments. This provides good insight into your needs and use. For any query that you may have, please feel free to ask, I'll reply.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hi Behram,

First up apologies for quoting you, but I did not have any other way to contact you other than this forum. First up some background, I had bought a Xenon 3L 4wd in October last year. I am experiencing some issues with the vehicle since one month after buying it :
Day 2 - Central locking failed - after tinkering for about half a day they fixed it.
Month 2 - I noticed some feedback and play in the steering wheel (especially over bad roads), and the vehicle pulls slightly to the left. I had pointed this out to the dealer to which they said they could not find anything. I have been driving like this since then.
Again Month 2 - Air-conditioner not cooling. Since winters was approaching I did not address this immediately, but in April this year when I did, the dealers asked me to wait for a month before they replaced the condenser in July this year.
After roughly two months I hear a whirring sound from the blower and take the vehicle to the TASS and they said its a blower issue and have asked me to wait again now for a month for the part to arrive.

May I request your help to expedite this in anyway possible please? Also it would be nice to know from your expertise what the steering issue could be?

Other than the above issues I am very happy with the vehicle and really enjoy it.

Dealership bought and serviced from Gargo Motors, Tinsukia, Assam
Vehicle has run 12,000 kilometres till date.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best
Roja
Roja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 22:37   #77
BHPian

Your ownership experience is exactly what this car needs. There is so little by way of reviews and actual ownership experiences about this outstanding vehicle. The car is Indian manufactured and we have just started on the long journey to manufacturing and perfecting such capable vehicles. There will be niggles, there will be heartaches but we will get there. The Xenon, XUV, Storme and Scorpio are all headed the right way.
Have driven the Xenon 4X4 an acquaintance of mine owns. He uses it on his farm and very vehemently defends the off-roading capability. The car is well built, tough looks and the mechanicals to take it anywhere. I wonder why the Indian Army does not try this as a replacement for the ever dependable Gypsy. The Safari and Scorpio they are trying our for now do no look the part..pure and simple.
Old 18th May 2016, 20:42   #78
BHPian

Pardus, quite curious to know how your Xenon is doing! I'm assuming it might be approaching 60k kms? Any major upkeep expenses?

How's the reliability aspect been while on expeditions (other than rattles)?
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 15:18   #79
BHPian

My dream come true, Finally A proud owner of a 2017 Xenon 3.0L.
I am totally in love with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-img_20171115_120901.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-img_20170821_152529.jpg  

Last edited by yamaniac : 9th December 2017 at 15:23. Reason: Adding more pics
yamaniac is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Congratulations ! It is one Monster. Looks Gorgeous in shiny black. Now for the questions:
1. Did you replace all the tires to broad profiled tires or they came factory fitted ?
2. How did you mount the extra pair of driving lights ? Did you drill the bumper ?
Old 11th December 2017, 16:08   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Congratulations ! It is one Monster. Looks Gorgeous in shiny black. Now for the questions:
1. Did you replace all the tires to broad profiled tires or they came factory fitted ?
2. How did you mount the extra pair of driving lights ? Did you drill the bumper ?
Thanks,
The factory fitted tires come with 215/75/16 Appolo, which are very puny for the vehicle this size. It now runs on 255/70/15 Continental's on 10' steel wheels. 8' steel wheels dont fit because the 2017 xenon's front disc calipers have been upgraded to a bigger size by the company to enable better braking.

The xenon wheel wells are not at all suitable for big tires. Installing these is a different story altogether. Requires a camber lift and chopping off the end of the fenders or the tires scrub through them. The tires still scrub the bumpers sometimes. Requires shim adjustments as well.

The fog lamps have been mounted on a fabricated ladder type mount - Placed under the grill. Which remains stable and doesn't vibrate when the vehicle is running.

Last edited by yamaniac : 11th December 2017 at 16:10.
yamaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 18:51   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Looks great!

Is it the Xenon XT or the Xenon CC? I ask because, from what I have read so far, XT has the 2.2L Dicor engine while the CC has 3.0L one.

What was the final OTR, if you don't mind sharing.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:19   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Is it the Xenon XT or the Xenon CC?
The Xenon XT with the 2.2 DICOR has been discontinued. Only 3.0 DICOR is available and you can get only yellow board in most southern states.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 20:52   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The Xenon XT with the 2.2 DICOR has been discontinued. Only 3.0 DICOR is available and you can get only yellow board in most southern states.
Another of those great TML decisions

With VCross opening up the lifestyle pickup segment, they could have made some inroads with a lower price tag. 2.2 Dicor is a relatively reliable power plant they have.

So this one is a crew cab then.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 21:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Looks great!

Is it the Xenon XT or the Xenon CC? I ask because, from what I have read so far, XT has the 2.2L Dicor engine while the CC has 3.0L one.

What was the final OTR, if you don't mind sharing.
It is the CC.

XT was a whooping 15 Lac+ on road. comes with all the goodies. ABS, AC and other good stuff.

I Bought it post GST, So I got it at a good discount.

I was about to buy a Bolero. But TATA is far better IMHO considering the build quality and durability. Just my Opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
XT is still available as well as 3.0 cc. Registration was not an issue. The TATA dealership sorted all that out for me. They gave me the best car buying experience ever. But the news is that they don't register whiteboards anymore. So I guess I just got lucky.

Quote:
Another of those great TML decisions

With VCross opening up the lifestyle pickup segment, they could have made some inroads with a lower price tag. 2.2 Dicor is a relatively reliable power plant they have.

So this one is a crew cab then.
Yes, This is the CC.
yamaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 08:30   #86

Guys, i have the 4x4 XT, four years old now, done about 35000 km . Got it a lil customized. Bed liners, roll bars, rear and front crash guards and a platform bike rack...
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-1519441196582.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-1519441209346.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-1519441231248.jpg  

rosewarrior_101 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 09:30   #87
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Harry Upadhyay for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

LHD spotted in Kharghar (Mumbai) with a big soft-top on the bed:
Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-img_20180225_082045_hdr.jpg

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-img_20180225_081950_hdr.jpg

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-img_20180225_082003_hdr.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 09:39   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewarrior_101 View Post
Guys, i have the 4x4 XT, four years old now, done about 35000 km . Got it a lil customized. Bed liners, roll bars, rear and front crash guards and a platform bike rack...
Wow. Really drool worthy material - especially with 3 GSD. Write more about the experience.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 16:41   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Wow. Really drool worthy material - especially with 3 GSD. Write more about the experience.
Hi Prowler, I have already written a couple of posts about my XT. I think, I even penned in a few words about the things one would require in a dream vehicle of this kind. Presently I am looking to add a trailer hitch and an old army surplus trailer to this.
rosewarrior_101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 18:19   #90

Came across a fully wrapped Xenon XT today near Kharghar.

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-2.jpg

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience-d58466b979354f7195880a708e862455.jpg

The variant marking said DLE 4X4 and it was a LHD variant. This one didn't have the soft-top. Briefly overtook the vehicle and than had to move in a different direction. It looked good in black.
parag.agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks