Team-BHP - Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/131384-live-young-live-free-my-mahindra-thar-crde-4wd-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper (Post 3220513)
Hello Vishal

Very good review. Though I had read it before and now again, I had few questions:

1) How is the braking experience? Since almost each review thread complains about braking.
2) Since you are planning to install front facing seats, will it seat 2 or 3 persons?
3) Can a 3 seating bench be fixed in Thar? Or can the existing side facing seats made into front facing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 3220566)
Excellent review Vishal, congrats to you! I have not spotted you in this beast yet.
I have been out of touch though in coverage area, due to some issues at my end (you may or may not know)

We are waiting for a demo. When can that happen?

@Dodge_Viper,

Thanks for compliment.
Please find the answer for your questions below:

1. Yes, the breaks are week for the power of CRDe motor however I have changed my driving style to live with it because,
2. Front facing seat is already installed and it is doing great job. It accommodate 2 people comfortably and 3 for short duration.

3. If you want to keep enough headroom for rear passenger then the available space is 34 inch wide between wheel arches, I tried Innova third row seat but that takes lot of space as they fits on arches which result in less headroom and problem while reversing. Finally bought ready-made rear seat from Rogotech, Coimbatore.

Will post details about all the upgrades on my Thar in sometime.

@selfdrive,
How are you man? Yes, we didn't spotted each other for long-time now :)
I am not aware about the issue at your end, hope everything is OK now. Let's catch up sometime, may be after office hours.

Thanks,
Vishal

Updates:
Completed 8 months and 8900 kms. Thar is doing its duty daily 35 kms in Pune traffic without any issue. Additionally, a long drive with family, around 500 kms, Lonavala GE on 24th July, many trips to Satara/Kass/Bamnoli region.

Upgrades:
Maintenance Log:
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-capture.jpg

SA Roll Over Bar:

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-sa-bar-1.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-sa-bar-2.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-sa-bar-3.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-sa-bar-4.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-sa-bar-5.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-sa-bar-6.jpg

Forward facing rear seat:

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-1.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-2.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-3.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-4.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-5.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-6.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-7.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-8.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rear-seat-9.jpg

12 V Socket and Belkin USB Charger:
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-12-v-socket.jpg

Rock Sliders:
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rock-sliders-1.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rock-sliders-2.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rock-sliders-3.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-rock-sliders-4.jpg

Plati Alloys:
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-alloys-1.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-alloys-2.jpg

RR Clinometer:
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-clinometer-1.jpg
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-thar-crde-clinometer.jpg

Lonavala GE
Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-lonavala-ge.jpg

Hello Vishal

Thanks for sharing the pictures! The detailed maintenance log is really useful. :thumbs up

How do you access the rear seat? If I guess, you have not modified the front passenger seat right to flip it down?

The rear seats are from "Rogeotech" I guess ,and you have installed rear wheel spacers too I believe .
Are the fenders doing their job with the change in offset after the alloys ?
The Thar is looking great ,and what about the HT , the HYD HT is improved and better now .
Any news about the " Rogeotech " HT ?
Cheers !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper (Post 3224843)
Hello Vishal

Thanks for sharing the pictures! The detailed maintenance log is really useful. :thumbs up

How do you access the rear seat? If I guess, you have not modified the front passenger seat right to flip it down?

No modification on front seat bracket. Entry to rear is quite easy from front. After all its Jeep and those who want to seat in have to adjust themselves as per the design.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by slalom (Post 3224862)
The rear seats are from "Rogeotech" I guess ,and you have installed rear wheel spacers too I believe .
Are the fenders doing their job with the change in offset after the alloys ?
The Thar is looking great ,and what about the HT , the HYD HT is improved and better now .
Any news about the " Rogeotech " HT ?
Cheers !

The rear seat and spacers are from Rohan George, Rogeotech. This is the best ready made seat I found in market for Thar. Its is totally VFM. Now SA Roll Over bar is in place so planning to install seat belt from Maruti and some after market cushioning on wheel arches.

Fenders are of no use now lol: I have 0 offset alloys and stock 235 tyres are popping enough out of fenders. Spacers have matched the rear track to front and the look is enhanced lot.

Not looking for HT now, I love the soft top look a lot, will open the soft top after rainy season, I want to enjoy the open Jeep for sometime.

The MM's adventure fenders are aesthetically pleasing , but I doubt they serve the purpose.
The spacers have changed the stance quite a lot .
Pls give us some great pics from all the angles :D .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thar4x4 (Post 3224748)
Updates:
================
RR Clinometer:
Attachment 1132683

Where can I get RR Clinometer ? They look super cool on the boring dash board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuxDiesel (Post 3226178)
Where can I get RR Clinometer ? They look super cool on the boring dash board.

I bought it from Amazon.com, landed around 3100 INR (tax + import etc.). Connected to console backlit from ASC with extra fuse in-line.

Thanks,
Vishal

Got sometime to click snaps after upgrades on weekend.

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_2694-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_2701-copy.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-541830_10201924814551486_2069058228_n.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-555368_10201924802631188_903970676_n.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-1236358_10201924805831268_644285156_n.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-1236810_10201924812871444_23694710_n.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-img_2689.jpg

Telephone dial wheels on a rocky beige Thar look awesome! I thought they would look good only on bright primary coloured jeeps. I just wish M&M would paint the intercooler black so that it wouldn't be visible like a band behind the radiator grill...

Excited to post latest updates.

My Rocky Beige Thar CRDe 4WD purchased on 27th Dec 2012 completed 10000 km today in the afternoon. clap:

Now I can proudly say "It's a Jeep thing and I can understand it".

Why?

Because,
I can ignore dust coming in to the cabin.
I can sweat in formal wear daily while going to office.
I can feel every pot hole and speed breaker on road.
I can talk loudly while driving (now any vehicle).
I can smile at weird faces while zipping through narrow lens of Pune.

Jokes apart stupid:

I just love my Jeep and enjoy every moment with it.. cheers !

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-9999.jpg

Live Young, Live Free - My Mahindra Thar CRDe 4WD-10000.jpg

Thar 4x4, im glad to see that your have removed everything from the rear which is an obstruction, the reg plate, the two piece bikini rear bumper.

How about removing the rear step and cutting the exhaust, so that it becomes straight and wont be an obstruction in the rear.

Happy OTRs to you.

PaRm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 3249071)
Thar 4x4, im glad to see that your have removed everything from the rear which is an obstruction, the reg plate, the two piece bikini rear bumper.

How about removing the rear step and cutting the exhaust, so that it becomes straight and wont be an obstruction in the rear.

Happy OTRs to you.

PaRm

Yes, rear is looking more like 550 now, the tow hook and plate from MM550 is on list.

Sirji, I have kept rear step for security of fuel tank, a lady driving Chevy Beat have already changed angle from 90 to 100. :D

First version of Thar have straight exhaust and that is the cause of smoke coming inside, right bend exhaust is to fix that issue.

Thanks,
Vishal

Hi Vishal,

Your jeep is looking awesome.
I wish to do those changes but still holding back and sticking to stock.

Nice jeep indeed.

Neelesh

Great to see the evolution of your Jeep, may all your dreams come true

Thank you very much for the log template, please don't mind, I copied your design and will be using this log for all my vehicles, its perfect and gives you all the information you need

Awesome stuff