Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 02:13   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_MNC_SK View Post
83000+ kms.

Thinking of preemptively changing major rubber parts (read hoses and belts) now. Can anyone please help me with the part numbers and what all should I replace at the bare minimum?
At 150,000 kilometers I just took my 2013 CRDe in for work. I did the following:

1.) Changed the turbo with one taken off a recent wreck. Mine was running okay but leaking a little oil so....4000 rupees. Runs great.

2.) Changed motor oil, oil filter, fuel filter.

3.) Changed power steering belt. Belt was original and was slipping a bit under stationary hard turns. Old belt looked pretty geriatric. This fixed the slipping immediately.

4.) Fixed a small coolant leak and fixed a small fuel leak simply by reseating the hoses and tightening up the clamps. Left old hoses alone for now. Sometimes I change them on a vehicle, sometimes I don't. Not a bad idea. I don't worry about part numbers. I have an independent parts guy I can trust and I tell him what I want, he gets quality parts with no larceny or drama. Sometimes you luck out and find the right fellow.

5.) Changed the plastic radiator overflow bottle. It was leaking. Vibration can make it chafe against metal and eventually leak.

4.) Lubed front hubs and all wheel bearings.

5.) Checked gear oil in the transfer case and tranny.

6.) Checked brakes and suspension stuff. Greased rear springs and replaced a couple of those pancake bushing discs.

7.) Flushed the radiator, put in new coolant.

Next will be a preemptive rebuild of the alternator and starter. It's about time. I do them before they go bad. Needs paint bad. Gonna do that very soon. The steel half cap you see I fabbed seven years back. It is VERY handy, makes the vehicle more secure, cleaner inside, quieter. A gamble that paid off big time.

Runs like a scalded goose, rusty top and all! Burns no oil. "Cheaper to Keep her"...mebbee. And, no, I am not about to ford that river.
Attached Images

DirtyDan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 11:50   #92
BHPian

Re: Update.

Quote:
Thinking of preemptively changing major rubber parts (read hoses and belts) now. Can anyone please help me with the part numbers and what all should I replace at the bare minimum?
Mine completed 90,000kms last week. Runs like a charm - touchwood. Nothing major has failed in all the 8 years of ownership. Absolutely nothing - it's as dependable as a goat.
Will be doing a routine service with all lubricants changed except the transfer case. I use power steering oil to lubricate the front hubs and not grease like everyone does without knowing.
Also planning to change the poly V belt as a part of Preventive part of maintenance.
Had to block the Heater recirculation as the solenoid valve has stuck and changing that involves opening the dashboard. This also reduced the coolant consumption as a side effect
For the rubber parts, I suggest you check/change the Ball joints as the rubber is prone to crack. Same with the steering Tie Rods.
Old 18th December 2022, 20:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

re: Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold

A small detail, I just mounted two posts on the front bumper of my 2013 Thar.

Function:

1.) Push bushes away from my parking lights. I have broken two.

2.) Markers of where the right and left sides are, a quick visual reference for a driver in tight places. The posts are strong enough to withstand school boy antics, but break away if hit hard. Police never notice them.
Attached Images

DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:13   #94
BHPian

Fourknotfour First time FNG Service.

Hi folks. Touched 85000 kms and with an odd service in between due to the Ladakh run my 80000 service was due although service was done at 75000 kms.

With the lackadaisical attitude of the ASS here decided to do a service with my FNG who always takes care of the tit bits and is well acquainted with my vehicle and this class of vehicle.

Read the oil specifications from the manual and ordered Hella Brand Oil and Filters from Boodmoo.

Work done.

Engine Oil Hella (Oil specs matching manual)
Gear Oil Hella (Oil specs matching manual)
Low transfer case Oil Hella (Oil specs matching manual)
Front and Rear Differential Oil Hella (Oil specs matching manual)
Greasing and Oil Seal Change of Front Locking Hubs
Diesel Filter Change Bosch
Air Filter Change Bosch
Oil Filter OEM
Rear Brake Total Dis assembly and cleaning with solvent (petrol) and refit due to recurrent jam. Sorted.
Front Propellor Shaft Yoke and Cross bearing was damaged after multiple offroad run and changed finally as low gear engagement was noisy.
Rear door handle broken by dad as he didn’t see the lock - replaced.

Total cost came to approximately 15000 Labour cost of 2700 inclusive. (Front Yoke and Cross Bearing cost 5000 otherwise routine servicing is under 10000)

Otherwise vehicle is still going good.

Picture attached is of the changed yoke which needed a bit of lathe work for proper fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-6f80bb6384ea42d59b31163890014e91.jpeg  

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 14:12   #95
BHPian

Almost Sold it (Twice)

Hello folks,

A baby boy in January and Thars limited to just me going to office on it, the Ciaz taking over the family responsibility. Something I already knew and was prepared.

A hunt for a new car was on the mind since long and I have the first Jimny booking of the state with not even the demo car around here until now. Still holding on to the booking as I am not able to take out time to go for a refund. (Hopefully should be this weekend)

Compass S 4x4 AT getting delivered next week.

Wanted to sell the Thar. Asking for a fair price (50 % of actuals). A chap paid me advance and he couldn't manage the rest. Another was keen and took an extended test drive of over 200 Kms. His quote was unplatable. Thought the money would be chipped in the Compass plus Insurance would be less due to 50% NCB. Perhaps it was not meant to be sold. I managed to get a fair quote on Insurance without NCB Transfer and 404 remains a part of my life.

The compass was good on bad roads (no roads actually) but the love of proper low range and the clearance it has to offer will probably let me keep it alongside. Well may still sell it if i find an enthusiast who understands the value and pays my quote. If not then it will stay to Sunday Offroading with my son when he grows up.

The Jimny is another story now. Not on my cards. The boot space would be a killer with the baby on board.

Last edited by Dr_MNC_SK : 25th May 2023 at 14:14.
Old 6th June 2023, 01:23   #96
BHPian

Re: Fourknotfour - My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe - Now Sold

Finally a swift deal and the vehicle is sold and registered to a new owner all within 48 hours.

It was quite sad to see it being driven off but looks like its going to be in good hands. The vehicle had quite become a part of our life in my circle as well and everyone knows the #fourknotfour. It shall remain to live through a V.2 in my new Compass Model S 4x4 which i got home the very same day from Celica Jeep Siliguri just before the deal for this was initialised and finalised all in an hour. I have retained my number SK01P0404 for the new vehicle and shall get it registered soon.
Hope to start an ownership thread soon. Posting some interiors of the Thar Crde ,the last ones which I had clicked.

Requesting Moderator(s) to kindly close this thread now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6381.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6380.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6379.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6378.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6375.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6373.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6382.jpeg  

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 14:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

re: Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold

Less maintenance on the Thar than the baby in the long run.

But I suppose its a done deal.
DirtyDan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 11:34   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I have retained my number SK01P0404 for the new vehicle and shall get it registered soon.
Can you please throw more light onto this process of retaining the number when you sell your existing vehicle and using that number to register a new vehicle?

Many thanks!
Old 24th June 2023, 11:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
Can you please throw more light onto this process of retaining the number when you sell your existing vehicle and using that number to register a new vehicle?

Many thanks!
Retention of number is possible by paying retention fees of Rs 5000 in my state. The portal retains the number with your detail and can be used to register only a new vehicle where retained number will be allocated to it. New HSRP may be made or old one can be used. The appropriate plate number (hsrp number etched) has to be uploaded in vahan by the RTO and its done. I choose to make new plates as old was bend and buckled especially the rear one. Here is my vehicle with the new plates and same old number. The old vehicle has to be allocated different number before this process is finalised for the new vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6675.jpeg  

Fourknotfour | My Black Mahindra Thar CRDe (refreshed edition) | EDIT: Now sold-img_6677.jpeg  

Dr_MNC_SK is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks