Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 08:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet

Saw this jeep while getting my wheels aligned and balanced yesterday.

Looks very nice - quite authentic in detail etc, but a little bit over the top, IMO

Lovely tyres and extra fittings and very well kept. Young chap - about 23-24 years old, driving it.
Said he paid 1.6 lacs for it in Chikmagalur - bought it off a used jeep dealer there.
And he apparently has spent more than Rs 1.5 lacs after buying it to bring it to the condition as shown.

Just thought I d share these pix which I took on my mobile phone, with the Team BHP jeep aficionados.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image149.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image150.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image151.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image152.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image153.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image154.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image155.jpg  

Some Pics of a vicious looking Jeep - US Army look alike - High Bonnet-image156.jpg  

Old 13th May 2008, 09:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Slightly overdone in terms of the accessories on board. What's a pitchfork doing on the left side of the Jeep?? And It's not the correct version of the Jeep to put US army logos on.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

yes i agree- US Army had only the low bonnet variety.
plus the axes in front and the rope around the bumper/fender etc is a bit OTT
however, the guy has spent decent amounts of money and effort trying to restore it so I guess one should give him credit for that much atleast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Slightly overdone in terms of the accessories on board. What's a pitchfork doing on the left side of the Jeep?? And It's not the correct version of the Jeep to put US army logos on.
Old 13th May 2008, 09:55   #4
Team-BHP Support

I think there is a fine line, which differentiates pro off-roading Jeeps from the rice boy variety. Putting pitch forks and spades on the body clearly tips it over the line.

Here is one I had posted years back, but that one was done very tastefully.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...king-jeep.html
Old 13th May 2008, 10:10   #5
R.G
BHPian

Is this a CJ 3B ??.
The painting job is good but overdone with accessories .

Slightly OT : What is the difference between a cut chassis and a short chassis jeep?
Old 13th May 2008, 10:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

this is correct. Your picture of that Militaristic looking Jeep are beautiful. Very good work - looks ready to attack the Desert or the Mountains!

however, this particular jeep I saw I think was more like a toy for the rich boy type.
it still looked quite nice though - may not be perfectly authentic etc, but it is certainly eye catching, being so unusual in this world of Accents and Santros and Vernas, and Swifts and Scorpios and SX4's and so on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I think there is a fine line, which differentiates pro off-roading Jeeps from the rice boy variety. Putting pitch forks and spades on the body clearly tips it over the line.

Here is one I had posted years back, but that one was done very tastefully.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...king-jeep.html
Old 13th May 2008, 14:37   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

the pitchfork and shovel dont look good at all. Otherwise, it looks quite nice !!

OT: That pic was taken in my dad's showroom

You a regular customer Shankar ?
Old 13th May 2008, 14:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Really appretiate for the work he has done and shows how much interest he has taken to build it off,just get-off the axe and rope and it will be fine
Old 13th May 2008, 14:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Good looking jeep. The pitch fork and shovel along with the twin axes are a little over the top fro my liking. If they have to be there, then I would rather they be painted in camouflage colours with a natural wood finish on the handles.
The jeep that Samurai had posted pics of was fantastic. I have a CJ-3b and will be doing it up with inspiration from the Samurai jeep. Loved the Matt Green colour
Old 13th May 2008, 14:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

looks like im there every week nowadays fiddling with tyre balancing and alignment!!
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
the pitchfork and shovel dont look good at all. Otherwise, it looks quite nice !!

OT: That pic was taken in my dad's showroom

You a regular customer Shankar ?
Old 13th May 2008, 15:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

I dont know much about jeeps. But this one looks nice. My guess is that it is a CJ3B. Nice tires.
Old 13th May 2008, 15:11   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
looks like im there every week nowadays fiddling with tyre balancing and alignment!!
cheers
Are you having some problems ? Please PM me with the details. Dont want to go OT.

Mods, sorry for OT but let this post remain until shankar sees it at least.
Old 27th May 2008, 00:08   #13
BHPian

Nice job, good care taken and very tastefully done the job....keep it up
I hope it still has original engine in it.
Old 5th July 2008, 18:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
yes i agree- US Army had only the low bonnet variety.
plus the axes in front and the rope around the bumper/fender etc is a bit OTT
however, the guy has spent decent amounts of money and effort trying to restore it so I guess one should give him credit for that much atleast
The US Army did use the 3Bs in some of the theatres of war like Vietnam etc. Since 3Bs and M38A1s (Military version of the CJ5), were in production side by side, the latter were more in use and M606s (the military version of 3Bs) were more for exports to US allies.
This jeep is like a 'Hot Rod ' version of the military jeep, with fittings like
axes,rakes etc together with US military hood numbers put to make it look attractive on the road, perhaps, which it certainly does. It will most certainly make a few heads turn on the road.
Old 1st December 2008, 18:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Saw this jeep while getting my wheels aligned and balanced yesterday.

Looks very nice - quite authentic in detail etc, but a little bit over the top, IMO

Lovely tyres and extra fittings and very well kept. Young chap - about 23-24 years old, driving it.
Said he paid 1.6 lacs for it in Chikmagalur - bought it off a used jeep dealer there.
And he apparently has spent more than Rs 1.5 lacs after buying it to bring it to the condition as shown.

Just thought I d share these pix which I took on my mobile phone, with the Team BHP jeep aficionados.

Cheers
A CJ3b, a very good paint job but too many accesories.
The jeep could also have looked better with the original low rise seats insted of the bucket seats.

Regards,

Randeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks