Team-BHP - Jeeps from Punjab.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Jeeps from Punjab. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/40286-jeeps-punjab.html)

Hi people people who are into jeeps would know that Dabwali is a famous place to get your jeeps build from.

so here are so pic of jeeps from Punjab they are all Dabwai stuff... they are mostly on toyota engines. You can see these kinda jeeps every where in Chandigarh. i dont have the pic of a Marroon jeep that is in Chandigarh that has 18" wheels with ultra low profile tyres. if any one has it please post it up. i am sure that is not the most comfy jeep. and my friend was telling that that jeep has a Merc Deisel unit init.

Totally pimped out Jeeps, huh? Whoever this dude is, I like his taste in alloy wheels but am not too sure how those super-wide tyres are going to help the Jeep perform.

Hi,

Let us know if you know of any for sale...

Would be interested in buying one if it is within my budget (2 lakhs).

Thanks,

Manas

wow thats some awesome jeeps,they are done up very well,i had seen a few jeeps 7-8months back when i had a visit to my cousin in chandigarah,i think its in fashion nowdays to have a open jeep :)

Oh God......i need a Jeep!!

-- Torqy

those look good but cannot imagine it going offroad..
More of good show jeeps for cruising

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramie2400 (Post 845810)
wow thats some awesome jeeps,they are done up very well,i had seen a few jeeps 7-8months back when i had a visit to my cousin in chandigarah,i think its in fashion nowdays to have a open jeep :)

Heehehe... its always been a fassion to have the open jeeps in punjab. and

@GTO: the jeeps in punjab are basically not for performance just to show off. a lot of jeeps in chandigarh have never seen a road out side of chandigarh for years. Lads come to chandigarh uni to study they buy a jeep bring it along . and then these are used for Geri in chandigarh it self. some of the lads end up being in chandigarh for longer than what they are supposed to be there for.

over all these are the jeeps there are some well modified or simple MM540. and that what i am going to get for myself.

They are reall lookers though. I doubt any of these have power steering, how are they going to turn those wheels at slower speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqy (Post 845823)
Oh God......i need a Jeep!!

-- Torqy

You have one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 845830)
those look good but cannot imagine it going offroad..
More of good show jeeps for cruising

Rice boy Jeeps.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 845793)
Hi people people who are into jeeps would know that Dabwali is a famous place to get your jeeps build from.

so here are so pic of jeeps from Punjab they are all Dabwai stuff... they are mostly on toyota engines.

Interesting. Where exactly is Dabwali? Is this near Chandigarh? Chandigarh is the nearest big city for a lot of us H.P. folks. This is the first place we think of if we need something big done, auto, medical or computer.

I presume most of these modded jeeps have had their four wheel drive capability by-passed and are only capable of 2 wheel drive. To "pretty up" a jeep and then cut off its front wheels is not an option I would take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 845839)
Interesting. Where exactly is Dabwali? Is this near Chandigarh? Chandigarh is the nearest big city for a lot of us H.P. folks. This is the first place we think of if we need something big done, auto, medical or computer.

I presume most of these modded jeeps have had their four wheel drive capability by-passed and are only capable of 2 wheel drive. To "pretty up" a jeep and then cut off its front wheels is not an option I would take.

Dabwali is a small town in border(Punjab/Rajasthan Border) district of Sirsa in haryana.and this small creepy town is very famous for Jeep rebuilding.

You can pay a visit there(even i'm thinking since long) and i'm sure you can find everything related to jeeps there and people dealing in jeeps in dabwali have grown so much proficient that they can rebuild a jeep they way anyone can think of.

And i'm sure these jeeps are all fake if you talk about off roading.

most jeeps would have been striped of 4WD when they have been modified.

and i dont like jeeps without 4WD.

@Desideep

Nice pics bro

you all are rite these are fake jeep when it comes to the 4WD. they all do have a power steering unit and these are hydrolic units.

these are no good jeeps for offroading. they are just good for cruising

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 845800)
Totally pimped out Jeeps, huh? Whoever this dude is, I like his taste in alloy wheels but am not too sure how those super-wide tyres are going to help the Jeep perform.

It doesn't help the Jeep, but I would guess that no one has ever beaten him in an arm wrestling competition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 845857)
you all are rite these are fake jeep when it comes to the 4WD. they all do have a power steering unit and these are hydrolic units.

these are no good jeeps for offroading. they are just good for cruising

Fake jeeps, perhaps, but maybe these Dabwali guys can do more than just "pimp" one out. Maybe they can do or go a long way toward doing restorations of 4 wheel drive jeeps, 'ay? Nice body work in the pictures.

Actually, I belong to an obscure Hindu sect which does not allow the uncoupling of 4 wheel drive units. If you do this and they catch you, they cut off one of your hoses and hand it to you in a jar of formaldehyde. It's "tough love".

To be honest I dont think these rim designs go with the low bonnet jeeps, especially when they are painted in military colours. Get those exact same rims on a Classic and they would look more at home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 845800)
Whoever this dude is, I like his taste in alloy wheels

I remember seeing a Classic near Not Just Jazz by the Bay that had similar rims :D.

These jeeps are overdone.....wish they atleast had 4wd to retain their charm. These are "TASHAN JEEPS"