Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 17:49   #1
Mud

Mitsubishi 3.2 D-ID Pajero 2003

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the 2003 Mitsubishi 3.2 D-ID Pajeros that were imported into India by HM on a order only basis. How are these vehicles and what would be the cost of one today. These were called Pajeros and not Montero as they are called today. Also the body is different in shape to the current versions. Any information would be welcome.
regards
Mud
Old 15th July 2008, 12:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard, Mud.

Quote:
How are these vehicles and what would be the cost of one today. These were called Pajeros and not Montero as they are called today.
Yup, they were called Pajero's until HM launched the older-gen @ 20 lakhs. The newer gen Pajero was then rebadged as the Montero for obvious reason.

About the 2003 Mitsubishi Pajero DID:

1. Market failure due to high price (CBU), low level of kit, HM and Mitsubishi's badge value (or the lack of it!).

2. Superb offroad capability. It will take anything you throw at it. Literally.

3. Excellent ride & handling balance. Comfortable ride over most terrain, while grip levels are awesome for an SUV. It is also surprisingly light / easy to drive considering the bulk.

4. Peppy engine. Punchy torque leads to superb driveability. 0 - 100 is respectable at 13 odd seconds. Engine is on the noisier side.

5. Interiors are not befitting of the price. Basic & functional is the best way to describe it. That said, ample room for 1st & 2nd row. 2nd row passengers will sit with their knees up due to high floor.

Overall, the '03 Pajero is an incredibly balanced overengineered SUV. Mitsubishi resales could potentially land a steal of a deal. The current Montero is basically a reskinned version of this Pajero itself. The '07 has been softened for wider appeal.

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2008 at 12:18.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:05   #3
Mud

Hi GTO,
Thanks for the information. I just bought one. And every thing you say is bang on. Will post some pics soon. Many thanks.
Regards
Mud
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:46   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Hi GTO,
Thanks for the information. I just bought one. And every thing you say is bang on. Will post some pics soon. Many thanks.
Regards
Mud
Congratulations!! Did you get a good deal? How easy / difficult was it to find an example in the first place? You have bought yourself an offroad king. Drive safe and I hope you plan to join us for offroading sessions.

Please do open a separate thread for a report on initial impressions & pictures.
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:48   #5
Mud

yes I did get a good deal. Also the vehicle is in fine condition having done only 36k. Pretty much everything is stock.
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:09   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Hi GTO,
Regards
Mud
LOL!

Welcome to the forum MUD and congrats on the Pajero! Eagerly waiting for some pics!

Elito
Old 23rd July 2008, 17:43   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations MUD. They sell very few of these and finding a good used one is hard. You are lucky !!
Old 27th July 2008, 11:15   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@MUD: Time for an update, pictures of the 3.2 D. You can't just buy a masterpiece and then not share it with us :-)

Also, when are you taking the beast for some MUD bath? The Mumbai T-BHP folks are very avid off-roaders, so you can hook up with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks