Team-BHP - Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/44851-gypsy-veterans-please-help-me-gypsy-king.html)

Hi All,

My search for a 4x4 brought me to an automotive website which had a Gypsy listed for sale.

According to the specs given on the site, the vehicle is a Gypsy King 2007 Model, Soft Top, fitted with Air con. It has covered 21,000 kms. The price quoted is 3.5 lacs.

Now I am really confused whether this is a Gypsy king of a beefed up MG410W.

Please help me to find a solution for this... Photographs attached....

Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ??-1397.jpg

Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ??-1398.jpg

Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ??-1400.jpg

I'm not a Gypsy Veterans but a veteran indeed.

This not a Gypsy King but the old one.

I am also not a veteran, but this is a MG410

Open the hood and look at engine. If its 1.3L MPFI its a king\

Tanvir, MPFI King has a different grill as below.

Gypsy Veterans Please help me... Is this a Gypsy King ??-gypsy2.jpg

I am not sure how we can confirm with these pictures, but guess this may help.
Gulzar Motors Ltd.
Check the details of the Gypsy and let us know.

its an old one ,,, you can make out from the bonnet ,, the new ones have a raised bonnet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabareesh (Post 956462)
.... a Gypsy King 2007 Model, Soft Top, fitted with Air con. It has covered 21,000 kms. The price quoted is 3.5 lacs. ...

If it is indeed a 2007 Gypsy King, I think the asking price would be more like 4-4.5 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabareesh (Post 956462)
.....Now I am really confused whether this is a Gypsy king of a beefed up MG410W.

The pics are not too clear, so cant say for sure; but it does look like a 410W. The best way would be to check if it has 4-speed or 5-speed gearbox.

This is probably the only sure-fire way to verify it easily : the other aesthetic changes can be equalled : but it highly unlikely that you would find a 410W modified with a 5-speed gearbox. So, if it has a 5-speed gearbox, then it definitely is a King (and vice-versa :))

Ok, here's a true Gypsy King. See the bonnet ?
Courtesy : headers (this is his gypsy)

It look more like a 1996/7 410W. 2007 is way off.

Visually the only way you can find out if a Gypsy is a Gypsy King or an Old MW410 is by looking at the front grill. I am sure you know the older Gypsy had a Jeep like grill and the newer King has a Maruthi redesigned ugly one. So if you have any doubts that the dealer is trying to cheat you then the only way you can know is by looking at the R.C book to confirm if it is registered as Gypsy King or Gypsy 4wd. Hope this helps and good luck.

Hoy boy.. this doesn't look like a 2007 King from ANY angle. It is for sure a MG410. The bonnet and the grill is a sure giveaway.

3.5L for a MG410.!!!! My GOD..

Buddy, check the RC book.

Cheers,

Was there a MG410 in 2007 ?

Another difference in the exterior : the turn indicator on the front bumper is on the inner side in the 410W, while in the King it is on the outer (compared to the parking light). Please see this pic (of the 410W) and compare with the King photo posted above.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpgim...0&d=1213293191

Of course, this is a minor thing that can easily be adjusted, if one was trying to cheat !

Another instance where a 410W is being potrayed as a 2007 King :

BOSS | 2007 Maruti Gypsy King ST - BS III | Photos - CarWale.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 956562)
Was there a MG410 in 2007 ?

I dont think so, esteem_lover.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.. I will be visiting the dealer in an hour or so. Btw, I managed to find another MG 410W nearby. Will be taking a look at that too on the way back.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, Will update the thread on both the vehicles as soon as I am back.

Thanks for all your help.