Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 15:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Dan,

I would guess that ATV's could be further seperated into quads (4-wheelers) and trikes (3-wheelers) ?

cya
R
Yeah, but a lot of places outlaw trikes because they are inherently dangerous so ATV has come to mean quad.
Old 8th September 2008, 14:03   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Having no experience at this whatsoever and having less mechanical ability than a mollusk does not stop me from giving you my master plan. How about a tricycle, it would be easier to rig the steering?

Okay, no good. Get 2 bikes and weld them together. Put the batteries and electric motor in the middle between the two bikes. Attach the output shaft of the elect motor to the existing bike sprockets or where the pedals input. This way you do not have to reinvent the drive to the wheels.

Steering may be almost as hard as the drive. One option is something simple like a child's wagon has. see below.

But I think this may entail too much friction, hence you will have to go to something like rack and pinion.
this design wud b so clumsy n impractical. Firstly, a good chassis that can support the weight of the batteries, machine parts and most important, the driver is required. Also, a good power electronic system and gear system has to be incorporaed for making this design commercially viable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi quasorpro,

Can you tell us more about what exactly you aim is?

Are you trying to make an off-roader type quad bike?
Is the emphasis on off-roading or on the electric part?

Check this out > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...kart-kvx1.html

cya
R

thsi is an off-roader but even though the main emphasis is on electric part, both are equally important for making this commercially viable.

thanx for the pic but it is a little clumsy. Please go thru some of pics of quad bikes. The chassis should be low and flat and made of thicker steel bars/rods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post
Hi quasorpro, first list down your aim & functionalities.
Set your budget.

Any new development starts for so many reasons, yours is project.

Start with fixing-up envelop & then make styling skecthes.
Do some home work, about concepts & existing benchmarks.

Set your design boundaries.Convert them to Engineering details.Start closing on desing, and make first prototype.

Keep on iterating it. If you need any support or help please PM me. I did a similar concept vehicle last year, but it was towards our rural development, i cant give you details of that in a public forum.

i would surely like to get your help. That would be great. Actually, i've one obstacle at present that is holding me back from doing teh designs now. It is the kind of cahssis i should use. From what i enquired, each length should be precise and i've no experience on quad bike chassis and haven't met anyone who has. I hope u would be able to help me this respect.

U can contact me on my id- quasorpro@gmail.com

its ok. Quad bike is usually in Austarli and Europe. All other palces, its ATVs only. Just like bicycle here and bikes in the US. :-)

SAE is Society of Automobile Engineers. they conduct a competition in South Africa every yr called BAJA for this kind of off-roaders. The judging is done based on many kinds of test runs and races. Just search for SAE+Amity in Google and you'll get Amity University's design of 2007. It is somewhat similar.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th September 2008 at 14:19. Reason: See Note in post
Old 24th September 2008, 12:19   #18

Blog

Hi all,

We have named our project as Project GreenMile.
We have also build a dedicated blog for the same in Blogger.
The address is GreenMile~ An Electric Quad Bike.
Please visit the blog for regular updates and details of the design.

Note that we have put our design in the blog now. Please check it and write your suggestions and comments in "comments".

Also, we are trying hard to get sponsors for our project. If anyone here can be of any help (monetarily or otherwise), please do contact us.

Thank You,

Regards,

Team GreenMile.
Old 21st February 2009, 17:15   #19

Hi All

Hi all,

I'm back after a long break. The project I proposed, India's first Indigenous Electric ATV, is going great. It will be over by April end. All the details regarding it is being posted and updated on my blog GreenMile~ India's First Electric Quad Bike. Please check it out and feel free to contact me in case of suggestions or clarifications.

Regards

Manish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks