Team-BHP - My mm540
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   My mm540 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/50408-my-mm540.html)

Hi jeepsters,This is my MM540
MODEL 1996,A/C FITTED,STOCK CROWN PINION 9/44,DONE 95000KMS,
DOOR PILLARS LOWERED AT HEIGHT OF FRONT WINDSCREEN,
GYPSY RIMS WITH TYRE SIZE 275/60/15,SOFT TOP,THIS IS MY DAILY USING VEHICLE.

Greetings Jeep540,

Welcome to the site. It is hard to see your undercarriage in the photos. You do not have 4 wheel drive? How does it handle with those big ole tyres, hard to steer at low speeds? But that size probably absorbs a lot of bumps and smoothes out the ride, 'ay? Looks interesting.

-DD

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep540 (Post 1086839)

I have few questions...

1. Can you please let me know the brand of the tyres?? You bought them new or they are used one. How much??

2. The A/C seems me very interesting. How is it working??
3. Is it a 4x4. Do you do off road in this vehicle. The AC condensor is fitted just before the radiator, does is not stop the air coming into the radiator.

First time seeing the Gypsy rear bumper on MM540, looking nice.

Hi DesertKing,

Congrats!!! very neatly done.

Few more info pls.

Can you please post some more pics of interior.
Can you please tell us more about A/C fitting.
Do you have Disc/Emergency brakes also?
Is it power assisted steering?

---Girish---

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep540 (Post 1086839)

congratulations bro!!! neat vehicle.. is ur 4*4 working?nice selection of colour.can u name the tyres as i need a new set of tyres for my classic

very nice and neat vehicle,
yeah, mind sharing some interiors pisc?

waiting..

Avi

Nice & neat looking vehicle.
Did you buy it from the IInd hand market/ brand new or Army disposal?

The Paint job is neat!

Nice, to the point and simple!:thumbs up

Thats how it oughta be!

If it has a 4wd, it would be great!

Yup! Share some more pics of interior and the undercarriage.

Regards
Vinay Rathore

nice ride,

and we would like to definitely see some interior pictures.

FK

Hi,

Welcome to T-BHP.

Neat Jeep you have there.

Cheers

Randeep

It looks huge with those tires, Any plans to change those rims? looks nice though :thumbs up

That's a beautiful MM540, all these beautiful MM540's in the forum makes we want one too, don't know how practical it would be with a wife and a kid though, but I sure want one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 1088638)
That's a beautiful MM540, all these beautiful MM540's in the forum makes we want one too, don't know how practical it would be with a wife and a kid though, but I sure want one.

If you will do off road driving with your kids, they will like your Jeep for sure, but I am sure only 5% Jeeper are lucky enought that their wife likes the Jeep, else Car is always a first choice of ladies. Secret- I am among those 95% unlucky persons :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 1088638)

540/550's have better cruising dynamics and comfort compared to other jeeps. Definitely its not comparable with a good car or SUV, but not too bad either. If your better half also has a liking for jeeps, its not too impractical to travel along with family in 540's. Get seat belts, good bucket seats,rollcage and if budget permits, some better shocks too; you are all set to go around. And with the pathetic roads in kolkata, particularly during the rains, its rather a good option to have a jeep (ironically I never had this thought when I used to stay there because my introduction to jeepworld is just around 6months!).

PS: I am one of those 5% lucky guys cheers: and my wife also is longing the same way as mine for a jeep to arrive