Team-BHP - My 1990 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   My 1990 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/50648-my-1990-mitsubishi-pajero-lwb.html)

My 1990 Pajero LWB 2.5 Diesel

Great SUV man!!have been in quite a few of these when i was in muscat.i was in my teens then!!

glad to see its so so so well maintained dude!

What a beauty!

Thanks for sharing.

One more question! Does the parts match with the one thats on offer.

ah!! an awesome car. your pajero is so good that it makes me dream for mine again. the color combo, the wheels, the old interiors are just amazing.clap:
are the parts still available, being a 1st gen. car?? becoz india has more 2nd gen. than 1st gen. models.

1 thing that really strikes me is this taillight was copied my mahindra??:eek:

I am guessing it runs as good as it looks. Any trouble getting spares and service? How is it equipped?

Can you please let me know that from where did you source the below device....

Nice to see an old timer after a very long time and also very well kept.

Cheers !!!

Nice one! hope you try to keep the originality. I saw few of the same models here still.

sali

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertKing (Post 1093328)
Can you please let me know that from where did you source the below device....

that thing is not an aftermarket fittings. all pajeros are fitted with those as stock. have a look-

My 1990 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB-l1445.jpeg
My 1990 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB-mitsubishi_pajero_3767190_orig.jpg

the current sfx also has it.
My 1990 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB-pajero_250707_00.jpg

PHOTOS ARE TAKEN FROM THE NET.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 1093889)
that thing is not an aftermarket fittings. all pajeros are fitted with those as stock. have a look-

Attachment 79622
Attachment 79641

the current sfx also has it.
Attachment 79640

PHOTOS ARE TAKEN FROM THE NET.

Actually both of you are right.

Mitsubishi Pajero has a stock inclinometer as pointed by Amit V8.
These are filled with a light oil and over time the oil leaks out from the this plastic backing in the rear.

Consequently I have as a temporary solution fitted an aftermarket unit on the dash.
Hopefully I will get a good unit that i can fit to get it back to stock condition.

I had this aftermarket inclinometer sitting with me from a long time and not sure where i got it, but you should be able to pck one up in any accessories store.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 1093312)
I am guessing it runs as good as it looks. Any trouble getting spares and service? How is it equipped?

Runs very well, when I picked it up it had done about 95 thousand KM. I have driven it over 50 thousand KM so far.
It has a part time 4WD with hi-lo range and manual freewheeling hubs.
The rear end has a LSD. It also has power steering, power windows, and dual AC.The engine has an oil cooler.
It has a torsion bar suspension up front with discs and leafs with drums in the rear. The rear seats fold down to give a flat loading area.

I use it as a daily drive in Bangalore's crazy roads.
Gives me about 10-11 km in town.

The nice thing about this car is that it does not have much of the electronics or vacuum powered systems like automatic freewheeling hubs etc. That way it is pretty simple to maintain.

Good highway runner too, cruising speeds of 90-100 are easily maintainable. the long suspension travel gives it a loping stride and soaks up most road irregularities. Although body roll is pronounced while cornering.

Where this car truly comes out is off road. Loads of low down torque give it enough grunt to get out of most situations. I regularly take it to my farm off Mysore and driving on wet paddy field edges in the rainy weather, nothing gives me more confidence.

The car was in singapore for most of its life and came to India in 99.
I have no trouble with parts, get most things in General motors in Bangalore

Cheers,

Wow!! That's one well maintained Pajero! Beautiful ride mate, and hats off to u for maintaining her so well!!

I got a K&N filter from Australia to fit the stock air box. Quite a few of this model cars are running there.
Another feature in the car designed for Australian conditions is the 93 liter fuel tank. Can do Bangalore to Bombay on one tank full!

These old school beasts are so beautiful. Marvellously maintained. Kudos and please don't ever sell her as far as possible. If ever I have the money though I'll buy it from you. :-p