Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 20:09   #16
BHPian

looks great in spec. need to know how well it performs on jeep with KTM90 or BA10 GB.

where did you find it? how much did you paid?
Old 7th February 2009, 20:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
looks great in spec. need to know how well it performs on jeep with KTM90 or BA10 GB.

where did you find it? how much did you paid?
Found it in Nasik on my visit to my brother's place but knew instinctively that iot has pottential, well paid only 17,500 for it and the Ford Seirra that it was fitted on had a reading of 85,000, let me know what could be the approx remaining life in kms that I can expect?
Thanks
Old 8th February 2009, 12:20   #18
BHPian

XD2 and XD2s

out of both these engines XD2 is more reliable. with proper care, should last for 2Lak Kms.

XD2s Built in 85-86 are reported to have problems of burnt gaskets . may be due to high Temp created by turbos.

rebuilding both engine should not be a problem.. most of the parts match with XD3p engines other than stroke

Awaiting for your MM 540 XD2S Pic...
Old 8th February 2009, 13:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Sorry, it is definitely an XD2. Just found out that my engine is an XD2S.
Jyobeb, Super eyes man

Faizal the answer to your question was in the photograph you posted yourself
Old 9th February 2009, 09:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Jyobeb, Super eyes man

Faizal the answer to your question was in the photograph you posted yourself
Sankar,
Due to my untrained eyes and technical limitations you see my thread on this forum, had I know the answers this thread would not exist.
Regards
Old 14th February 2009, 09:11   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Fazal - It is the engine which was used in the Peugeot J9 van. 2 nos J9s vans were imported into the country. They were superb, I have driven them extensively. The J9s were registered as MMU something in 1982 and were in Nasik. They were cream in colour. The lower fan position was used for the Voyager application of XD3 in 1997 but Voyager had a different intake manifold. This engine also has a cast mounting bracket, so it may have been used in a Sierra as you say, I do not know exactly, but Peugeot used to supply diesel engines to numerous manufacturers, so it is possible. The sensor on the LHS rear side of the head at the back is a temperature sensitive device with a cable connecting to the FIP to stabilize engine idling speed. It is broken however. What you need to do is remove the unwanted things (e.g.change the fan location which you can now put on the water pump to ensure reliability) and use it. Also try and locate the original dry type air cleaner. It was fitted on the valve cover. The depressions that you see on the valve cover are for this purpose. The dirty air intake was from the front side centre and direct outlet to the manifold from the annular space with a small straight hose. It was a work of art. It is very difficult to locate now but performance wise it was superb but in our country everybody wants "oil bath" type air cleaner because nobody wants to change the element so lot of things got diluted. Sad but true.

Please clean the engine thoroughly from the inside. These chor bazaarwallahs are notorious for keeping things dirty. By the way, was this the same chor bazaar behind the Bajaj Auto showroom in Nasik? Is the Sierra still there? I go there in the evenings quite often, let me see. By the way, I picked up a treasure for my fiats for a pittance.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th February 2009, 09:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

nice to hear the Peugeot Legacy courtesy Behram Dhabar
Old 21st February 2009, 16:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Fazal - It is the engine which was used in the Peugeot J9 van. 2 nos J9s vans were imported into the country. They were superb, I have driven them extensively. The J9s were registered as MMU something in 1982 and were in Nasik. They were cream in colour. The lower fan position was used for the Voyager application of XD3 in 1997 but Voyager had a different intake manifold. This engine also has a cast mounting bracket, so it may have been used in a Sierra as you say, I do not know exactly, but Peugeot used to supply diesel engines to numerous manufacturers, so it is possible. The sensor on the LHS rear side of the head at the back is a temperature sensitive device with a cable connecting to the FIP to stabilize engine idling speed. It is broken however. What you need to do is remove the unwanted things (e.g.change the fan location which you can now put on the water pump to ensure reliability) and use it. Also try and locate the original dry type air cleaner. It was fitted on the valve cover. The depressions that you see on the valve cover are for this purpose. The dirty air intake was from the front side centre and direct outlet to the manifold from the annular space with a small straight hose. It was a work of art. It is very difficult to locate now but performance wise it was superb but in our country everybody wants "oil bath" type air cleaner because nobody wants to change the element so lot of things got diluted. Sad but true.

Please clean the engine thoroughly from the inside. These chor bazaarwallahs are notorious for keeping things dirty. By the way, was this the same chor bazaar behind the Bajaj Auto showroom in Nasik? Is the Sierra still there? I go there in the evenings quite often, let me see. By the way, I picked up a treasure for my fiats for a pittance.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
is it possible to fit voyager XD3P engine in MM540 ?. what are the main differences between (know the block and head of engine is same) Voyager and Bolero XD3P engines?? any aletration needed in engine mounting and crankcase ?
Old 21st February 2009, 17:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
is it possible to fit voyager XD3P engine in MM540 ?. what are the main differences between (know the block and head of engine is same) Voyager and Bolero XD3P engines?? any aletration needed in engine mounting and crankcase ?
You have to change the engine bed location, the inlet manifold, the exhaust manifold, the water pump and the crankcase and also the position of the cooling fan.

Last edited by jyobeb : 21st February 2009 at 17:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks