Team-BHP - Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Jeep -Cj340. Heart over Mind (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/60061-jeep-cj340-heart-over-mind-7.html)

Hi Beejay,

Congrats on the jeep. You are lucky to get your hands on a such a fine stock jeep.

I have a CJ340 ( I thought it was a Mahindra classic - till my fellow Bhpians woke me and I smelt the coffee). I would like to "restore" or at least try and achieve the original CJ340 look of the car.

Could you please post some pictures of the interior and under the hood? I like the white and red bumpers. Does anyone know about the bumper colors if the car is black.

Having black car color with white bumpers would look retarded.

Thanks again and enjoy your drive.

Regards,
Abhinav

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab3d (Post 1693628)
Could you please post some pictures of the interior and under the hood? I like the white and red bumpers. Does anyone know about the bumper colors if the car is black.

Check out page 2. The CJ340 came in only 3 color options. The page.2/3 has a M&M Brochure of the original colors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 1693760)
Check out page 2. The CJ340 came in only 3 color options. The page.2/3 has a M&M Brochure of the original colors.

+1.

Also go through Samurai's thread titled how to live with a CJ340 or similar jeeps...

OT: Benny & Santosh: you guys coming for the bangalore OTR with your rides? I'm gonna be there and hope to meet up... PM me guys if coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ab3d (Post 1693628)
Hi Beejay,

Having black car color with white bumpers would look retarded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl (Post 1693952)
+1.

OT: Benny & Santosh: you guys coming for the bangalore OTR with your rides? I'm gonna be there and hope to meet up... PM me guys if coming

Santhosh has already answered your question. Will send you more pictures. I think the CJ340 looks best in red given the original available colours.
All the best with your build.

DOC, was hoping to be there. Unfortunatley I am now in Coimbatore. Just cursing my luck.:Frustrati

@svsantosh- I didn't notice them on a first glance. Thanks.

@Tejas@perioimpl - I am going through it. I bookmarked it yesterday and am going through it.

@beejay - Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

So, I finally managed to get the original owners manual for the CJ340.

BTW, it has all the specs of the MM available during the period, starting from the Cj3b to the MM540.

Will scan and post a few pages here.

A few pictires. I got a temporary sof top done.

Canvas costs 150 a metre. 6 metres used. Total cost was 1100 for the material and a further 400 for working and fixing the same. Actually this a a half top. The arabian headress flowing behind can be detached form the front top. Will post pictures of the half top only.

Was done at Gudalur. Jeep town

That top does not suit the jeep one bit. It takes away from the originality of the jeep. U said it was temporary, i hope its very temporary.

Its very very temporary. Its better than looking shabby. The halp top is decent and will post a picture of one soon. I am going to be in Coimbatore for a good two months and this should serve my purpose.

The original soft top is there with me and I am having the same mended. It needs a few stitches, thats all. So, the originality stays.

Some half top pictures.

Updates

Oil changed. Tie rod changed.

1650 for oil, speedometer cable and other consumbales. Labor charges 500.

The half top suits much better. BTW - what did you do with the old OE top? I will take it its a waste for you :). Need it for accurate dimensions while I am stitching my Jeep's top.

Hi Santosh. I am keeping the top with me as its quite good and just needs a few stitches. Will have the same back on after I go to coonnoor.
If you are looking to get a top made, get in touch with Siva and tejas, they have the number where the OE top is available in Bombay.

Dynamo serviced and minor electrical work done. Cost 1600.

I am on the lookout for a XD3P.

Would I be able to mate it to the existing tranny?

Would I need to change the drum brakes?

Is it worth the effort or should I just rebuild my existing XDP?

Do let me know if any XD3P is up for grabs.

^^ Chennai is the best place for you to search for scrap XD3P's and rebuild it completely. Did you check with Simpsons? Or in Coimby? Approx cost when I last checked was 25K for a DEAD engine, will need at least another 20K to make it tight. So be ready for a 45-50K budget...