Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 18:52   #16
BHPian

I'll continue the story through some photos.

I still have the original NDT tires the Jeep came with. Made by CEAT in 1970 - 6.00 x 16. Currently the Jeep sits on russian tires made for the Lada Niva. When we got it, it had wide and huge Bridgestone Dueler tires on - the same were fitted on the Mahindra Classic. I recently sold them to a friend who's building a Land Rover on a Nissan Patrol chassis.

Desertfox, I think you have asked me some time ago if I'm going to sell the engine, but I still don't know what to do. After all, it's my father who makes the final decisions. He clearly stated that the F-134 will never get back in the Jeep. I say never say never

And I'm adding a picture taken at least 11 years ago, with fresh pain, the NDTs and blacked-out windows. The foils were removed since they are still illegal in Macedonia. You can use up to 30% of tint, but there's no way that you can prove that yours are OK.

Also added are photos of the heater, the gauges (all original), the data plate written in Serbian and the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-dscn0203.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-dscn0902.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-dscn0903.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika131.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika138.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika139.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika144.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika182.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika183.jpg  

Attached Images

JeepMkd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:00   #17
BHPian

Here are the videos

These are with a bit poor quality, but now I have equiped myself with a digital camera, so more better videos are on the way

More videos my channel
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:54   #18
BHPian

Shell off a Land Cruiser?

Noticing what everyone said about body, I had a closer look, and it looks to me like it's come of a FJ 40 series Land cruiser..

Anyone else feel the same?
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
And I'm adding a picture taken at least 11 years ago, with fresh pain, the NDTs and blacked-out windows. The foils were removed since they are still illegal in Macedonia. You can use up to 30% of tint, but there's no way that you can prove that yours are OK.
Dear friend, your words reveal your love for the Jeep, the condition of the Jeep endorses it and it is equally gratifying to see the interest you have shown in this forum of Jeep Lovers. And the pictures of serene nature are gorgeous!It looks like a Mahndra Jeep offroading in Indian hill stations like Nainital or Munnar.Please do write something about Macedonia, the land of Alexander th Great and of chivalry, and also post some pictures including other four wheel drive vehicles in Macedonia.

What is that fan like thing near your Jeep's throttle pedal?
Old 6th August 2009, 18:49   #20
BHPian

New video uploaded today. I hope you like my song choice

Last edited by JeepMkd : 6th August 2009 at 18:51.
Old 6th August 2009, 20:17   #21
BANNED

nice jeep and good video
Old 13th December 2009, 18:27   #22

Hi Jeep MKD, I am writing in late as I just happen to see your Jeep's pictures now. Its a good Jeep and and a fine example proving that the long wheel base can and is just as effective as a short one - only more comfortable on and off the road. I used to own a Mahindra 550, derived from the CJ5 platform and a very competent machine.

I would love to get my hands on a CJ 4 / 4A if I can..

Cheers!

Pushkin.
Old 15th May 2010, 23:04   #23
BHPian

Regarding the XD2 engine and the KMT-90, here's a first hand experience as promised.

My KMT-90 transmission arrived about two weeks ago but work didn't start right away because the mechanic wasn't free. Now the T-90 is out of the Jeep and they have started completing the 2.3D with the KMT-90. Loads of info to follow, and so far no issues

I got the transmission used from Germany. A quick look shows that the internals are in great condition and hopefully it will work fine, otherwise I'm in big trouble. See the first picture.

First thing the mechanic did is lift the engine out of the Jeep. Next was the T-90. It proved to be a headache to remove a 40 year old piece of machinery out of the Mahindra but they finally got it out completely with the bottom crossmember holding it. Propshafts remained in place, but u-joints will all be replaced prior to final assembly. The Jeep and the T-90 are still there so my father and I still haven't looked at the T-90, we'll open it when we'll have it home.

Now I'll continue the discussion from fazalaliadils's thread about the "CJ3B The Dog 2"

1. All questions about fitting the KMT-90 to the XD2 Ford Sierra 2.3 Diesel engine are answered
- the bellhousing sits perfectly on the 3 main bolts from the engine block;
- the starter turns free when bolted to the bellhousing and there is no need for any adjustments;

however practice has shown the next:

- the flywheel is slightly larger in diameter than the bellhousing's opening. The bellhousing needs to be milled 3mm (milimeters) on the inside so the flywheel doesn't touch the walls of the bellhousing. See photo 4
- I got the original pressure plate from the guy in Germany. This one is (I think) 235mm and it should be 240mm. The german one didn't fit the holes (6 in total) on the flywheel. It is off only by 2mm, but it doesn't bolt. I had to order new one, strictly for a 2.3 Diesel Sierra. See photos 2 and 3. The secong photo shows the brand new pressure plate I had to buy.

2. What has been done to my Mahindra by now:

- The engine and the transmission are both out of the Jeep. Also the connector plate is out and I won't need it anymore.
- The handbrake assembly has been transfered from the T-90 to the KMT-90. Perfect fit, thank God. The brake shoes have been refurbished.
- The bellhousing has been milled to accomodate the flywheel. Done quickly and without a problem.
- The lid where you can fit a PTO or OD was bent during transport, so it was replaced by the one from the T-90.

There is still loads of work to be done, we have already discussed it so no need for repeating. It is a big relief to know that everything works as it should. As things progress I'll try to take better photos and write updates.

Also, you might have noticed that I don't have the main shift handle. I'm still waiting it to be shipped.
Attached Thumbnails
My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-dsc00066.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika916.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika917.jpg  

My Mahindra CJ 4 (Macedonia)-slika918.jpg  

Last edited by JeepMkd : 15th May 2010 at 23:07.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:45   #24
BHPian

What oil grade should I use for the KMT-90 transmission?

I've used SAE90 for the T-90, I believe the same apllies here.

Most Viewed