Team-BHP - Jeep from Yamuna Nagar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Jeep from Yamuna Nagar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/66487-jeep-yamuna-nagar-7.html)

Dont worry, its should be a fuelling or tune up issue which should be sorted out soon.

@Atul
I am happy to see that finally after pulliing some strings finally some action is taking place!!!
Best of luck with the task ahead
Cheers

Thanks for the words jaggu bhai (I hope you dont take an affront to the address) and harjeev.

Will post any change in status as and when that happens. But i'll tell you one thing fellas, its an awful feeling to see your jeep being tugged away...makes you feel very helpless.:Frustrati

atul

dont worry dude, When I first brought my 3B home the I had to push start it the next morning to take it back to workshop!!! My workshop in this case was the ill-famous Mayapuri:uncontrol but still I can understand how you must be feeling.
Not to mention that you have been on the hunt for your dream vehicle for ages now, I still remember the 1st time you came to my office and we went to Mayapuri together! All this experience is the part of the ownership experience and one day you'll remember all this and laugh it away. Believe me!!!

This is why its said

JEEP ARE BUILT
THEY CANNOT BE BOUGHT

This is your building process!!!
Cheers to that

Rehan - thank you. would try to remain more focussed in future. Actually it was'nt berating any company but i only wanted to put an example of how even OEM's fail. so that conflict of interests cannot be solely blamed on the head of the individual service provider (read franchise)

Harjeev - prophetic words. i just hope they cum true soon.

atul

cant agree more with harjeev, it takes time and heart breaks to get ur jeep up and about..

Any updates with this? Did they sort the issue's?

Jaggu Bhai,
You made my day when i saw your post. Your interest has me floored. Was out this week on a hectic tour of Lucknow and Meerut and hence could not write any posts. Took stock of the condition of the vehicle (sorry 3B) over the phone. The guys at the M&M First Choice workshop report that they have sorted out some of the issues by deploying some experts - Mainly leakage from the exhaust manifold and the loss of power, attributing the second one to leakage from the head gasket, improper compression, some sort of valve problem, etc. However the hunting/ misfiring issues still remain it seems. They expect to sort it out by tomorrow. Then the jeep goes for sorting out paint quality issues viz. non removal of earlier layer of paint and the cracking of paint at a number of locations. I just hope that all of this gets completed in the next 2-3 days so that i can use my jeep before the hot summer really sets in.

Guys! that reminds me. When i took delivery of my jeep the first time from M&M workshop on 27th Feb a couple of weeks back and was driving it home the temp indicator was initially hovering around 80degC but a few red lites on the ring road between rajghat & ashram and then from ashram to Badarpur border, and the temp shot up to 90 and then gradually 100degC. I also noticed that regular speeds of 35-40 in 3rd had a tendency to bring the needle down and bumper to bumper traffic sent it soaring up. since the ambient temperatures were in the range of 25-27degC i dont know what to make of it. is it overheating, or is it normaal for a hurri to operate on these temp ranges. I dread to think what will happen in May and June when ambients are in the range of 40degC during afternoons.

Enlighten me please:

Regards,
atul

Good to read Aul that they are finally sorting out the issue, but I am really apprehensive that they will finally or may I say successfully be able to sort out everything especially the engine part!!! Let's see, fingers crossed and I hope that I am wrong.
I am heading today to Classic Motors, Noida to show my CJ3B and maybe go in for an engine overhaul.

BTW welcome to the heating part of the CJ3B. May I ask what radiator are you using, 3core or a 4core? Post some pics if possible!!!
I had the same heating issue in my 3B (refer to my thread, May -Jul09 posts).
I am no expert but as far as I remember the headgasket in my 3B was leaking and water was seeping in one of the chambers and the radiator was very old and local make (desi) with many of the fins blocked. The temperature used to shoot up to 80-100 degrees and the water used to boil like anything.
So we changed the radiator from 3core to 4 core copper radiator and put in a new head gasket. Since then touchwood the temperature stays well between limits and I am now worried due to the temperature not rising :uncontrol
In the winters the needle does not even rise. i have to put a cardboard sheet in front of half the radiator to block some of the air and keep the engine warm. Whereas in the summers I remember the temperature staying in 60 degrees range with occasionally rising upto 80 in bumper to bumper traffic, toll plazas and extensively using 4x4 low in OTR's

Cylinder head gasket leakage can occur in two types- leakage between adjacent cylinders and leakage between cylinder and adjacent water jacket, cylinder to cylinder leakage is checked by using a compression tester,leakage in this condition will result in a drop of compression pressure by 50 to 70%, to check cylinder to water jacket leakage warm up the engine until the thermostat opens up, if leakage is present, bubbles will be seen in coolant,if bubbles are not visible install a radiator pressure tester, pressurize the cooling circuit and check for leakages. Hope it clarifies.

Spike:D

Harjeev- Docfreak updated me about your Noida visit. I suggested the same to the Area Mgr/ First choice and he agreed that in case issues were not sorted out he would do the same. In my 3B SK had told me during rebuilding that the radiator was a new copper one, Not sure about the 3 or 4 core version. After talking to Doc, i rang up first choice. it seems that the valves had seized due to insufficient clearance. The head was removed and sent for rework. Should be back by today evening as per the version of Mr. Lovekesh there.

Thanks spike. Inspite of being a mech engineer it sounded too technical specially since i dont have the stuff in front of me to actually see what you meant. Personally i'm slow stupid:and hands on descriptions are much easier to appreciate. Would love to get things explained about the 3B from you and BD in person someday, if possible.

I know you all must be having a hectic schedule what with the Thar and all other projects. But can we have a sort of owner's workshop about the petrol jeeps (read 3B) with you guys explaining the nitti gritties for novices like me (I know I'm being greedy). Mumbai or Delhi or anyother location would be fine. A practical session where you take apart things, explain and then put them back together. Is it too insane an idea?:Shockked:

BTW your choice of :D is really catchy.

Regards,
atul

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH (Post 1780853)
Harjeev- Docfreak updated me about your Noida visit. I suggested the same to the Area Mgr/ First choice and he agreed that in case issues were not sorted out he would do the same. In my 3B SK had told me during rebuilding that the radiator was a new copper one, Not sure about the 3 or 4 core version. After talking to Doc, i rang up first choice. it seems that the valves had seized due to insufficient clearance. The head was removed and sent for rework. Should be back by today evening as per the version of Mr. Lovekesh there.

Regards,
atul

Quote:

it seems that the valves had seized due to insufficient clearance.
Pardon me for my ignorance but does this mean that the head will have to be re-bored??? :Shockked:
If yes then how big or small job is that, Will the valves will have to be changed too??? And how much is the damaged, to the engine and financially???

This is bad :deadhorse

Quote:

Thanks spike. Would love to get things explained about the 3B from you and BD in person someday, if possible.
But can we have a sort of owner's workshop about the petrol jeeps (read 3B) with you guys explaining the nitti gritties for novices like me (I know I'm being greedy). Mumbai or Delhi or anyother location would be fine. A practical session where you take apart things, explain and then put them back together. Is it too insane an idea?:Shockked:
BTW your choice of :D is really catchy.

Thanks Atul Bhai, When it comes to knowing Jeeps there is no one better than Dhabhar Sir and UBS Sir, i am lucky i work with BD sir, whatever little i know about jeeps i owe it to him. Your idea of this session sounds really good, infact even i would love to be a part of such an activity.

Spike:D

P.S. BTW Sudhir Sir also knows me very well.

Quote:

After talking to Doc, i rang up first choice. it seems that the valves had seized due to insufficient clearance. The head was removed and sent for rework

Wasnt the engine just rebuilt? You are not going to be a happy man once you get the bill for the head work...!! :(

Sorry folks for keeping away from reporting the status for so long. My jeep's still tucked away in the Mahindra service centre undergoing some rework or the other. As per the guy incharge overthere the cylinder head has been reworked upon, the engine missing and leakages have been attended, the oil drips from all the locations have been attended to to (the gaskets and oil seals have been changed to ensure this, which ones-dont ask me till i get a detailed list). The gear box it seemed was quite hard and thrashy somewhere in 2nd and the same is being attended to on date. The clutch plates have also been attended to since the friction material had come off loose in a few locations resulting in heavy shuddering and vibration. Is it normal? And is it possible to get a new set of the original ones from somewhere? Currently a repaired one has been put in since an original OEM one could not be located.
Incase the mechanical portion is attended to by tomorrow, i may go over on tuesday to check on how is the vehicle coming along. With all the delay and gremlins faced by me during the rebuild i've actually stopped looking forward to the cosmetics part like paint and fit & finish. Just want to get my jeep back. Have started thinking that the retrofitted BTL 305 was actually much better since the same was actually moving the jeep. I dont know how much more do i have to wait.
I'd already purchased the black canvas cloth almost a month back and washed it at home to ensure shrinkage before stitching. But all that seems futile. May be would have been much better if instead of taking the jeep to Mahindra first choice i had chosen Classic motors, Noida, i would be much better off. Its been now almost 5 months since the jeep was first taken to this workshop and there seems to be no end.

:Frustrati i know i'm sounding a bit grumpy and cheesed off. Sorry for creating such a gloomy atmosphere.

next status as soon as i can visit the garage.

:D spike, was'nt able to talk to SK about you since he seems to have disappeared off. Have'nt seen him at the service centre in the last 1-1/2 months.
atul