Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Army disposals in Punjab

Here are a few snaps of what my local army disposal dealer had in stock a few weeks ago. The location of the place is Mansa, as with most other such dealers he can arrange for the documents to be prepared. There were also a few Ambassadors and buses for sale. The quality of his stock was nothing to write home about. He has some sort of arrangement with a Mayapuri dealer, from the look of things he gets all the stock that is in poor shape. A few were even missing the gearboxes. For anyone wanting to venture to this place drop me a PM for his phone number and I have a geotagged photo which you can see to get his location.

Army disposals in Punjab-pict0108.jpg

Army disposals in Punjab-pict0110.jpg

Army disposals in Punjab-pict0111.jpg

Army disposals in Punjab-pict0112.jpg
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:54   #2
BHPian

Wow. get prepared to be bombarded with PMs and blessings people are going to send your way!
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rhandle,

I think Mayapuri is a better option as you have better choice and from photos I have seen the quality of the army disposals is better. I guess for those in Punjab this dealer in Mansa and the ones in Pathankot are more convenient.

Also Sai Market in Patiala has a few dealers in Army disposals. From the dealer I spoke to the going rate for a disposal Gypsy was 90,000RS and 80,000RS for a 550. The rate for getting the RC was 12,000RS.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Does the dealer have any Gypsy Kings in stock? All the cars in the first pic are old 1.0 L gypsys.
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:32   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Satnam - it is indeed sad to see our beloved vehicles in this sorry state. This is what happens when people without passion get the power to control things.. Anyways, we can make the vehicle, they cannot!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Satnam - it is indeed sad to see our beloved vehicles in this sorry state. This is what happens when people without passion get the power to control things.. Anyways, we can make the vehicle, they cannot!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dadar Behram, these are army vehicles, they will be in a sorry state...do you expect army vechiles to be in prime condition ? vehicles after xxxx Km are disposed off. Where does the question of Passion and Power come here ?

ac
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear ac427 - let's just say that I happen to know what happens, therefore I commented. Please don't make me say what happens.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd November 2009, 18:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

I see a black jeep with a Ferrari sticker.is that a army one too ?
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I see a black jeep with a Ferrari sticker.is that a army one too ?
I think that the black one looks like a CJ3B!!! It has flat fenders and even the scissors soft top frame is the signature of CJ3B's
I think that its an army disposal as the civilian CJ#B's dint come with the side handles and the engine hood clamps!!!
I may be wrong too as I am still a novice who is learning the ropes!!!
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Ferrari Jeep looked like a dabwali disposal. It certainly had been through a dabwali makeover somewhere during its lifetime.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Dadar Behram, these are army vehicles, they will be in a sorry state...do you expect army vechiles to be in prime condition ? vehicles after xxxx Km are disposed off. Where does the question of Passion and Power come here ?

ac
I guess he is saying that. Instead of selling this off to hobbyist like us directly, Army just sells them off to scrap dealers who try to recover their Bid money which ever way possibly.

PS: i would like if you quote veteran like Dhabharji and the like with little respect. They were into jeeps when you and i were in our nappies.
Thank you

Last edited by SirAlec : 23rd November 2009 at 20:52.
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:00   #12
BHPian

Nice one Satnam.

Of all the things mentioned here what grabs my attention is that the white jeep in the last pic has a regular registration number of "PB 31 G 5565" written on it.

It seems like he might have connections to get the RC book done in Mansa which is PB 31. So for all the ones who dont want Zira "PB 47 XXXX" number might want to get in touch with this guy.
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

these vehicles look like they are the leftovers after a bachelor party!

well these vehicles are NOT for 4x4 nuts at all to be brought to life after spending $$$ on them!
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
Nice one Satnam.

It seems like he might have connections to get the RC book done in Mansa which is PB 31. So for all the ones who dont want Zira "PB 47 XXXX" number might want to get in touch with this guy.
He handled our reg and we ended up with a PB47 plate.

Quote:
these vehicles look like they are the leftovers after a bachelor party!
These were the good vehicles, he told me of a couple of "special" Gypsy he had locked up in another unit. I got all excited like when I watched 'The Absent Minded Professor' during junior school filmclub....I approached the unit like a child blindfolded and being taken to his special birthday gift....anyhow to cut a long story short they were the worst condition army gypsy's I had ever seen. So I made an excuse as having to consult big brother and papa ji before buying one and left in a haste.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
... get prepared to be bombarded with ...!
These jeeps already looked as if they are BOMBED right out of the world - Hmm... the worst of the Army' Auctions I have seen in TBHP till date...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
..This is what happens when people without passion get the power to control things...

So much truth, and so little can be put forth on the table for all to read!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks