Team-BHP - Gypsy's Fate after Bharat Stage IV
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Gypsy's Fate after Bharat Stage IV (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/74593-gypsys-fate-after-bharat-stage-iv.html)

After 1 April 2010 when Bharat Stage IV emission norms are applied. Will gypsy retain the Revv friendly G13BB engine with minor modifications to ECM? or will it get the K series engine of the swift. The new K series engine is almost 995cc smaller and also produces less bhp as compared the old G13BB but they claim that it has more torque and is quite peppy. Comments please.

if they can shave 11mm off, and that makes it cheaper - why not? :D

That would be an awesome day it becomes affordable around 4.5L ex-showroom!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amar82 (Post 1707862)
After 1 April 2010 when Bharat Stage IV emission norms are applied. Will gypsy retain the Revv friendly G13BB engine with minor modifications to ECM? or will it get the K series engine of the swift. ....

Maybe, the production & sale of the Gypsy will stop for civilians after April. That's a very REAL possibility. The civilian off-take of the Gypsy is not enough to force Maruti to even think in any of the 2 directions -- making the 1.3 euro 1V compliant or putting in a K series engine.

So, all those looking for a new Gypsy, here is your last chance to buy it before April...

Arghhhhhhhhhhh! Khan saab dont say that!

But yes numbers are small to justify more investment, so will MUL decide to plonk in K series, Multijet or let the 4x4 icon die?

MUL please do something surprising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1707955)
Maybe, the production & sale of the Gypsy will stop for civilians after April.

Could be true, because the private sale numbers dont justify the investment!

Army vehicles dont need to match emission norms? What about police vehicles?
Quote:

Will gypsy retain the Revv friendly G13BB engine with minor modifications to ECM?

More importantly, K12M produces more torque that the G13B!

Maruti could also use the downsized version of the G series engines, that they recently developed for the Versa, sorry 'eeco' (huh, some name! :Frustrati)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1707955)
Maybe, the production & sale of the Gypsy will stop for civilians after April. That's a very REAL possibility. The civilian off-take of the Gypsy is not enough to force Maruti to even think in any of the 2 directions -- making the 1.3 euro 1V compliant or putting in a K series engine.

So, all those looking for a new Gypsy, here is your last chance to buy it before April...

Khan Bhai,
If you are correct, i am booking a new gypsy in next 15 days. I love Gypsy and want to retain the last one's to be built for civilians.

Amar

Quote:

After 1 April 2010 when Bharat Stage IV emission norms are applied. Will gypsy retain the Revv friendly G13BB engine with minor modifications to ECM?.

G13 --> G12 RWD BS4 package already exists on the Eeco. Its a nobrainer for Maruti to use this in the Gypsy.

Bharat Stage IV emission norms are to be applied only across 13 cities starting from April 1, 2010 !

The Gypsy can still be registered and sold in all other Indian cities ! ? !

Is there any1 from Maruti to confirm the Gypsy's fate?
I personally think that it should be continued, i mean its one of the best & respected offroader around the world.
Lets hope that it will be available with a new engine (but with an extra cost).
Gypsy can have the same engine thats going to be fitted in Swift, atleast keep the option open as on order basis.

BTW, There must be some plan in Maruti, as its main vehicle for Police force & government along with the Mahindra Bolero so what about Euro 4 restriction for them?

Personally, I think G13BB is better engine then K series Swift engine as it is more rev friendly, only disadvantage would be 2km/L difference in mileage.

I dont think discontinuing the sale to Public is a good move, If the Gypsy not made Euro-IV compliant what will happen to the sales to Government departments? As the vehicles need to be registered in Euro-IV cities as well, unlike military sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1708017)
G13 --> G12 RWD BS4 package already exists on the Eeco. Its a nobrainer for Maruti to use this in the Gypsy.

Does this mean by changing the ECM the Gypsy can be made BS IV compliant ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1708362)
If the Gypsy not made Euro-IV compliant what will happen to the sales to Government departments? As the vehicles need to be registered in Euro-IV cities as well, unlike military sales.

Good point, are there any news in the media regarding this ?

MS..bring in a diesel gypsy. it will be a hit I guess, also a Euro IV petrol petrol is welcome.

I too heard something similar from the MASS guys!!! But no one is sure as there's no official announcement from the company as yet!!!

Guys,

No offence to Khan Bhai here, but does it really makes sense to buy a new Gypsy for our use. Also not forget when we have Mahindra Thar on the horizon.