Team-BHP - Thar she blows !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Thar she blows !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/81365-thar-she-blows-65.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2021191)
One question Parm, what is the point in answering this question?
What do you plan to make out of it?
This will lead to nothing but speculations and more of it.
Cheers,
Deepak

well the answer will show what kind of customer will be buying the thar and for what purpose or usage!

i think some fellow forum members have answered as to how they intend to use thar, some as daily drives, some as for long drives to mountains!

if you dont feel like answering then dont! its as simple as can be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 2023021)
well the answer will show what kind of customer will be buying the thar and for what purpose or usage!

i think some fellow forum members have answered as to how they intend to use thar, some as daily drives, some as for long drives to mountains!

if you dont feel like answering then dont! its as simple as can be.

Don't get me wrong Parm. My question still remains, as to what are you going to make out of this information.
Say, i answer your question as "Only for OTRs" and let us assume that most would say the same. Would this information bring in some changes in the configuration of THAR? I am sorry but the answer is NO.
So, i did not see a point in your question.
If you think that it makes sense, and you need this information, please go ahead! I am sorry to have spoiled your party.
Cheers,
Deepak

Agree with Deepak. Basically at this point since the vehicle is in the approval stage the technical specifications will be frozen/finalized. This will end up with another 10 pages of I use it for xxxxxx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2023099)
Don't get me wrong Parm. My question still remains, as to what are you going to make out of this information.
Say, i answer your question as "Only for OTRs" and let us assume that most would say the same. Would this information bring in some changes in the configuration of THAR? I am sorry but the answer is NO.
So, i did not see a point in your question.
If you think that it makes sense, and you need this information, please go ahead! I am sorry to have spoiled your party.
Cheers,
Deepak

you didnt spoiled my party, it starts the day i get the White Thar!:D

anyway regarding my question, i just wanted to know how people intend to you the Thar. i know not all of us can afford two vehicles in the family, but many of want to buy it, but its not a family vehicle!

so some people will be making a difficult choice in buying Thar.

Hi,

I just want to hi-light again that the soft top Thar must have the option to fold the front windscreen.

We can do that on the CJ 340, CJ Classic and the Gypsy today and we must be able to do that on the Thar as well.

Yikes!

when will they launch the thar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 2023424)
you didnt spoiled my party, it starts the day i get the White Thar!:D

anyway regarding my question, i just wanted to know how people intend to you the Thar. i know not all of us can afford two vehicles in the family, but many of want to buy it, but its not a family vehicle!

so some people will be making a difficult choice in buying Thar.

This topic has been :deadhorseon this thread and elsewhere. And we all know the answers (mostly), but yet the impatient minds in us keeps asking the same mundane/repetitive questions :D

I for one cant wait for the launch !! I want a white one too !!!

Thar would be a total "YES!!!" from my side if its gonna be anywhere less than 7.5L.

Me and my father are drooling over it and would be booking one as soon it hits India!

Hi Guys

A few pics of our two South African Thar`s that competed a 4x4 event this past weekend. We did very well but urgently needs a difflock to compete against the big-guns.

@Wild card, lovely picsclap:, apart from situations requiring diff locks, how did it perform?

Spike

PS- Don't worry, I've got one made for you. Hope you will get it soon :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aa_asif (Post 2024979)
Thar would be a total "YES!!!" from my side if its gonna be anywhere less than 7.5L.

Asif,
That's is being realistic now, unlike before where it was expected to be sold between 5-5.5L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild_Card (Post 2028766)
Hi Guys

A few pics of our two South African Thar`s that competed a 4x4 event this past weekend. We did very well but urgently needs a difflock to compete against the big-guns.

Wild_Card,
Nice Pics. and she surely blows!
We need diff locks too here, that too urgently.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2028876)
@Wild card, lovely picsclap:, apart from situations requiring diff locks, how did it perform?

Spike,
We too need diff locks and hope my set is getting ready too.

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2028876)

Spike

Spike,
The Thar handles very well, the power is great and very responsive - rear wheel travel is excellent and it sounds great (I had the exhaust removed - is coming out the side)

Our next event is mid Sept - I need a locker before then.... please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild_Card (Post 2028766)
Hi Guys

Nice pics , Wild_Card :thumbs up

The power of the NEF CRDe is very visible. Rear axle articulation of the Thar is amazing.

Were you able to clear the ascent in the first two pics without any external assistance?

PS : We also had a 4X4 competition in Chennai, this past weekend :-) The Palar Challenge (TPC10) 2010.

Wild card, Thanks for sharing these pics and your experience.

Now that we have you here.

Both vehicles seem to have the same, roll cage, wheels and tires, are they standard fitment down in SA?

Is the Bull bar a MM optional accessory?

Also cant you just fit a aftermarket Diff Locks, why does it have to be specially made?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 2029176)
Nice pics , Wild_Card :thumbs up

The power of the NEF CRDe is very visible. Rear axle articulation of the Thar is amazing.

Were you able to clear the ascent in the first two pics without any external assistance?

PS : We also had a 4X4 competition in Chennai, this past weekend :-) The Palar Challenge (TPC10) 2010.

Yes the power is great, but would really.... really like more! But like they say: To much power is just enough...clap:

The first pic was from a progressive obsticle - you get points as far you can drive into the obsticle without touching the barriers. The first 10 points are very easy, max point 60 - but to get the last 60 point, is very tough.. so no did reach the top. The second pic, we did reach the top but did not has enough traction to get over, unfortuntly this was not an progressive one, and we did not get the full 60 points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 2029189)
Wild card, Thanks for sharing these pics and your experience.

Now that we have you here.

Both vehicles seem to have the same, roll cage, wheels and tires, are they standard fitment down in SA?

Is the Bull bar a MM optional accessory?

Also cant you just fit a aftermarket Diff Locks, why does it have to be specially made?

The roll cage is std, but the wheels and rims are not, even the two Thar`s dont have the same mag rims and the tyres we fitted are very different.
We had the bull bar, rear bumper and side steps (not fitted yet) made in South Africa.
I`ve also removed the exhaust, please check the attached pic - the exhaust is coming out just in front of the right rear wheel