Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 22:32   #16
BHPian

Re: My Red Jeep

@Dmehta, The write up is on finding the 340. The foglights are on 540,anyways ,thanks for dropping a line

Andy
Old 8th March 2011, 05:33   #17
BHPian

Andy,
Congrats on the impeccable looking Classic. Jeepers are said to be a lucky bunch and now I know why! Happy restoration dude and the 540 has killer looks! I saw the pics in the excursion thread and its done a great job!
Old 8th March 2011, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats Andy on the RED. i regularly see your orange 540 parked in lavelle road.
Old 8th March 2011, 21:54   #19
BHPian

@madhkris, it is a red CJ340,we indians have copycat mentality,previous owner had stuck ugly looking 'classic' badging to mislead people. Infact when news came to me that an old man is selling a jeep and I rushed to see,He insisted that red jeep was a classic.

@livyodream, I work in UB city and nearest free (and relatively safe) parking place is lavelle road,maybe you'd lately see my green pickup.

Warm Regards
Old 9th March 2011, 01:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

The orange jeep looks very neat, very well maintained and amazing.I also work in UB City, so hope to catch you some time. Will pm you later for setting up the meet

By the way, the pics you have posted, are they off the jeep when you first saw it. It looks in good shape to have been in a basement for 16 years
Old 9th March 2011, 13:05   #21
BHPian

Hey Andy,

Congrats on your Red Jeep. It does really look spic and span. And with a little touch-up I bet you can turn it into a DROOL-MAAL. Love the colour of your 540 and I believe a black top with dark tinted transparent sides will make it look killer, Oh and do retain the white/cream rims . Right now I'm imagining my 550 in that colour, and I'm all smiles .
Old 9th March 2011, 23:18   #22
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher,would love to meet up with you. The photos that you see of the red jeep is how it looked after thorough cleaning. When I took delivery,old man wiped and gave it to me,after that there have been atleast 3 high pressure washes and still some muck left up.

@johannes, I saw a lot of jeeps with drab old "Military" finish,green colour,sand coloured etc. So thats when I decided to go in for a bizzare colour just to stand out of the crowd. I guess I have been successful as a lot of folks have commented that apart from colour,the paint turnout is superb. Have 2 choices of black and cream top,can't seem to make up my mind on finalising it.

Thankyou people for dropping a line.

Warm Regards

Last edited by Grace : 9th March 2011 at 23:19. Reason: spelling error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks