Team-BHP > Announcements

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 10:51   #31
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP's 2016 Facelift: A new mobile website

New website is simply gorgeous and very usable. Much improved over the last one. Congratulations GTO and other Team BHP moderators.

I especially liked the super slick navigation and much better content render on the phone. I can say that the new website works flawlessly on my iPhone.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 10:56   #32

Easy to use and performance is good too. Device Android browser Chrome.
Few points:
1. The contextual menu at top left (3 vertical rows) isn't there in every section e.g. When I go into Forums the menu is gone but when I go into reviews it is there but again if I select a thread in reviews area it is gone. Considering the image area on top is consistently of same size we can retain that context menu for quick jumps.
2. When I click Team-Bhp on bread crumbs text I don't land on home page rather in the section I was at.
3. Once inside a thread I don't have ability to jump to a specific page e.g. there are 100 pages in a thread. If we can add a direct go to page <<N>> section it will aid in traversing and will improve experience.
4. How do I login in this !!!

Overall I loved the performance, consistency of design, and simplicity.
Great work and will help me keep away from mobile based shopping apps
Phoneix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 11:19   #33
BHPian

Looks wonderful and a huge improvement from the earlier version to see on the mobile. Congratulations to the team that did this.
roovee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 11:36   #34
BHPian

This is great news. This website has given a new meaning to the way we spend time knowing about cars and people's experiencing them. Thanks Team BHP for all the effort that you have put in. This looks smart.
joelchandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 12:06   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the appreciation! Happy to see that it's gotten the BHPian seal of approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
if I click "classifieds & price check" it goes to the desktop site
New mobile versions for those sections are in the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsaumik View Post
The best part is that there is no nagging advertisement window popping up at the corner like in the regular desktop site. Kudos!
Will be adding an ad banner to the new mobile website too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shree_shell View Post
The deal is, when I go to the home page from any thread (ie. inside -> out) there is a slight flicker of the old magnified desktop site, for less than a quarter of a second. Check the image below.
Many thanks! I will have the developer look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
However, the homepage is not loading on UC Browser as some ad covers it.
Thanks for reporting! I just checked and there is some functionality issue on UC Browser. Will have it sorted.

In the meantime, please access Team-BHP from another browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchitya View Post
Is an overhaul coming to the mobile app as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
It'll also be great to have the mobile app revamped to use this design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
Any plans of updating the app to the material design language for Android? The app is a little bland. Not to mention buggy as it crashes often/fails to load images.
We prefer to channel our resources on the mobile website. I don't expect any further development on the app, at least in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Maybe I should have grabbed a screenshot and posted in the spy-shot section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneix View Post
The contextual menu at top left (3 vertical rows) isn't there in every section e.g. When I go into Forums the menu is gone but when I go into reviews it is there but again if I select a thread in reviews area it is gone. Considering the image area on top is consistently of same size we can retain that context menu for quick jumps.
Thank you! Yes, that menu will be added to the forums as well.

Quote:
When I click Team-Bhp on bread crumbs text I don't land on home page rather in the section I was at.
Will have this sorted.

Quote:
3. Once inside a thread I don't have ability to jump to a specific page e.g. there are 100 pages in a thread. If we can add a direct go to page <<N>> section it will aid in traversing and will improve experience.
The mobile website's focus is simplicity buddy.

Quote:
How do I login in this !!!
On the forums? Look at the bottom and you'll see a login link.

Quote:
Great work and will help me keep away from mobile based shopping apps
Hahaha!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 12:26   #36
BHPian

I must say thank you for the mobile friendly website. I assume most of us, who are not in computer related profession, switch on our laptops only a few times a week. Well, at least, that's the case with me. Most of my web browsing and activities on social media are done over phone. I have spent hours on TeamBHP website on mobile previously and also the TeamBHP app. To be true to my heart, these two (website on mobile previously and the app) were not even 10% as satisfying as TeamBHP desktop website. On several occasions, I switched on my laptop only to log on into TeamBHP. With the new mobile friendly website, things seem to get better and seems I need to charge my HTC more often. Similarly, its good to see TeamBHP getting more active on Twitter recently. Overall, a fantastic way to end 2016!
amitjha086 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 14:54   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Great redesign for the mobile website - congrats. This is a material upgrade to the somewhat bland smartphone site that existed earlier, and the app that is unfortunately becoming out of date.

@GTO, appreciate the fact that it's best to devote limited resources to perfecting one platform. But I do think that apps are still a more convenient means of accessing sites.

A problem I just noticed while typing this post on Chrome for iPhone. The default setting makes one lose part of the quick reply box, and the bottom line is getting hidden by the keypad - may be worth checking if that is a common problem.

The problem exists only on the quick reply mode and not once I go advanced.
Hayek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 14:55   #38
Team-BHP Support

Just got a quick look and feel of the mobile website. It's brilliant. Congrats Rush, Rehaan & team.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 17:01   #39
BHPian

That's a perfect new year gift! Thanks GTO, Rehaan and team.

Accessing T-BHP pages on-the-go has become much easier. Daily office commute will not be so boring from new year.
Nempuguru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 19:33   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent work. A much-needed facelift, if there ever was one. Superb job, Rehaan & team!

I especially love the smooth transition between the tabs on my iPhone 7 Plus. Nice touch.

Are some sections still waiting to be upgraded?

For example, under "Hot Threads/Scoops", I see the Creta spyshots at the 8th position (from top), which were taken almost one and half years ago. Pretty sure we have had plenty of big scoops since then. Do all scoops need to be tagged by specific keywords to feature in this section? Does that apply to other/all sections as well?

Keep up the good work, team. All your efforts are much appreciated.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 22:48   #41
BHPian

GTO and team - The mobile rendering is uber cool. Thanks for dishing out this as it will allow us hard core fanatics to view webpages without having to zoom in and out constantly.

Cheers and wish the team a happy new year
xsrahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 07:56   #42
BHPian

Excellent overhaul of the mobile version! I hope a similar upgrade is done to the app as soon as possible! Kudos to the team who have worked behind this!
Ananthc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 10:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this new website. It's brilliant.

(I've personally not tried it) Can I get a notification from Chrome(like you get for Facebook) when I get a PM? Rehaan said he's working on it the last time I suggested this to him.

A superb gift for the new year. Wishing all BHPians a happy 2017. It should be a good year with more stringent regulations for cars. (Topic for another thread, sorry for going OT)

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 30th December 2016 at 10:49.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 14:48   #44

The new website is pretty cool. Nifty and handy at any time. Two things i noticed. Not sure if it was by design but totally a personal opinion.

1. Whenever browsing through the "Threads" section or while reading any thread, to login, one needs to scroll to the bottom where there is the option to view "Desktop Mode" or to "Login". Similar to the Desktop version, if the login is at the top (around the starting of a thread), we could login straight to our profile and then read through and participate in the discussions.

2. When we click on the Search magnifier on the home screen and then cancel our search by clicking on the cross, the home page reloads. That's what i see from the behavior on Google Chrome. May be we can try using the cache memory to go back to where we were when the search magnifier was clicked and not go to reload the page when cancelling the search.

Again, these two things are totally livable considering how awesome the whole experience is with the new mobile version. Kudos to the team on making the whole experience more smooth and slick.
gopal.nishant89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 15:03   #45
BHPian

Guys,

I am facing a problem on my mobile. Using Chrome browser. As soon as I login (enter my credentials and click on login button) the system gives me a message "Thank you for logging in" but again comes back to the log in page and does not log in. Am I missing something here. Apologies if this is a noob question.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed