Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2012, 11:13   #1
BHPian

Multibrand body workshop - Sundaram Motors (Hoodi, Bangalore)

Note to Mods: They are no longer a dealership of any brand at this place (formerly a Chevrolet body repair shop along with a Mercedes authorized facility). Hence this post.

Sundaram Motors body workshop facility at Hoodi has transformed itself into a Multi brand body workshop after they ended their dealership of Chevrolet.

They also have a Mercedes authorized workshop as another separate facility at the same place and the same equivalent infrastructure is replicated for the general body workshop.

I recently got a minor delivery time damage along with a small bumper scratch (which did not look good along side the GotBHP?) dented and painted at this facility of Sundaram Motors. I'm happy with the techniques used for the work and the "as original" finish obtained with their proper equipment and infrastructure.

Also I felt that they will not cut any corners or compromise on workmanship as they do not seem to be out to make a fast buck. They confirm that they will be able to get and use the original spares only as they are dealers for many brands in other locations without any delay.

This is also spacious with ample working and parking space unlike a friendly neighbourhood garage. Even though it literally was the other end of town for me I would continue to patronize this workshop as I have had a very positive experience with this facility.

BHPians can contact Mr. Baig who is in charge of this facility. PM me for his direct number if required.

Below is their brochure with contact information/directions and a few snaps.

Multibrand body workshop - Sundaram Motors (Hoodi, Bangalore)-hoodi-remake.jpg

Last edited by optimist : 9th April 2012 at 11:20.
optimist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 20:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Multibrand body workshop - Sundaram Motors (Hoodi, Bangalore)

Has anyone used their services? Is it Mr. Baig from Sundaram's Kasturba Road GM workshop? If so, I can vouch for him from my personal interaction with him.

But can someone comment if they have carried out any MAJOR body repairs after they became independent?
Old 1st May 2012, 20:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

With the Sundaram on Kasturba road giving up Chevy dealership/service, it is becoming difficult to service my Forester. New dealership, Kropex which has come up on the Hosur road, could not even locate a part number when I went to order for a part. Hope this workshop has retained some of the folks who had got trained on the Forester. I should visit them very soon and find out.
Old 1st May 2012, 21:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
New dealership, Kropex which has come up on the Hosur road, could not even locate a part number when I went to order for a part.
Did you try Trident Chevrolet? Their setup is pretty decent as I saw.
Old 1st May 2012, 21:22   #5
BHPian

I have had a good experience with TVS multibrand service centre in Trivandrum.
The aircon in my Octavia stopped cooling and the dealer's workshop recommended a new compressor. The TVS people detected a refrigerant leak and refilled the gas and its been OK for about six months now.

ps: please move or delete this reply if it does not belong here
Old 1st May 2012, 21:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Did you try Trident Chevrolet? Their setup is pretty decent as I saw.
I have tried to get an appointment/ enquire about parts few times. Each time they take the phone number saying the SA will get back which never happens. Since it is bit far away from my place, i could not drop in personally.
Old 2nd May 2012, 14:20   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Has anyone used their services? Is it Mr. Baig from Sundaram's Kasturba Road GM workshop? If so, I can vouch for him from my personal interaction with him.

But can someone comment if they have carried out any MAJOR body repairs after they became independent?
Quote:
With the Sundaram on Kasturba road giving up Chevy dealership/service, it is becoming difficult to service my Forester. New dealership, Kropex which has come up on the Hosur road, could not even locate a part number when I went to order for a part. Hope this workshop has retained some of the folks who had got trained on the Forester. I should visit them very soon and find out.
Yes. He is the same person. I am posting his number here with his permission for the benefit of all reading this thread. You may call him on 9880662051.
optimist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 02:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Let me know if you need part numbers for your car. I have access to the EPC.
Cheers
gotzuk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks