Team-BHP - Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Wheel Alignment / Balance : Tyre Empire (HSR Layout, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/129685-wheel-alignment-balance-tyre-empire-hsr-layout-bangalore-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 3347806)
I took the car to them mid week & explained to a new gentleman Mr Y about the left pulling and steering wobble problems that they have bestowed upon my car.

Take it to Madhus as everyone have suggested. Your problem will be solved. My colleague's i20 had serious wobbling issues at speeds above 90 kmph. He showed it to Hyundai guys at Calicut who did nothing but made him to believe that its a normal behavior. I noticed this issue when I once drove his car and suggested him to visit Madhus. The issue was fixed after the road force balancing.

Good service at Tyre Empire yesterday.
I awoke in the morning to find my Yeti had a completely deflated left rear tyre on account of a puncture. The rear right tyre was also looking a little green about the gills, and has been for sometime, with a suspected puncture.
I thought I would trouble myself to change it but didn't. Went to work in an Auto.
Came back midday and went to Tyre Empire, called out one of those boys there with an Air Compressor. Filled up the punctured tyre, drove back there and gave the car a full treatment of puncture repair, tyre balancing, wheel alignment, 4 wheel rotation etc.
It seems that two of my tyres had nasty screws sitting in them which was causing air leakage.
So we completely and solidly repaired both and got all the other normal jobs done too.
Also bought one of those Air Compressors for the car. Nice useful product, available at Rs 2500/- off the shelf.
Total spent on the puncture repair, alignment, balancing and rotation was Rs 1900/-
Money well spent all in all.
The car has also just been serviced a week ago so now, with the tyres attended to, it feels lovely to drive indeed.
It is a pleasure to have a good quality tyre service company sitting about practically on one's doorstep. Prevents the pain of driving through evil traffic to get to Madhu's etc.

Had a not-so-good experience yday with them.
Took wife's New Honda City there for alignment and wheel balancing. Reached there at around 10:45 am. There were a couple of cars being attended to, and 2 cars waiting outside. The SA asked me to wait for approx. 45 mins.. After a few minutes of wait, he prepared the job card with a time stamp of 11:10.
Again after about 25 minutes, as I was reading news on my phone, I started seeing new cars getting attended to, and asked one of the persons in uniform about the work that needed to be done on mine. He just wouldn't listen, and then I checked the time stamp on the other cars, all of them had time stamps later than the one on mine.

I lost it, ran upstairs and asked them what the heck was going on. Was about to ride off, when the head of the station came down with me, talked to them and that got them to start work on mine.

Also, this time, they were in a hurry to finish it off, no proper tyre rotation was done, saying that there was only 20% left (I had done the same in my accent 2 years ago).

The only saving grace was that the manager was kind enough to listen and made some effort to do damage control. After the alignment as well, I notice that the steering was not aligned properly. I am not sure if I would visit them again.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.
This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies a
like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep (Post 3610482)
I am not sure if I would visit them again.

The place is quite crowded during weekends and holidays. There is a new shop called "Tyre Kingdom" that has opened up in HSR 7th sector. One of my office colleagues had recommended this place to me. I am planning to visit them next time.

-- Wind

I had been there recently. 1st for a puncture fix. there were 2 options permanent and temporary. Opted for temp as my tyre almost reach end of life. Cost was 190 which i feel as a bit higher. I got it done for 100 from a petrol bunk in old airport road. second i went there for an alignment. Guys were professional to show me that the tyres need replacement. There was a bulge and alignment balancing will not solve the issue. Inquired yokohama Earth ones 195 section tyre price. Per tyre cost was 5900. Is this one a higher side??

Very impressed with the service here. I had taken my Kodiaq for Balance, Alignment & Rotation. The place seems very professionally run. This has been the only time that I have seen a tyre service center wash my wheels and then do the balancing.

Very satisfied with the service.

I would recommend this place to anyone in the vicinity of HSR/Bellandur/Sarjapur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indusboy (Post 4639176)
Very impressed with the service here. I had taken my Kodiaq for Balance, Alignment & Rotation. The place seems very professionally run. This has been the only time that I have seen a tyre service center wash my wheels and then do the balancing.

Very satisfied with the service.

I would recommend this place to anyone in the vicinity of HSR/Bellandur/Sarjapur.

When some experience is overtly good i am always a bit skeptical, since there is no such thing as free lunch. Even i had gone to same but in jail road ( since my tyre were not too clean i didnt bother)

Did they also wash the new tyres? ( kindly check if it hardens or not after couple thousand km)

If not enjoy your experience and forget my comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SideView (Post 4871681)
When some experience is overtly good i am always a bit skeptical,

If not enjoy your experience and forget my comment.

I presume, he meant the tyres were dunked in water to check for puncture.
That said these guys do put a bit of effort in cleaning the tyres (removing stones embedded in groves), etc.

They also make it a point to walk you through the process as they are doing the balancing.

No free lunches here, wheel alignment and balancing costs me about 1.5K for my SX4, so this is not cheap (my thoughts).

Every service is rated by the customer at the time of the final billing on the first floor where the guy who worked on your car is not present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakirank (Post 4872550)
I presume, he meant the tyres were dunked in water to check for puncture.
That said these guys do put a bit of effort in cleaning the tyres (removing stones embedded in groves), etc.

They also make it a point to walk you through the process as they are doing the balancing.

No free lunches here, wheel alignment and balancing costs me about 1.5K for my SX4, so this is not cheap (my thoughts).

Every service is rated by the customer at the time of the final billing on the first floor where the guy who worked on your car is not present.

They dunked my tyres too but i did not ask them to check for any puncture or anything, this was after the balancing.

Regarding the cost I too felt it was on the higher side.

I had visited Tyre Empire HSR layout sector 1 today noon for getting the Wheel Balancing and Alignment done for a Skoda Laura 2.0tdi L&K fitted with Accelera Forceum Rubbers and stock alloys.

Facilities Available:
They hava a complete tyre care facility available. All the prominent brands tyres are available. If not in stock will be brought on demand, Hunter Hawk Wheel alignment and Hunter Road Force Wheel Balancing, Wheel Fitment, puncture repairs, alloy wheels, wiper blades, engine lubricants, etc.

Pros:
1.Very swift and professional approach to the customer.
2.Delivered the vehicle before the promised time.
3.Quite accomodating to request made by the customer
4.Decent parking space available if you need to wait.
5. Professional workmanship.
6. State of art modernized equipment.
7. Well trained staff.

What I don't like:
1.The alignment staff didn't perform a test drive post the procedure to check for any faults in the wheels and tyres.
2. Place could have been better organized and more transparent in view to the customer.
3. Minor faults with the alignment rig due to worn out plates.

Speciality:
Latest equipment in tyre care with trained technicians.

Contact Information
Tyre Empire
No. 11, 27th Main, HSR Layout,
Sector - 1, Opp Meenakshi Classic Apartment,
Bangalore - 560034
Tel: 080-22581918

Rating: **** / 5

Usually this place has got a high regard for their quality of service including myself who has visited there multiple times before Covid times.

Just couple of day back, got the tyre rotation, alignment, balancing done from there but looks like they did not do a good job. I didn't notice anything while taking the delivery but the next day is when I hit the highway and observed the vehicle pulls to one side when the steering wheel is kept straight. And if the vehicle has to go straight, then the steering while go 3-4 deg to the left. It was all ok earlier.

Quite a lot of hassle and pain in re-visiting another work shop out of town. They looked up it and said there is quite a lot of error in the alignment and they fixed it. Now it is normal.

May be a one off case, but high time they review their work. They were also insisting that I do the tyre rotation/alignment every 5000 kms which I wondered why. Also insisting to put a google review. All sounds too cheap.

Last week, I noticed low air pressure on one of my tyres, and went to Tyre-Empire as it quite conveniently located on the way to wherever I was headed. They found a puncture, and suggested that I go for a mushroom-type fix, to which I agreed. Then, I thought since the tyre is unmounted for applying mushroom puncture, wouldn't it need rebalancing? And, they said yes.

I had to get somewhere, and was getting late, but the balancing machine was free, so asked them to go ahead. Once it was done, asked them for the bill-amount, paid six-hundred odd rupees and promptly left.

Today, I was stuck in a jam with nothing to do, and saw the invoice envelope lying in the car. So, got curious (see attached):

I understand items 1, 4 and 6. What about the other charges? Is this the norm? I know I should have asked them before paying, but I was getting really late, so couldn't do it.

If one wheel balancing costs 250, what does a full balancing job cost these days - 1000??

What about wheel alignment? While the tech was working on wheel-balancing, I asked about it and heard 450, but then they said something like another 500 if I want alignment accurate to decimal degrees. Didn't have the time to understand it better, but does anyone know what this accurate alignment is?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 5297359)
I understand items 1, 4 and 6. What about the other charges? Is this the norm? I know I should have asked them before paying, but I was getting really late, so couldn't do it.

These guys use some advanced machinery for their balancing. And they also have normal and special packages for alignment. Some of these jargons (some smart alignment and digital centering is what I can remember) are related to that. Road force is the road-roller kind of machinery which is supposed to apply actual force on the wheel to determine where the weights should be applied.

How beneficial is it, I can't say. The service centres and even smaller tire shops have done very good alignment/balancing job on my car in the past and that too, at a fraction of their cost.

Quote:

If one wheel balancing costs 250, what does a full balancing job cost these days - 1000??
I paid almost 2.5k+ (need to look for the bill) for alignment and balancing when I installed a set of new tyres from them last month.

While I feel it is definitely overpriced, in the end the car runs well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 5218806)
Just couple of day back, got the tyre rotation, alignment, balancing done from there but looks like they did not do a good job. I didn't notice anything while taking the delivery but the next day is when I hit the highway and observed the vehicle pulls to one side when the steering wheel is kept straight. And if the vehicle has to go straight, then the steering while go 3-4 deg to the left. It was all ok earlier.

Maybe you didn't opt for their digital centering package.lol:

On a serious note, did you try raising a complaint with them and getting it rectified? Given the premium prices they charge, they should fix it for you, to your satisfaction.

Quote:

May be a one off case, but high time they review their work. They were also insisting that I do the tyre rotation/alignment every 5000 kms which I wondered why. Also insisting to put a google review. All sounds too cheap.
Yes, I noticed they kept repeating this to every customer - 5k is the red line to visit their shop again. Ensuring repeat customers which I did see to be the case. Several cars lining up religiously to get the alignment done and mentioning that its 5-6k kms since their last visit!

On another note, I was taught that I should buy a set of Rogerab suspension buffers from them for my 2 year old car. As per their guy Seltos (which already has a stiff suspension) develops suspension issues after 50k kms and costs 40k to replace while this suspension buffer would extend the life to 80k kms. I smiled and move on.:D

I went to get the wheels for my Jazz balanced & aligned at Tyre Empire, HSR Layout

They wanted₹ 2,500 for that!!!:Frustrati

Were not able to explain why it has jumped from the usual 1,500. Does anyone know?

Any recommendations for a garage doing 4 wheel balancing, rotation & alignment in HSR / Koramangala?

You're lucky you at least they offered to do the job. I took my two wheeler as the front tire pressure was really low and the two fuel stations nearby didn't have a functioning tire inflator, so I took the risk and hobbled down the road at Tyre Empire and asked the chap to fill in air and guess what he says?

"Hum bike ka kaam nahin karte"

I'm like. Dude, are you serious? It's just filling in air and that too I was running a risk of damaging the tire due to low pressure!

He simply turned around and walked away, few car owners overheard this and shared a laugh and I just left. That's not good attitude for any business.

You can try MRF Grand Tyres https://goo.gl/maps/FAVKuxBZS3fRsnhR7

They do a good job. My office is in HSR 4th sector and after a few repeat bad experiences with other shops in 3rd sector and 1st sector, I stumbled upon MRF Grand Tyres. I'm happy with their service. Although there's space constraint, I've been happy. clap: