Team-BHP - Drivers on Hire: Total Drive (Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Drivers on Hire: Total Drive (Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/139683-drivers-hire-total-drive-bangalore.html)

"Total Drive" - is an agency that provides drivers for hire in Bangalore.

We have been using them for the last two years (my better half does not drive); and never had any issues / complaints.

Pros:
Cons

Contact Details:

Rates:
Local trips in Bangalore: Rs 230 for 4 hours (recently increased :mad:)
Add hour: Rs 50

After 9.30: Rs 50 extra
After 11.30: Rs 100 extra

Airport Drop: Rs 250 ..

Note: they have a very basic website; that is not updated....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajith-s (Post 3194433)
"Total Drive" - is an agency that provides drivers for hire in Bangalore.

We have been using them for the last two years (my better half does not drive); and never had any issues / complaints.

This is a very useful info to have. One quick question is what is the general lead time for booking a driver for hire. (especially minimum time)

The other reliable chauffeur service is ezidrive where many have had a good experience including a good frind of mine.
However these days they seemed to be fully booked and refuse bookings due to unavailability as happened to my uncle recently on couple of occassions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by girishglg (Post 3194673)
This is a very useful info to have. One quick question is what is the general lead time for booking a driver for hire. (especially minimum time)

We usually book in advance (3 to 4 hours before we need the driver, or even the previous day).

A couple of times on an emergency we have even got within 1 hour.

Let me check with a few other folks who have used them on a more "urgent" basis....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajith-s (Post 3194694)
We usually book in advance (3 to 4 hours before we need the driver, or even the previous day).

A couple of times on an emergency we have even got within 1 hour.

Let me check with a few other folks who have used them on a more "urgent" basis....

Checked with some of the users. People have got them to respond and send a driver in as short a time-frame as 20 minutes. However, I would still suggest giving them at least a 2 hour notice.

Another caveat: We stay near Bellandur; and Total drive is based out of HSR layout, and hence "near" us.

This is a big business now and one of the key reasons why dedicated driver salaries have shot up because working under this "call driver" service ( as its called in Chennai ) is more lucrative for them and they get flexibility to have other part time professions also. The rates are similar in Chennai as well. We have been using such services for the past year or so.

The only draw back is that different people will have different driving styles and this will definetly impact the car condition in the long term

I have on occassion used HomeSafe in Delhi. Especially on social dos - where the inevitable 1 drink turns to 4.
Here's what I do, I drive myself to the destination, and let HomeSafe know a pickup time. They are quick, courteous and never failed to show up. The charges are high @ Rs 650 for 2 hours at Night, but that's an infinitely better choice than DUI.

I have never had reason to worry about improper handling of my car. They do not overspeed, or otherwise manhandle the controls in any way.

Hi All,

I am planning to hire the services of TotalDrive.in. We want them to drop my wife to her office, leave the car there and come back in the evening, and drive my wife back home. Is this a service they offer, or is it that they bring the car back home after the office drop and then take it again to the office in the evening, for the pick up?

I am concerned about this as I dont want to clock unnecessary miles (and spend on fuel) in this exercise.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsathyap (Post 3360629)
Hi All,

I am planning to hire the services of TotalDrive.in. We want them to drop my wife to her office, leave the car there and come back in the evening, and drive my wife back home. Is this a service they offer, or is it that they bring the car back home after the office drop and then take it again to the office in the evening, for the pick up?

I am concerned about this as I dont want to clock unnecessary miles (and spend on fuel) in this exercise.

Thanks!

Hi Sathya

To my knowledge they do not offer this as a "standard service". Now, I have never asked them this recently. Last time had checked for a relative about 18 months back, and the answer was that they dont offer this as "package". However, they were ready to organize drivers at scheduled times, provided we were ok with not having the same drivers, and if we were not expecting any "discounts" for the ongoing business.

Also from an investment POV - I am not sure if this will be much different from having your own driver.

Hi all,
Does any company provide drivers for out-station trips? I am looking to take my car to a different town from Bangalore and I just need it dropped there. Meaning, I will have to get him a bus/train ticket back to Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aneezan (Post 3461561)
Hi all,
Does any company provide drivers for out-station trips? I am looking to take my car to a different town from Bangalore and I just need it dropped there. Meaning, I will have to get him a bus/train ticket back to Bangalore.

Check with Ezidrive or better still ask around your neighborhood itself for a driver known for his honesty, driving skills etc and give him the job plus his return ticket. That is what we did for my relative's Nano.

Just realized reached 1000 posts :-)

Folks

For ladies who do not know car driving but need to go out say to drop the kids at school or go out for shopping when the men folks are not there (as in my case), i would suggest contact TOTAL DRIVE.
My first son practices roller skating at NGV koramangala. So to commute from bommanahalli to NGV, I rely on the drivers sent by TOTAL DRIVE. From the past 3 months or so, i have observed that the drivers are courteous, they drive the car gently.
TOTAL DRIVE charges Rs 250 for 4 hrs minimum irrespective of the distance. Cancellation can be done 1 hr prior to the scheduled arrival time of the driver.

If anyone is in a similar situation as that of mine, you can rely on TOTAL DRIVE.

Has anyone used their service recently? The website doesn't seem to open up and I am looking for a temporary driver for a airport round trip. Any other reliable options that anyone can suggest is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dass (Post 4064319)
Any other reliable options that anyone can suggest is much appreciated. Thanks!!

I have been using EZDrive for over a year now, for my son's school pickup and drop (much cheaper than driver on my payrolls). Except an odd hiccup, i find them very reliable. I currently pay Rs.300 for 4 hours, and then Rs.20 in increments of 15 mins.