Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 19:57   #1
BHPian

Drivers on Hire: Total Drive (Bangalore)

"Total Drive" - is an agency that provides drivers for hire in Bangalore.

We have been using them for the last two years (my better half does not drive); and never had any issues / complaints.

Pros:
  • Very good drivers, courteous, clean, well mannered
  • Drivers do not drive fast. There are times we had to tell them that you can go a bit faster. They err on the side of caution.
  • Drivers do not "disappear" after the drop you and wait for your call.
  • They are always prompt. We have not had delays of 5+ minutes except once (10 mins delay). )Note: They are based in HSR I think, and we stay in Bellandur)
  • Drivers are available at later hours.
  • In more than one instance we have used them to drop of people at Airport, relatives houses and return the car, without any of us accompanying. Had no bad experiences

Cons
  • None major (for us)
  • Rates have increased recently
  • Some times the "call center" / person taking the call does not sound very "professional".. may be I am biased.

Contact Details:

Rates:
Local trips in Bangalore: Rs 230 for 4 hours (recently increased )
Add hour: Rs 50

After 9.30: Rs 50 extra
After 11.30: Rs 100 extra

Airport Drop: Rs 250 ..

Note: they have a very basic website; that is not updated....

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st August 2013 at 18:29. Reason: No need to include a note to the mods at the start of the thread.
Ajith-s is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 00:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Drivers for Hire : "Total Drive" (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
"Total Drive" - is an agency that provides drivers for hire in Bangalore.

We have been using them for the last two years (my better half does not drive); and never had any issues / complaints.

This is a very useful info to have. One quick question is what is the general lead time for booking a driver for hire. (especially minimum time)

The other reliable chauffeur service is ezidrive where many have had a good experience including a good frind of mine.
However these days they seemed to be fully booked and refuse bookings due to unavailability as happened to my uncle recently on couple of occassions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 01:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
This is a very useful info to have. One quick question is what is the general lead time for booking a driver for hire. (especially minimum time)
We usually book in advance (3 to 4 hours before we need the driver, or even the previous day).

A couple of times on an emergency we have even got within 1 hour.

Let me check with a few other folks who have used them on a more "urgent" basis....

Last edited by khan_sultan : 31st July 2013 at 07:32. Reason: fixed quotes
Ajith-s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 23:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
We usually book in advance (3 to 4 hours before we need the driver, or even the previous day).

A couple of times on an emergency we have even got within 1 hour.

Let me check with a few other folks who have used them on a more "urgent" basis....
Checked with some of the users. People have got them to respond and send a driver in as short a time-frame as 20 minutes. However, I would still suggest giving them at least a 2 hour notice.

Another caveat: We stay near Bellandur; and Total drive is based out of HSR layout, and hence "near" us.
Old 1st August 2013, 18:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

re: Drivers on Hire: Total Drive (Bangalore)

This is a big business now and one of the key reasons why dedicated driver salaries have shot up because working under this "call driver" service ( as its called in Chennai ) is more lucrative for them and they get flexibility to have other part time professions also. The rates are similar in Chennai as well. We have been using such services for the past year or so.

The only draw back is that different people will have different driving styles and this will definetly impact the car condition in the long term
Old 1st August 2013, 22:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

re: Drivers on Hire: Total Drive (Bangalore)

I have on occassion used HomeSafe in Delhi. Especially on social dos - where the inevitable 1 drink turns to 4.
Here's what I do, I drive myself to the destination, and let HomeSafe know a pickup time. They are quick, courteous and never failed to show up. The charges are high @ Rs 650 for 2 hours at Night, but that's an infinitely better choice than DUI.

I have never had reason to worry about improper handling of my car. They do not overspeed, or otherwise manhandle the controls in any way.

Last edited by joybhowmik : 1st August 2013 at 22:56. Reason: Provided link.
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Re: Drivers on Hire: Total Drive (Bangalore)

Hi All,

I am planning to hire the services of TotalDrive.in. We want them to drop my wife to her office, leave the car there and come back in the evening, and drive my wife back home. Is this a service they offer, or is it that they bring the car back home after the office drop and then take it again to the office in the evening, for the pick up?

I am concerned about this as I dont want to clock unnecessary miles (and spend on fuel) in this exercise.

Thanks!
Old 10th February 2014, 07:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to hire the services of TotalDrive.in. We want them to drop my wife to her office, leave the car there and come back in the evening, and drive my wife back home. Is this a service they offer, or is it that they bring the car back home after the office drop and then take it again to the office in the evening, for the pick up?

I am concerned about this as I dont want to clock unnecessary miles (and spend on fuel) in this exercise.

Thanks!
Hi Sathya

To my knowledge they do not offer this as a "standard service". Now, I have never asked them this recently. Last time had checked for a relative about 18 months back, and the answer was that they dont offer this as "package". However, they were ready to organize drivers at scheduled times, provided we were ok with not having the same drivers, and if we were not expecting any "discounts" for the ongoing business.

Also from an investment POV - I am not sure if this will be much different from having your own driver.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:51   #9
BHPian

Hi all,
Does any company provide drivers for out-station trips? I am looking to take my car to a different town from Bangalore and I just need it dropped there. Meaning, I will have to get him a bus/train ticket back to Bangalore.
Old 24th June 2014, 06:52   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Hi all,
Does any company provide drivers for out-station trips? I am looking to take my car to a different town from Bangalore and I just need it dropped there. Meaning, I will have to get him a bus/train ticket back to Bangalore.
Check with Ezidrive or better still ask around your neighborhood itself for a driver known for his honesty, driving skills etc and give him the job plus his return ticket. That is what we did for my relative's Nano.

Just realized reached 1000 posts :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th June 2014 at 06:54. Reason: 1000th post :-)
Old 15th October 2014, 09:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Folks

For ladies who do not know car driving but need to go out say to drop the kids at school or go out for shopping when the men folks are not there (as in my case), i would suggest contact TOTAL DRIVE.
My first son practices roller skating at NGV koramangala. So to commute from bommanahalli to NGV, I rely on the drivers sent by TOTAL DRIVE. From the past 3 months or so, i have observed that the drivers are courteous, they drive the car gently.
TOTAL DRIVE charges Rs 250 for 4 hrs minimum irrespective of the distance. Cancellation can be done 1 hr prior to the scheduled arrival time of the driver.

If anyone is in a similar situation as that of mine, you can rely on TOTAL DRIVE.
Old 26th September 2016, 16:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used their service recently? The website doesn't seem to open up and I am looking for a temporary driver for a airport round trip. Any other reliable options that anyone can suggest is much appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 26th September 2016, 16:33   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Any other reliable options that anyone can suggest is much appreciated. Thanks!!
I have been using EZDrive for over a year now, for my son's school pickup and drop (much cheaper than driver on my payrolls). Except an odd hiccup, i find them very reliable. I currently pay Rs.300 for 4 hours, and then Rs.20 in increments of 15 mins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks