Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 12:57   #1
BHPian

Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)

I saw many threads started for automated car washes in Bangalore. Since I am not promoting this place but only sharing the information for other members' benefit, I am sharing the details on this old but general thread.

Splash N Shine is a newly opened Automated Car Was facility opened in Yelahanka. See the Red dot in map below.

Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)-loc.jpg

The place is run by a guy named Balu and has a team of 3 members.
I took the basic package which includes interior vacuuming, exterior wash (including Engine bay, under body) and wiping.

Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)-picsart_1419995209951.jpg

Overall facility is a shed. Vacuuming and placing on the bay.
Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)-picsart_1419995737283.jpg

Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)-picsart_1419995394707.jpg

Engine bay, exterior pressure wash to get rid of mud. The guy did his job thoroughly. This was followed by automated underbody wash.

Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)-picsart_1419995502419.jpg

Here the machine at work gives a rinse, applies shampoo and cleans.

Next comes the dryer and blows away all water particles to almost 90% dryness.
This is followed by an optional Mopping with microfibre cloth.

Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)-picsart_1419995831485.jpg

They even have a customer area on a mezannine floow from where you can see the entire process

Splash N Shine.pdf
This is the leaflet.

Charges are as below.

Basic package (covering above mentioned jobs)
Hatchback - Rs.500
Sedan - Rs.600
Others - Rs.700

Basic Plus
Sedan - Rs.1000 (includes interior shampooing)

In case you do not want the mopping, you can get just vacuum and machine wash for Rs. 450

The guy did mention that he was getting through into Team-BHP but no success so far.
I mentioned that I'd put my review based on my experience. He was more than glad.

Overall I am quite happy with the job done. Time taken was about 40 minutes ince started. They seem to be quite good in their work. But it is by no means close to detailing. I can rate them a 5/5 and hope it is not something that will fade with time.

Phone: 98805.00020 / 98805.00030
Address: #58, Next to Cafe Coffee Day,
International Airport Road, Before Kogilu Cross,
KHB Colony, Nehru Nagar,
Bangalore - 560064

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2015 at 14:28. Reason: Adding phone numbers :)
karpusv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 14:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)

The basic package pricing is very attractive ( could be launch related ). In Chennai an average water wash service station charges around 400-500 for the regular wash + underbody + engine bay. If asked for they will blow air into your carpet to remove dust ( most if which will hardly leave the car but get settled down in the seats )
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:43   #3
BHPian

Re: Automated Car Wash - Splash & Shine (Yelahanka, Bangalore)

Visited Splash N Shine last weekend.

I used to pay Rs. 375/- for a local car wash and Rs.500/- quoted by Splash N Shine was not a big difference for a basic wash and tried it out.

The guys are courteous and Professional as well. I could find the difference in the Quality of work and definitely Rs 125/- extra was worth.

It was a good experience overall and will recommend to try it out.

Above that my kid was thrilled as he was sitting inside the car during the automated car wash. They have won one customer for sure (provided the prices remain competent).
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
In Chennai an average water wash service station charges around 400-500 for the regular wash + underbody + engine bay. If asked for they will blow air into your carpet to remove dust ( most if which will hardly leave the car but get settled down in the seats )
I have not washed my car outside of MSM, and they charge Rs 350.00 for Alto, slightly more for sedans. The wash is pretty thorough. An under body and overhead horizontal bars fitted with pressure nozzles make three or four passes underneath/above the car both before and after shampoo, while there are vertical side bars with nozzles that make similar number of passes from front to back, covering the front,sides,and back. The wash is pretty thorough, and so is the cleaning inside the bonnet and vaccuming (not blowing) inside the car. They finish with a touch of bumper and tyre polish.

When I say thorough, I mean I get 95% satisfaction. There is always room for improvement!

If there is a drive through water wash anywhere in Chennai, I would like to try that.

Last edited by Gansan : 3rd February 2015 at 16:17.
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

If there is a drive through water wash anywhere in Chennai, I would like to try that.
I think the only one is the MRF Tyredrome at Radhakrishnan Salai near Music Academy
Old 4th February 2015, 12:21   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ One feedback which I have received from those who have used Automated car wash is that it is not effective in cleaning grease / oil residues especially towards running- board area (due to the angle).

From the pics I guess this car wash is doing a manual pressure wash too along wheel arch, hope they take care of the other limitation then.

Most Viewed