Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 18:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Multi-brand Bosch Service Center - Om Sai Motors (Bangalore)

I happened to visit OM SAI Motors today. I wanted to get an Oil Change and Brake pad cleaning for my Civvy.

In under two hours did the work, and also checked the under body hits after my recent 4K round in MSH4. Suspension bushes seems to have worn away and the service advisor was very clearly showing me what is good, what is bad.

What I liked
1. Guys know the job
2. Many bays available with lifts
3. Hunter Alignment machine
4. Service advisor attitude to replace only parts that really needs a change

Labour rates are a little high compared to other Multi brand centers.

Will update after my experience with Suspension episode.

Address:
OM Sai Motors
29/2 Nakundi, Dodanekundi Post
Behind Arena mall
Outer Ring Road
Bangalore 560037
Phone: 080-49159249

Last edited by GTO : 5th January 2015 at 14:54. Reason: Adding phone number :)
laluks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 19:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Multi-brand Bosch Service Center - Om Sai Motors (Bangalore)

I visited them again today. Checked the suspension components. Most of the bushes had gone bad and needs to be replaced.

They source components of Honda from Honda A.S.C, in my case from Whitefield Honda. The component rates are hence as per Honda pricing. No major benefits, hope they don't buffer it for the sourcing. For certain cases since they don't intend to source the bushes alone, hence have to go with full parts replace - though I am deeply dissatisfied in this aspect.

I have given a go ahead for the work, even though there is absolutely no price advantage. Tomorrow will visit them again to see the full components dismantled.

It's a gamble now.

Last edited by laluks : 10th January 2015 at 19:19.
Old 10th January 2015, 21:33   #3
BHPian

If all you wanted was to change bushings (that too on an old car) you should have just gone to a much cheaper garage. There is no hi-tech engineering involved, just hard labor, some shops have machine presses though. You could have also sourced the bushing set online (internationally) which are widely available through Honda aftermarket scene- though it could have been a little complicated process.

Its a different story if the ball joints are bad.

I have a feeling you are going to expect the unexpected here when it comes to final bill with these guys.

Last edited by aerohit : 10th January 2015 at 21:37.
Old 21st February 2015, 21:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Finally got some time to pen down the experience.

Experience
Initially gave me a hand written estimate of over a lakh

Component costs were higher than even Honda ASS. On asking why it is so, and do they have a sourcing charge for Honda components, the front office lady "Madam" suggests I'll give you back the car, and asks for 5K . Finally I spoke to the "Sir" and sorted out the issues! He agreed to source aftermarket quality components and bring down the costs by 30 t0 40%.

At this point I was in double minds, but then since I had some hectic days ahead at office I decided to let him source and do the needful. One week went by, I kept visiting them on my way back from office only to be told they are all waiting for components.

I expressed my dissatisfaction to them, but they kept on giving excuses in sourcing components.

Finally one fine day after a long wait the work was done. I had disapproved to get new shocks since they were insanely priced. At the end the components changed were

1. Gearbox Mount
2. Engine Mount
3. Lower arms - Front Right and Left
4. Ball Joint - Front Right and Left
5. Steering Ball Joint - Front Left and right
6. Tie rod ends - Front Left and Right
7. Link Rods - Front Left and Right
8. Link Rods - Rear Right and Left

From the after market components that was sourced, I am impressed with the lower arm from TRW. The other components were all similar to what we could source from JC road, and I was ok to pay a premium since I did not have to roam around during my hectic days in search of components.

I took a test drive and was not quite satisfied. I told the SA about a noise, and promptly he passes the verdict to the shocks, since I did not allow them to change that.

Otherwise things were looking ok, and I asked for the bill.

I was presented a bill for 52K. On checking through the prices, I realized that he had taken a cut of atleast 10K+ in the components. Plus the labour rates for changing the mounts was even higher than HASS. Taxes came to another 7K.

So all in all I was conned of at least 20K by the FNG and taxes together.

But then I believed if any issues cropped up, since I had paid the premium they would help me. Also I did not want an episode with "Madam"

Now the sound aggravated. On slow release of the car, there is a predominant "tak" sound from the front left. I took the car back to them. They drove around to check the sound, the sound was reproducible, and they acknowledged it.

I was asked to leave the car, and the suggested solution was to replace all the shockers. How convenient!!!

GREED, GREED was written large in all the interactions I had so far. If it wasn't for this greed, the place could have been frequented by me. The holier than thou attitude of the owner also does not help.

For this exact reason - I cannot recommend this place for my fellow enthusiasts looking for a dependable and economical garage.

And there is nothing "BOSCH" about this service center!

Lessons Learned the hard way, Let us move ahead in life. And as for my poor civvy the search of source of that irritating "tak" sound is in progress.
laluks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 00:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Laluks, I am sorry to read regarding your sorry experience. I would urge you to take it up with the managers at Bosch's division that looks after this vertical. Your words will definitely fall on more receptive ears given the attitude of companies towards an average joe. Hope you will be able to set in motion an exercise that will ensure that everything is BOSCH about this service centre as well as scores of others spread all over the length and breadth of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
And there is nothing "BOSCH" about this service center!
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 12:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Bosch is already neck deep in this shit of appointing BCS or Bosch car service networks. Last year they have closed down about 60 franchisees due to dubious practices. The initial hype of BCS was to gain ground as fast as possible and this has done them in badly. People with filthy infrastructure, shady garages got onto the bandwagon as it got them mileage. By the time, real service from these FNG started backfiring, Bosch had itself got into the hands of these people.
As per the news last received, a COCO sort of service network is on the cards. This would be in Jaipur, Chennai and Bangalore and would open up in other cities later based on the feedback and ground realities.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 13:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

To add to the list, while sorting out a few things, I realized that Civvy's Front right wheel had one nut missing . On immediately checking the other nuts, the others were thankfully tightened!!

If this was a mistake from this fellow, which I believe since Civvy did not go anywhere else after this episode, then attention to details too is missing here.

Anyways got a wheel nut from HASS for Rs260.
Old 25th February 2015, 18:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

One more feather in their cap

The Gear Box Mount they had replaced was the culprit in the tak tak sound. I have to now get this mount changed, and will do it asap. The mount seems to be of real bad quality and they had passed it on to me as HONDA

Coming to think of it they wanted me to shell out another 25K for the shockers and labour and then still cut a sorry figure for the source of this sound.

All it took was Rs 350/- and two hours of road trial to identify the exact issue!! Thank Goodness I decided against giving them a second chance.

Can't believe what all people do to satisfy getting quick bucks. Had they took it in their stride and identified the source of the sound along with me investing how much ever time it was required, I would still have written off the experience, and given them the job. But they are trying their con job all the time and the same way.

AVOID THIS PLACE.
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 18:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more feather in their cap

The Gear Box Mount they had replaced was the culprit in the tak tak sound. I have to now get this mount changed, and will do it asap. The mount seems to be of real bad quality and they had passed it on to me as HONDA

Coming to think of it they wanted me to shell out another 25K for the shockers and labour and then still cut a sorry figure for the source of this sound.

All it took was Rs 350/- and two hours of road trial to identify the exact issue!! Thank Goodness I decided against giving them a second chance.

Can't believe what all people do to satisfy getting quick bucks. Had they took it in their stride and identified the source of the sound along with me investing how much ever time it was required, I would still have written off the experience, and given them the job. But they are trying their con job all the time and the same way.

AVOID THIS PLACE.
Thanks laluks!
Who diagnosed this issue and where did you finally fix this?
Old 25th February 2015, 19:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thanks laluks!
Who diagnosed this issue and where did you finally fix this?
Mount is yet to be changed.

Next to my place is Sejal Motors. But he unfortunately has very few networks when it comes to Honda to source components. Hence today I took two stabilizer bar bushes from Dakshin Honda and went to his place, since I thought the bar was moving around and making that noise. Trial and error re torqued all suspension components and did road trial. Finally I kind of had a strange feeling towards the mount, as the sound had nothing to do with movement of the car in running state, only dead stop and start.

I asked them to remove the air filter, battery and see the mount - and LO everything unfolds in front of you

Last edited by laluks : 25th February 2015 at 19:27.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 14:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

For the last few weeks I was not very happy with the right side suspension. Noise started cropping up as if the suspension components gave away too soon.

It was traced back to a nut which was not torqued properly in the strut mount. I have not given the go ahead for a strut replacement here and I believe this is their way of getting me back with suspension issues to force me to spent .

Anyway the issue is sorted out, thanks to competent FNGs around, who wants customers to come back and not to fleece them at the first opportunity.

I am wondering why I am not pressing charges against these guys for unethical business practices with all the evidences collected till now!!
Old 4th April 2015, 21:46   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

That's highly unethical. Why don't you register a complaint to Bosch regional manager? There is nothing much you could expect for your case except for an apologize or a free check-up as a good will gesture (speaking from my past experience) but it should give some improvement at least in future.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Engine bedding (mount below the engine) is weak since few months. Just last week confirmed it on a raised lift! Considering that original lasted 125K kms and so many years, this is really bad. Approx 1 year and less than 10K kms.

So much for the component quality. Lessons learnt
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Can't believe what all people do to satisfy getting quick bucks.

AVOID THIS PLACE.
Near to OM SAI is another garage - sejal Motors. Suresh is the owner of that garage and I have had good experience with him. He diagnosed few niggling issues which the MASS couldn't identify in my Alto.

Cost wise also quite cheap. Servicing of alto costed me about 2.5k, while a comparable service in RNS would have costed me at least 5-6 k.

The only negative I observed is the place is too small, and i was not too sure whether all the mechanics are competent enough.
Old 23rd June 2016, 20:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Near to OM SAI is another garage - sejal Motors. Suresh is the owner of that garage and I have had good experience with him. He diagnosed few niggling issues which the MASS couldn't identify in my Alto.

Cost wise also quite cheap. Servicing of alto costed me about 2.5k, while a comparable service in RNS would have costed me at least 5-6 k.

The only negative I observed is the place is too small, and i was not too sure whether all the mechanics are competent enough.
Service costs and labor costs here are comparable to MASS. I also go there to do some work.
Ethics are better than OM SAI.

Most Viewed