Team-BHP - Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/190385-car-wash-detailing-studio-feynlab-hsr-layout-bangalore.html)

This is a new car wash and detailing studio set up by Mr.Krishna Kumar located in HSR layout.

Mr Krishna claims that Feynlab used to manufacture coatings and sealants earlier and were an OE supplier to many European brands. Now, they are getting into the retail business and opening detailing studios.

Address: #2322, 17th Cross, 27th Main Rd, Sector 2, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102

Contact Person: Mr Krishna Kumar

Phone number: 094492 11235

The place itself is very spacious and they have full fledged water wash. Mr Krishna says that they have a full fledged water treatment plant, so there's no risk of being forced to shift to water-less wash like most 3M Car Care Centres.

Services offered

My experience:

I only went for a wash. For Detailing, I usually prefer my friend Sunny or Keystone Enterprises who have a large body of work to speak for themselves!

So, even though I really liked Feynlab, I doubt I will be going there for detailing work any time soon.

However, the courtesy given to me by the owner Mr Krishna Kumar was exemplary. I had spoken to him on the phone before I went there and the moment I pulled up, he came rushing out to greet me. There was no time wasted and I explained to him and his team that I'm in a bit of a hurry. They started the cleaning immediately, pulling out the carpets, vacuuming the interior and once that was done, started the foam wash itself.

They use Chemical Guys soap to wash the car and Chemical Guys wash mitt.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7157.jpg

For waxing, they used a Chemical Guys spray-on Wax.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7145.jpg

At the end of everything, this was my car:

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7169.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7175.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7180.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7189.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7194.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7196.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7197.jpg

Apart from the wash and wax on my car, Krishna explained a lot of other things they do and showed me some of the ceramic sealants, ceramic coatings and self-healing coatings they have on offer. He also showed me a high GSM cloth they use. Felt really nice and soft!

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7128.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7129.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7131.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7134.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7135.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7147.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7149.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7150.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7151.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7154.jpg

Krishna also explained that every car they coat comes with warranty and a dedicated, unique ID. They even give a small manual which details how to clean the car and maintain the coating and comes with space to fill out when a maintenance was done and so on.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7137.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7138.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7139.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7140.jpg
Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_7144.jpg

Pros:
Cons
Price:

I paid Rs 767 for my car wash. I think it's a very reasonable price.

Worries

Note Mr Krishna was a stranger to me till I met him. I heard of this place from a fellow TBHP-ian Dr AD and went there. I have ZERO commercial interest in this business. I am just happy that I found a car wash place who does a great job and the icing on the cake is the interaction I had with Mr Krishna, the owner.

Nikhilb - thanks for the information ! I want to try this place as HSR is not that far from my place. Charge of 767 was for wash & wax including interior cleaning ? The wash includes under body as well ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revy (Post 4272460)
Nikhilb - thanks for the information ! I want to try this place as HSR is not that far from my place. Charge of 767 was for wash & wax including interior cleaning ? The wash includes under body as well ?

No. Doesnt include underbody as such. They just spray as much water as possible on the underbody but they dont have a dedicated pit or lift for washing under the car.

Nikhil- Thanks for the information. I suppose this is the one which is bang opposite MK Retail in HSR Layout; have seen a couple of cars turning up at their outlet. The rate seems to be economical for Wash and Wax. Any idea if they sell their products OTC; i would be interested in the wash concentrate and wash mitts (if they sell OTC).

Not sure to be honest. Just call them up and check.

In any case, many items seem to be available on https://www.autofresh.in

Nikhil, The Finish on your car is after the wax they applied or you had some other ceramic coating or paint protection done on your car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 4273646)
Nikhil, The Finish on your car is after the wax they applied or you had some other ceramic coating or paint protection done on your car?

The photos in this thread show the car with just a wash and wax. Coating is being applied this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4269870)
I paid Rs 767 for my car wash. I think it's a very reasonable price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4273699)
The photos in this thread show the car with just a wash and wax. Coating is being applied this week.

Sorry, I am confused. Did you pay 767 for only wash or for wash and wax?

The quality of the work carried out looks fab though. Did it rain on your way back from the detailing center or was the rain pics clicked another time? Mr. Murphy is irritatinglol:

I guess I'll pay them a visit for some pampering my bike needs, mostly after the monsoons. Do they work on bikes also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 4273708)
Sorry, I am confused. Did you pay 767 for only wash or for wash and wax?

The quality of the work carried out looks fab though. Did it rain on your way back from the detailing center or was the rain pics clicked another time? Mr. Murphy is irritatinglol:

I guess I'll pay them a visit for some pampering my bike needs, mostly after the monsoons. Do they work on bikes also?

I paid 767 for a wash and wax. I got it waxed for sure. Maybe he didnt charge me for the waxing part! But I know they applied the wax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 4273646)

Finish doesn't depend on the product of wax used, but mostly on the preparation. Being a brand new car, that too in that dream blue colour - it would not have looked anything less, irrespective of the store. Just my humble opinion.

Dropped in to Feynlab for a wash today.

This was just my second visit and I am happy to report, I still have no reason to complain. Mr Krishna Kumar was not there today but his colleague Rajesh took great care of my car.

I was there along with KarthikK in his 320d and we both got some royal treatment. KarhtikK actually went earlier and was requested to come later as they were busy on some other cars.

It was KarthikK's first visit to this place and he seemed happy.

As for me, it was my first visit post Sunnyboi's detailing and I was keen to see the colours pop after a nice wash.

As usual, they didnt waste any time and as soon as I reached, though they were washing Karthik's car, they removed the floor mats, etc and started cleaning it.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-1.jpg

As soon as the washing bay was vacant, they started with hosing down my car and tackling the dirtiest parts of the car:

1. The front of the car which was splattered with thousands of bugs! lol: I appreciated the patience with which these guys try to find every bug and then clean it off. Even after the wash was completed and my car was dry, they found a few bug splatters and without hesitation pointed them out to me and started cleaning them. It's very tempting for them to just ignore it and let it slide. But I really appreciate the sincerity with which they do their job.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-5.jpg

2. The wheels which were painstakingly sprayed with soap and cleaned thoroughly with a sponge. The wheels were hosed off after barely a minute or so. This is a good practice as soap should never stay on for more than necessary.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-2.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-3.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-4.jpg

Post the above cleaning, they sprayed the foam on the car and then washed it with their mitts.

The end result:

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-6.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-7.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-8.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-9.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-10.jpg

A small video of my car's water beading properties as they were rinsing off the soap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDmUWeIzwKs

Overall, another satisfying visit.

As of now, these guys are doing a great job. I, of course, hope it lasts. But I intend to make full use of their good quality work as long as it lasts! :uncontrol

After a 3700km drive over 10 days, the car was filthy. It was time to visit these guys again.

A small video I made documenting the transformation from dirtiest vRS in India to one of the cleanest (at least for a brief period of time before it hit Bangalore roads again)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBQ2SGn-CWE

I will just let the pics do the talking.

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8666.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8667.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8671.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8672.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8674.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8675.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8685.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8693.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8707.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8701.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8710.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8711.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8714.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8717.jpg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-img_8720.jpg
This time, since the car was absolutely filthy, I didnt want them just rinsing the car, foaming the car and then start rubbing with their mitts.

I wanted them to do a touchless wash to get as much as dirt off as possible before using their wash mitts.

I was more demanding than usual but surprisingly, they didnt throw me out or politely tell me to shove it and sit in the lounge! They put up with all my nonsense and the main person there, Naveen was very cooperative.

Once again, after the wash, he examined the front of the car closely for bug splatters and insects and cleaned it as much as he could. Again, he went way beyond the call of duty.

I met the owner Krishna today and because there was a bit of roughness on the hood, he even got the hood clayed. I insisted on paying something extra for the extra effort they took but they politely declined and charged me the same old Rs 767 including taxes.

Once again, I left a very happy man. clap:

I should say your car looks extremely hot under the light effect in the studio :D

I wish I had a garage similar to this! these studios make the cars look more like models man stupid:

I've planned for a visit over the weekend to get my car washed. I had 3M in mind from the last wash. But looking at the review on this studio, i'll drop over this weekend and see how it goes. Each time I pass by the studio, they look filled, mostly on the weekends.

I got my i20 washed and waxed this tuesday when I had some time in the morning. The car was dirty with all the rain and sitting in basement during the holidays. Morning scuff from an auto prompted me get the wash done ASAP.
I would say the work done was good. They use spray wax and not paste but the quality of work was good. They took enough time to spray underbody and wheel arches to get all mud off. Had some pre wash to get the tar off from the bumper and lower body panels.
Good work and came out cheaper than 3M. INR 590/- hatchback inclusive of taxes.

Based on feedback from many of my friends and this thread, I got my car detailed at Feynlab yesterday. Needsless to say I am very happy with the results and support the claims made by Nikhil in this thread. It was a very pleasant experience. Just that the place is on the otherside of the town and the visit needs to be planned in my case.

The only additional work I got done was headlight restoration as my headlight had some scratches. The work done is very good and 95% of the scratches have been eliminated! I highly recommend this place.

Some pictures

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front.jpeg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front2.jpeg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-front1.jpeg

Car wash & detailing studio - Feynlab (HSR Layout, Bangalore)-back1.jpeg