Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2018, 01:58   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfield Workshop: Top Gear Thumpers (Marathahalli, Bangalore)

Getting a RE bullet serviced is a harrowing affair and that is putting it mildly. The bikes do have more than their fair share of problems but this is exacerbated by mechanics who are often ignorant, stubborn and unscrupulous. Older mechanics who are used to the CI bullets don't really think of the UCE machines as 'real bullets' and use their outdated techniques on the newer models. The younger lot who have some experience with the UCEs tend to want to change every part on the bike that is not performing at a 100%. Now, this is a massive problem because no component on these hallowed machines ever performs at anything above 75% efficiency. This does not mean that the UCE bullet is junk. Just that if you want to enjoy your bullet, you have to have realistic expectations.

Last year a 2010 Classic 500 with under 5000 km on the odometer came into my possession. The bike was in great shape mostly but had too many rough edges. So I took it to a couple of RE FNGs. That is where the problem started. I was advised to get pretty much every component checked and they warned me that the costlier parts may need replacing.

As usual I turned to TBHP and came across a member called 'Lazygunner' who had his own RE workshop. I got in touch with him and eventually got the bike over to his place.

They called me the next day and told me that everything was looking great and there was no need to replace anything major. They even managed to revive my almost dead battery which had been diagnosed as 'completely gone saar' by a previous mechanic.

After I got the bike back it just felt much more fun to ride than it had earlier. If you own an UCE bullet that needs sorting out you might benefit from a visit to Topgear Thumpers run by our very own Lazygunner aka Bhushan.

Contact information:
TopGear Thumpers,
Shop no.6,
Opp. to All Season Supermarket,
Panathur Main Road, Kadubisanahalli,
Bengaluru 560103

Ph: +91-7829304555

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vrpvmUxZord3Hhxr6

Last edited by Aditya : 19th February 2021 at 20:30. Reason: As requested
Roy.S is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 12:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield Workshop: Top Gear Thumpers (Marathahalli, Bangalore)

Do they service and repair others bikes which are not from Royal Enfield?
Old 10th November 2018, 14:15   #3
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield Workshop: Top Gear Thumpers (Marathahalli, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Do they service and repair others bikes which are not from Royal Enfield?
Only RE bikes and specifically the UCE models.
Roy.S is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks