Team-BHP - Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/217162-madhus-tyre-centre-wilson-garden-bangalore.html)

Madhus has opened a new branch for Wheel Balancing/Alignment on Wilson Garden Road, near Lalbagh. This new centre is very spacious and has room to attend more cars when compared to their other outlet on Langford Road. Along with WB/WA they are offering multiple other services too like Insurance, AC Gas Refill, etc..

I happened to go to their Langford Road outlet as usual on 23rd Dec and there was more than usual rush. I was then informed about the new branch which is very close by and opened just the previous day, i.e. on 22nd Dec. Went to the new place and was in a pleasant surprise. The staff are the same old guys who are working in the Langford Road. Being a regular at their Langford Branch, I now know most of them in person. Spoke with Mohsin and the boys immediately took to the task of doing the job. Since it was just opened the previous day, they are still sorting few logistical issues, but my work got over in just 1.5 Hrs and that too with multiple cars being worked on at the same time.

They now have four car ramps to lift up the cars and two dedicated slots for wheel alignment. And there is ample parking space outside without blocking the traffic, which was a big issue at the Langford Road outlet. They also have a nice seating space inside with a history of how Madhus started and their journey so far.

All in all, I am very glad about this new facility. Always a pleasure to visit Madhus for the quality of the service they provide and for the efficiency in how they service multiple cars, ensuring the job gets done quickly. Makes it worth to travel all the way from Sarjapur Road. :)

I wish Nikhil and his family all the very best for this new branch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samabhi (Post 4719506)
Madhus has opened a new branch for Wheel Balancing/Alignment on Wilson Garden Road, near Lalbagh. This new centre is very spacious and has room to attend more cars when compared to their other outlet on Langford Road.

I wanted to visit the new branch on Dec 22 for the inauguration, but some other commitments made it impossible to do so.

Here's wishing Nikhil all the very best :thumbs up

Happy to note that some of the staff from Langford Road branch have moved to the new branch.

Quote:

Along with WB/WA they are offering multiple other services too like Insurance, AC Gas Refill, etc..
What caught my attention was a picture you had shared where we can see "OIL CHANGE" - this is interesting. Hope we can get our regular engine oil replacement done without having to visit an authorized service centre, especially when the car is out of warranty and if it's just a minor service (the odd numbered 10k interval services for my Dzire need just an engine oil + oil filter replacement so hope Madhus can take care of this now).

I think this was the perfect addition to their offering. By far, this is the store with the highest frontage I have seen and has L-O-A-D-s of space for enough cars to be parked/worked upon. There are multiple tyre changers and balancers and a bike wheel balancer too. The inauguration was elegant with a brief history of the store and how the journey so far was. The customer lounge is a nice place to wait and perhaps have mini TBHP meets instead of standing in the work area since we can clearly see the vehicles from here. I wish Nikhil and the entire team a great journey with the store and some more accolades to fill in the gallery, which is also a superb setup. clap:

I got the Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing at this place yesterday. This store is at an easy to spot location on the main road itself. And the first thing that you will notice is how spacious this place is. Also, more pits for Wheel alignment and more wheel balancing machines.

As usual their boys got into the act in quick time and the work was finished to my satisfactionclap:. Later in the day, I took my car on the NICE road for a quick test.

My friend got the Wheel Alignment / Wheel Balancing for his Honda City.

Location link: https://goo.gl/maps/tmSbfQkh85Jp1H1y6

Here are few pics,

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-wab1.png

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-wab2.png

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-wab3.png

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-wab4.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4720239)
The customer lounge is a nice place to wait and perhaps have mini TBHP meets instead of standing in the work area since we can clearly see the vehicles from here.

Even I felt the same, a nice place for a quick meet and get the WA/WB done as well.:D

This place falls on my every day work commute route and had been seeing this place in the works through December 2019. Now that it is operational, will probably get my next wheel alignment and balancing job done from here. Looks to be really spacious and well done up from the pictures that I see here. Congrats Nikhil ! :thumbs up

Even i had my Tiger tyre mushroom puncture repair done along with balancing and then Grand Vitara for an alignment check-up at the new shop. I had done the alignment at Langford outlet about 2 weeks back and then took it for a short highway trip, where i realised there was a constant pull to left.

Guys at new outlet used the hoist system and found the value was lil off from what should have been. The system there was not updated for the Suzuki Grand Vitara, but luckily i had the old sheet which had the values in the car, that was used to configure. So GV guys going over, use "Suzuki Grand Vitara" from the list for the readings ;)

Good news is.. though we had to wrestle a bit to get the darn bolts to budge, got the values within spec and now the pull seems to have gone. The hoist system has an inbuilt jack, which is a boon to get the camber bolt adjusted, by removing the load off the wheels.

All the very best to the team.

Visited this facility for the customary balancing/ alignment of my Baleno. This has a huge area for parking, ample lifts for balancing, couple of alignment bays with one pit type and other being lift type. They seem to have a torrid time digging pit due to the rocky area, so a lift was installed as an alternate.
Service, as always, has been their forte and it shows up at this place too. You get a great view from the lounge area. Kudos to the entire team for keeping up.
Also met Nikhil and had a wonderful time chatting with him.

Visited Madhus Wilson garden (Hosur road) branch during the past weekend. Called them on Friday evening as I had planned to get some suspension work done the next day, after which I wanted to replace the tyres, so checked on availablity of Michelin XM2 and was told that the stock is expected next day. I returned home in the afternoon from the service centre after getting the suspension work done and received a call from Madhus that the tyres are available. Reached there around 5:15 pm and the work was completed in about an hour. Familiar staff and very professional. Very happy with the space available here and the customer lounge etc (though I prefer to be with the car when the work is being carried out). Also got the alignment and balancing done. Big thumbs up to Nikhil and his staff :thumbs up

*The old set of Michelin XM2 tyres lasted 60k Km over 7 years and still had some tread left for at least 5k km but I didn't want to risk old/aged tyres.

With the Covid19 situation, my travel plans were out of window for another year atleast and so I thought of changing the Timsum to something that goes good on the road. The search finally closed in on the Michelin Road5.
Visited Madhus once the lockdown was relaxed and they did not have it at their store, but assured me that I will be able to get one after the lockdown 3.0 gets over. Another visit on 17th and I got the confirmation on the availability. Since I was busy, after 17th, I could drop in today.
Drove in at 1000 to be greeted by an empty work bay. They took in the bike and started the work immediately. The Timsums were removed, bead area cleaned thoroughly and Road5 was installed. After a customary balancing activity, took it for a spin and immediately I could make out the difference in handling, cornering and braking characteristics of the bike. I will put up a detailed review on the motorcycle tyre thread once I take the bike on a longish run.
The whole process took a little above an hour and I am a satisfied customer of Madhus. Now for some pictures.

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_20200525_100522_1.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_20200525_101245_1.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_20200525_102633.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img_20200525_102644.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0050.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0059.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0055.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0057.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0051.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0058.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0053.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0052.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0056.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0054.jpg

Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore-img20200525wa0060.jpg

A strategically placed nail (the tyre puncture guys have laid it out nicely over there) got my Primacy in Marathalli. Trundled along (in my Nexon) to my old favourite Madhus (a distance of 20kms) and got a professional patch up done. The crew are gracious as usual. I'm planning to get Pirelli all round, next. Nikhil, any idea how these would perform on our harsh Bangalore roads? I'm looking at comfort equal to Michelins (or only Michelins replace Michelins?). While there, I saw good German rims for the car as well (I think BBS). Hope they have in my size

Hello Folks.

I am getting the 2nd service done on my Creta Petrol 2019(Manual) from Advaith ITPL and they mentioned that they will also do the wheel balancing as part of service.

I have 3 questions:-

1. Is it really required for a 3900 Km vehicle?
2. What is the average reading when it should be done?
3. They are quoting 1800 for that. Isn't that number higher than usual?

Also, any idea how much would it cost to get the balancing done from Madhus(Wilson Garden Branch)?

Appreciate your responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artyom (Post 4827022)
Hello Folks.

I am getting the 2nd service done on my Creta Petrol 2019(Manual) from Advaith ITPL and they mentioned that they will also do the wheel balancing as part of service
Appreciate your responses

Balancing is not needed IMO. Its a loot by Advaith to charge you 1800 for this. :Shockked: The last time I got my wheels a complete routine of alignment, balancing and rotation I paid less than 1000 at Tyre professionals which is also a sister concern of Madhus. Even if there has been a hike, it would not be as high as 1800. Either way even Maruti ASC used to charge a bomb for this due to which I have been getting it done in Madhus. You can get alignment checked every 5k kms if you drive on bad roads and maintain a 10k kms interval for balancing unless you're currently facing any issues with vibrations or wobbling from the wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4827040)
Balancing is not needed IMO. Its a loot by Advaith to charge you 1800 for this. :Shockked: The last time I got my wheels a complete routine of alignment, balancing and rotation I paid less than 1000 at Tyre professionals which is also a sister concern of Madhus. Even if there has been a hike, it would not be as high as 1800. Either way even Maruti ASC used to charge a bomb for this due to which I have been getting it done in Madhus. You can get alignment checked every 5k kms if you drive on bad roads and maintain a 10k kms interval for balancing unless you're currently facing any issues with vibrations or wobbling from the wheels.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

I will ask them to remove it from the scheduled jobs and will get it done around 9 or 10k odo reading from Madhus since this forum speaks highly of them.

Service centers insist of Wheel balancing and Wheel alignment no matter what. The quote of 1800 is correct. ( Assuming its for 5 wheels. Otherwise it should be 1600. WA 815, WB 165 per wheel. 18% GST). As audioholic wrote, you may not need it now.
I usually get it done in service centers only because I am too lazy to get it done from outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 4827057)
The quote of 1800 is correct. ( Assuming its for 5 wheels. Otherwise it should be 1600. WA 815, WB 165

Wow, 815 for WA in ASC while I pay less than 500 at Madhus irrespective of the car. That\'s just daylight robbery. And another scam is through wheel balancing weights. Not sure if its a standard practice but when I get the wheels balanced the guys at Madhus do a dry run without removing the existing weights. If the wheel is in good balance then I only pay the balancing cost. Only if it is out of balance they remove the older weights and install new weights for which I pay. But the ASC will balance with removal of the old weights. So even if the balance is unchanged, you will pay for the weights which are pasted back into the place they were before balancing. Nice scam.