Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 21:57   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)

A quick review of my experience with the Sarjapur Road/ORR-Kadubeesanahalli outlet of Automovill Technologies. A multi brand car service company

Website: https://www.automovill.com/ (Seems to be temporarily down at the time of writing)

Contact Person: Mr Atikur. Ph: +91 91132 83092

Services I have availed:
  • Battery Replacement at home location
  • Breakdown Support-On site visit +towing help
  • Breakdown fix
  • Regular Service Package

My first interaction with Automovill and Mr. Atikur was during the peak of the 2nd wave of Covid. My car had not been started for 4-5 weeks and the battery was already 3+ years. As expected, the vehicle did not start. I had seen the contact of Automovill in our apartment group and decided to give him a call. This was during the time where there were severe restrictions in place and even essential services were allowed to operate only from 6am-10am. I spoke to Mr Atikur and told him of the problem and that I would prefer to replace the battery. He promptly sent me a couple of quotes and once finalized, he said his person would come next day morning at 7am and replace the battery. I did not have much expectation on the timing but to my pleasant surprise, their team arrived promptly at 7 and quickly replaced it. I have a thing for punctuality and the fact they came and did it promptly as promised was a big plus for me.

Fast forward to October. One day, I left for office in the car and parked in the first floor of our MLCP. When I started the car that morning, there seemed to be an abnormal sound when cranking. In the evening around 5pm, when I cranked the car-Absolutely no response. No sound at all when cranking. The battery I knew was good. It was a pretty tough situation as I was inside the office, in the MLCP at 5pm in the evening and I was not sure what to do.

First thought of contacting VW Road side Assistance, but then remembered Automovill and gave Mr. Atikur a call. He responded promptly and said he would see if there is a mechanic in the vicinity he could send. Within 15 min, his person turned up. I did see that all he had was a spare battery and jump starter cables. In any case got him inside and he fiddled around for some time and said it seemed to be an issue with the starter motor and the car had to be towed. I had feared as much as there was no way it was a battery issue.

Next challenge was to get it towed. This was a decision point again and I decided to go with my gut feel and go with Automovill to fix this issue. Atikur quickly co-ordinated with a towing guy and he turned up in ~45 min as promised in a nice flatbed truck. Had to face some challenges to get the car on the flat-bed as the tow truck could not enter the MLCP. Fortunately the driver and a couple of the company security team helped me push the car down.

The car finally made it to the center. It was 7.30PM and the workshop was a little off the main road and I was a actually a little worried to leave the car there. I took some snaps and left from there. As I was leaving I got some snaps of the car being delivered at the center from Atikur which was sent by his team. Shared email on request and got a note indicating the receipt of the vehicle. So all of this reassured me.

The next day I was informed by 10am that the car was being checked. Since the car was anyway due for the yearly service, I enquired on the same and a basic service package for INR 6500 was shared. Since the car had not run much in the last year, I felt the basic checks and service would be good enough and asked Atikur to go ahead with the full service.

Rest of the going was smooth. The starting issue was resolved first-It turned out to be the wire being cut probably due to a rat bite. So no issue with the starting mechanism itself. Once this was fixed the rest of the service was carried out. I was constantly updated on WhatsApp with the status as well as with images and videos of the work being carried out.

Below are some of the images shared with me as the work was progressing. There were more videos and pics, just sharing a sample:

Arriving at the center on the flatbed
Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211004-19.14.44.jpeg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211005-12.25.31.jpeg

The items covered under the service
Name:  WhatsApp Image 20211004 at 19.41.09.jpeg
Views: 818
Size:  37.1 KB

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211005-16.15.24-1.jpeg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211005-16.15.24.jpeg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-engineoil.jpg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-fill.jpg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211005-16.28.26.jpeg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211005-16.28.26-1.jpeg

Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)-whatsapp-image-20211005-17.45.51-1.jpeg

Got the car back the next day by 12pm. Overall was a very good experience.
  • Summary:
  • Pro's
    • Very prompt and timely response
    • Regular updates over phone and WhatsApp
    • Reasonable Cost
    • Workmanship seemed good. Car definitely felt good after the service. Sometimes post a service at the authorized center, I wonder if anything has been done.
  • Con's/Unknowns
    • No specific cons from my experience.
    • Not sure of the capability to deal with more complex issues or extensive repairs

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 24th October 2021 at 22:00.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 22:12   #2
BHPian

re: Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)

This is weird but Google maps says the second location is the one opposite Prestige Tech Park back gate on kariyamman agrahara road.

Is that right? If so then the name of this centre is actually Laksh Auto Service and they have been here for a long time. Not sure why the name shows up as Automovill. I have given imy car to them for minor work and recently gave it for a full service too. I like them mainly for the quick turnaround time.
Old 25th October 2021, 10:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Multi-Brand Car Service | Automovill Technologies (Sarjapur-ORR, Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
This is weird but Google maps says the second location is the one opposite Prestige Tech Park back gate on kariyamman agrahara road.

Is that right? If so then the name of this centre is actually Laksh Auto Service and they have been here for a long time. Not sure why the name shows up as Automovill. I have given imy car to them for minor work and recently gave it for a full service too. I like them mainly for the quick turnaround time.
Location is right. Actually there are 3-4 service centers/workshops clustered in the area. The one on the main road I think is Laksh, then there is a small mud road on the side of it which takes you to Automovill. There is one more on the same road.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks