Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 15:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Car washing service at home | DriveU.in

I have used DriveU a few times during the day and it worked out well. They were prompt and my wife was happy.

DriveU also have a mobile washing service. My Audi had not been washed for nearly a month and had been on muddy trips to Chennai and Sakleshpur.

The silver hides the grime

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-cd8f9d18b01b4d8592de775c00f7180d.jpeg

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-63dd93203c174a21bdc652a192259ede.jpeg

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-fa9fd1260c9946f28786d3948b6b4852.jpeg

Two men appeared on a scooter. Pump in the footwell. A sack with the cloths, hoses and shampoo and a huge backpack with the vacuum cleaner.

My security was generous and curious so power was taken from the pump house and they could connect direct to the hose. They carried a massive vacuum cleaner.

They systematically cleaned the interior. I declined the dashboard polish. I hate it. Washed the mats and they proceeded to

Wash

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-5f42cd53b3ec4a1783a2f568baddaab0.jpeg

Shampoo with 3M products

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-5f45b59c69204b1c8996b970ae60b023.jpeg

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-086f095cd2094582bbe67de56efe4d11.jpeg

Only demerit is the they put the cloths on the ground after use
Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-a4d4b31616f0469198881b9396806be4.jpeg

Final Result
Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-f12fee80905d41f9b6555360de986a64.jpeg

Car washing service at home |  DriveU.in-c4246d880d98462abb5d0da4a6ce1b53.jpeg

For Rs500 plus tips, it was a decent job. Might either use them again or still buy that machine. One tip is to use them first thing in the morning when their cloths are clean.

Last edited by ajmat : 21st May 2023 at 15:38.
ajmat is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:39   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car washing service at home | DriveU.in

Thanks for sharing! Moving your post out to a new thread.

I am a big fan of DriveU and call for their drivers several times a year. Also had their Black membership at one time.

Have seen the wash service on the app, but I thought its just one of those ancillary services being offered for the heck of it. Clearly, I was wrong. Will use when needed.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 10:46   #3
BHPian

I had used DriveU before. But on two occasions, the driver asked for additional tips and others (like a smoke - as I was still smoking at that time - pre-covid, now completely smoke free for more than 3 yrs!! YAY!! - OT) and the third time, the driver asked if he could stop near a bus stop and for me to drive home from there as it was difficult for him to get a bus from my location and that late in the night ~11pm.
After these experiences, I uninstalled the app. I get the random text messages still but have not reinstated my relationship with them. Happy to see they have satisfied customers and other services too.
gtonsing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:26   #4
BHPian

I used their car wash @ home service also last week and the results were quite satisfactory. I usually hate taking to car washes otherwise cuz you either have to wait there or leave the keys, both I don't like to do. However only guy showed up for the job and took almost 2 hours to do one car but otherwise it was good. Will use again.
CosmicWizard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:02   #5
BHPian

Once I used Ola car wash service. The work was done to my satisfaction but the cost was way high. I paid Rs 1100 for basic interior cleaning and waterless exterior wash. Its good to have such service at door step. I will try DriveU next time.
khanmaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am assuming they use our water source for the wash. I have not used their service but I think high pressure air is also required as the water droplets have to be cleared after a wash. They obviously cannot carry it to our homes. I think 3M does a fantastic job there.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 15:14   #7
BHPian

I have used Zixdo(Bangalore) a few times. I was happy with their service and pricing. A guy comes with a pump/pressure washer and a hand machine for polish. However I think the service is no more active. So now I deal with the guy who used to work for Zixdo directly. He charges the same amount i.e 299(basic foam wash+vaccuming) and 399(foam wash+basic polish+vacuuming+dashboard polishing).
I am going to share the guy's name if anyone wants to try -
+91 6363993988

I have used Carselona too. The have a monthly subscription plans too. They are good if you want waterless wash 3-4 times in a week.
Redline Shooter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 23:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have used DriveU a few times during the day and it worked out well. They were prompt and my wife was happy.

For Rs500 plus tips, it was a decent job. Might either use them again or still buy that machine. One tip is to use them first thing in the morning when their cloths are clean.
Looks similar to something I availed in Calcutta years back & had bad experience. 500 is good price though especially in Bangalore.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...a-kolkata.html (Bad experience with The Motor Spa, Kolkata)
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 21:34   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am a big fan of DriveU and call for their drivers several times a year. Also had their Black membership at one time.
I was going through a Reddit post where a user had a harrowing experience with DriveU after a fender-bender accident. Basically they have this "DriveU Insure" of 15 INR, which pays 15K in case of an accident. But, DriveU is refusing to pay the amount.

If you use any other service (train tickets/Ola bookings) all of them have insurance from one of the providers. But however I search, I cannot find the insurance provider in any of my past bookings or on their app FAQ/policy etc. I'm now wondering if "insurance" is an insurance after all. Can something be called insurance without license from IRDAI?

Anybody in forum ever had to deal with them for such case? I'm not really sure if this should be a new post and/or to be posted in which group. Please move this if required.

Reddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/bangalore/c...nsurance_scam/
prajwalmr62 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:20   #10
BHPian

Just found this thread and DriveU soke days back. Have booked a deep cleaning car wash package for an i20 tomorrow, will update with my experience
Old 21st December 2023, 08:37   #11
BHPian

My experience with DriveU Car cleaning was pretty good. I'd booked the all-in-one package to clean everything and top it up with waxing the body. The person arrived on time and took about 3 hours to fully clean my car.
  • Began with dry vacuuming the car, removing the mats, etc.
  • He did a wet cleaning inside along with some shampoo type formula, scrubbing and then cleaning with water
  • The outside had the shampoo foam applied to it via a machine and then rinsed off. After drying it, he used wax to put some shine on the body and tyre covers.

All in all, it was a good experience for a home based service. My plan is to get my car done via DriveU around once per year.
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:36   #12
BHPian

Has anyone used Hoora service for car wash? specially in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks