Team-BHP - Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/6106-trusted-petrol-pumps-bangalore-20.html)

Finally the time has come to move on from Shell Diesel to our Public sector Oil companies. The current diesel price is 49.50 !! :Frustrati

Are there any "good" suggestions for a COCO bunk in and around Malleshwaram?

Really appreciate it

Thanks and Regards

Sateesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holyghost (Post 1529517)
Hey, Is there any COCO (Company Owned Company Operated) pumps anywhere near Hebbal. I use Shell on Bellary Road (After CBI Road towards Mekhri Circle) most of times. Sometimes (should say rarely) I use the IOC in front of Manyata Embassy Business Park.
Somehow I dont like the Shell fuel due to black smoke on my Safari. I need to switch from Shell to IOC or Speed, but yet to find one reliable pump in the vicinity.

Yes, black smoke. I have the same problem when I did a first couple of full tanks for my Indica Vista Aura (diesel) at SHELL. The FE figures dropped by 2 kmpl. I got a measly 11.2 kmpl. I stopped Shell ever since. Not sure if Shell Petrol is better, or if the specific Shell outlet after CBI road has something to do for this. I went back to the regular HP outlet at Kodigehalli Gate (the one on your left when you come from Yelahanka). A day before I gave my car for 4th free service, I did a full tank. Now, 60% of diesel is consumed that the trip meter shows 250 KM. This is atleast 60-70 KM less than the actual figures. I definitely feel it is sub-standard diesel (I used to get 13.5 kmpl earlier with diesel from the same outlet). Or, is it that during my 4th free service at Concorde motors, some of the diesel was intentionally removed from my car? (can this happen in the first place?) Anyways, I don't want to go to the same HP outlet again.

Please suggest better options in and around hebbal/yelahanka

Its always better to use normal diesel for the Safari. Tata recommends so. Shell or the premium diesels are not recommended.

Ideally use the IOC or HP HSD (normal diesel is called High Speed Diesel). I have filled at the bunk near Manyata many times and it appeared to be good. No smoke, no issues with performance, but i am not sure of the FE since I dont regularly check that.

Quote:

andescondor : A day before I gave my car for 4th free service, I did a full tank.
Dont take a chance (inspite of my next comment below). Always fill fuel *after* you complete the servicing.

Quote:

andescondor : I definitely feel it is sub-standard diesel (I used to get 13.5 kmpl earlier with diesel from the same outlet). Or, is it that during my 4th free service at Concorde motors, some of the diesel was intentionally removed from my car?
I have faced this problem before, and had checked with my SA (who I know quite well). He had said that normally the mechanics etc will not pilfer diesel (they have access to it from the generators). Petrol is likely to be pilfered, though - and typically more useful to them for use in their two-wheelers.

Suggest you do not jump to conclusions at this time. Get to a good bunk first - even if it is inside the city where you can go about twice a month to fuel up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairalee (Post 2179702)
Ideally use the IOC or HP HSD (normal diesel is called High Speed Diesel). I have filled at the bunk near Manyata many times and it appeared to be good. No smoke, no issues with performance, but i am not sure of the FE since I dont regularly check that.

Thank you, Kairalee! Can you tell me the exact location of this bunk?

andescondor, This bunk is little after the Manyata Tech Park on the service road. Its on your left when you drive towards KR puram from Hebbal on the ORR. I cannot recollect if it was a IOC or a HP one though.

hey guys..

I've got my car to office (ITPL) today; normally I full fuel at the Shell station on Varthur road but with the difference becoming more prominent, was wondering if there is a decent HP/BP/IO bunk somewhere around. I'll need to fuel up with 5km and I travel back on the ORR.

Which is the best one around this area?

Goto the HP bunk next to Cosmos mall on the way back.
tried and tested! Its one of the best in this part of the world

While this thread feels useful when one knows the locations people are reviewing, It is quiet useless when on the road or when one is short of time to surf all the posts all over again for a mention of a petrol pump that is convenient right NOW.

Hence I request people to post the GPS co-ordinates of all bunks that meet 4+ scores out of 5 from a vote, and then maybe a central authority like mods can mark them on google maps clearly labeling TBHP approved and bunk name?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Following is a review on a HP petrol bunk which i was visiting on Sarjapur road near Sunny Brooks. Time for an update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2141623)
The new bunk i am trying out is the HP bunk on Sarjapur road after the Wipro Corporate office. Owner is always there in the evenings supervising the attendants, and also personally takes the card down to the office to swipe. His presence also ensures there is no time wastage involved.

I had a slightly different experience this afternoon.

I filled petrol from this bunk in my car, and the bill amount came to Rs. 1651/-. I paid using my credit card.
I got a chargeslip for the said amount which i signed, and returned. I then decided to fill air in the tyres at the same place.

I got an SMS from the bank informing me of the transaction for Rs. 1651/-. In addition i also got another SMS for Rs.1000/- immediately following the previous one! I didnt ask anyone else, and straight away parked the car there and barged up to the owner's cabin, where the owner's wife was present and showed them the SMS alert and explained the case. She understood my case and immediately took a printout of the processed transactions from both the swipe machines they had.

I was right, and there had been 2 transactions, one for Rs. 1651, and another for Rs. 1000/- on the other machine. She immediately confronted the workers there and gave them a sound scolding in front of me.

What had happened was that the young chap who swiped the cards had accidentally swiped my card on both machines, where he was supposed to swipe another person's card for the second transaction for Rs. 1000/- !
I have a feeling the other person may also have signed up with his sign on the chargeslip presented to him against my name.

To end the issue, the owner lady profusely apologised to me and also refunded the Rs. 1000 in cash.

What i learnt is, always double check the chargeslip before signing and a big thanks to the SMS alert system offerred by the credi card company.

Quote:

The only downside i see at the moment is that this bunk does not have a cover/shade on top, so during rains becomes a pain. Also, i would assume water seepage to the storage tanks. This is just an assumption, though.

Not sure if someone saw my comment here, but this has now been addressed and a roof has now been put up.

Wow ! sharp response from the SMS service saved you benny. This is terrible, I always suspect this, so never leave them alone with my credit card. You should thank your CC company for this. All's well that end's well.

P.S. Come to think of it, the brighter side, you could have never borrowed 1000 bucks from your CC company without paying ATM/cash charges. :D

The only way to solve this problem: Never hand your CC to the attendant. Tell him you will park the car away and them come back to settle the amount.

Always did that. Only when you see the machine, you open the wallet to take out the CC! Yes, you may spend an extra 5-10 minutes, but its worth it.

On top of it the Bank SMS always helps to confirm the transaction. I have always observed that SMSes for CC transactions, reach out faster than any other ones! (There was never a delay of SMS after any transaction for me).

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 2211520)
Wow ! sharp response from the SMS service saved you benny. This is terrible, I always suspect this, so never leave them alone with my credit card. You should thank your CC company for this. All's well that end's well.

P.S. Come to think of it, the brighter side, you could have never borrowed 1000 bucks from your CC company without paying ATM/cash charges. :D

As i said, i'm extremely thankful to Standard Chartered for the prompt SMS alert on all transactions on my credit card.

I truly agree with the secnd part of your post. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2211589)
The only way to solve this problem: Never hand your CC to the attendant. Tell him you will park the car away and them come back to settle the amount.

Always did that. Only when you see the machine, you open the wallet to take out the CC! Yes, you may spend an extra 5-10 minutes, but its worth it.

On top of it the Bank SMS always helps to confirm the transaction. I have always observed that SMSes for CC transactions, reach out faster than any other ones! (There was never a delay of SMS after any transaction for me).

Ampere, i earlier used to use my Citibank debit card for all my transactions, and the added security it gave me was the need to enter PIN to approve the transaction. However, i have moved on to using my credit card for all payments these days for credit facility, as well as the points i get. I do keep my eyes peeled on the SMS alerts and also scan my statement carefully upon receipt.

The 200 rupee trick was played on me last saturday. It was early morning (6:30am) and I was on my way to the airport to drop my parents when I entered the first HP bunk from Hebbal on the airport road. Told the guy to fill up 1000 rupees petrol (very clearly) and also got down from the car to personally supervise the same. The guyshowed me '0' and then this second person comes and starts chatting with me regarding something. Meanwhile the attendant promptly typed 200 on the screen and was about to start filling when I stopped him. As expected, he asked me if I wanted petrol for 200 rupees!!! Didnt want to pick up any fights this early in morning, I coolly told him to fill for 1000. He then proceeded to change the machine to 800 and filled for 800. I told him he has filled worth 800 and I'll pay 800 only. The guy then again filled worth 200! Thanks to tbhp I was alert enough to this con and was saved that day.

Never going back to that bunk again. Its shell for me from now on!

Quote:

The new bunk i am trying out is the HP bunk on Sarjapur road after the Wipro Corporate office.

Anyone with reviews about this particular bunk?

Hi benbsb29,

I will recommend this place for Diesel. :thumbs up (Don't know about petrol). I have been filling up Diesel for the Swift from the same bunk for some time now. The MJD felt more lively and eager to rev when I filled up the first time there. I thought it was mere coincidence as I had a very clean CAI and I was driving in the night. :) But I sense a small difference in engine performance whenever I fill up from other pumps. The engine feels a little rough.

So nowadays, I make it a point to get Diesel from this bunk only. And the owner also seems to be a nice man. Moreover they always have an attendant for 'Air'.