Team-BHP - Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/6106-trusted-petrol-pumps-bangalore-38.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2796003)
I know I have been cheated, but can't figure out how.

1) Was the 1st Rs. 500 fill done at the same level that the earlier ones have been done (to compare needle movement)? At times, when the fuel is really low, the needle takes time to move.

2) Note that this time, you'd be getting much lesser fuel, courtesy the Rs. 7.5/- hike. Could that be why the needle movement wasn't so prominent?

3) After the 2nd Rs. 500 refill, did the needle move worth Rs. 500 or Rs. 1000? That will be a very good indicator on whether you were cheated.

4) Does your version of i10 have a DTE indicator? That could give a picture.

On my Corsa too, the needle movement for Rs. 500 is very slow; sometimes only after I've driven for a few minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2795990)
@Rohan, How old is the car ? There is a possibility that the fuel gauge / sensor inside the tank had a momentary error. Try your normal process a couple of more times & see if the error repeats

Seems like I raised a false alarm. :D

As condor suggested, it was a momentary error of the fuel gauge/sensor. :thumbs up

When I started the car today morning, the fuel indicator has risen above the 3/4th mark and is correctly indicating the amount of petrol that was filled yesterday over the half mark.

Again what could be the cause of this momentary error shown by the fuel gauge ?

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit.mishra (Post 2400113)
Any updates / feedback on the Indian Oil - Devaraj Enterprises near ICICI bank, Salarpuria Softzone, Bellandur , ORR

This is next to my house and therefore I used to fill from this pump. I never really used to ask for bills but today when I checked the credit card charge slip I was surprised to see that they have charged me for normal petrol almost the rate of Rs. 91/liter this morning :Shockked:. I as always didn't ask for a bill stupid:therefore no way to go back to them. Still I called up the Petrol Pump. The guy on the other end told me that cars have more capacity than mentioned on the manual/specs. I have an ALTO and I was charged Rs. 2914.62 for a full tank (auto cut) and the car was barely into Reserve (assuming refill of around 32 liters). I let this matter rest here but I think I will be doubly cautious the next time. If this is repeated in the future I will surely lodge a complaint with IOC.

Quote:

Any updates / feedback on the Indian Oil - Devaraj Enterprises near ICICI bank, Salarpuria Softzone, Bellandur , ORR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2400400)
They are cheats!! My colleague nearly got into a scrap with them but decided not to because of political connections the pump owner might have ... I think they threatened to send goons after him or something when things got ugly.

100% agreed. These guys are horrible. Not only have they tried cheating but they also do some adulteration. My colleagues SX4 started sputtering when he filled at this bunk and I filled in my Figo once as an emergency and the car sounded like a tractor till I filled at my usual bunk the next day.

Quote:

Avoid this bunk like the plague. I have read mails from fellow residents belonging to my apartment complex too about the malpractices at this pump. I only went there once on my bike long ago, and somehow didnt feel comfortable there, and decided not to fill from there.

I filled fuel from MATS Fuel Park (the HPCL pump near Cosmos Mall, ITPL rd). I am happy with the service there, the staff is very courteous.

After top up, the fuel reading was 45.35 liters. The fuel tank capacity for the vehicle is 45 liters and there was already around 1 to 2 liter fuel in the tank. Even if I account for the inlet pipe, a reading more than tank capacity is hard to digest.

My bill was around Rs.3500. The attendant billed for Rs.35000 by mistake. :D They realized it and reversed the transaction in a very polite manner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatienceWins (Post 2806124)
I filled fuel from MATS Fuel Park (the HPCL pump near Cosmos Mall, ITPL rd). I am happy with the service there, the staff is very courteous.

I always fill from MATS in morning before 6-30 am when there is no rush and have always got better milage as cheating is less here as there are ladies attendants who seldom cheat and this gives peace with getting correct quantity of fuel.

Came across an unsuccessful attention diversion tactic on Sunday morning. I fill up at two BP pumps usually Shankar and Sons in Jeevanbhima Nagar or the BP bunk opposite to Manipal hospital on old airport road. Never had any issues apart from a period few months back when I felt quality of fuel in BP opposite Manipal was not as good as it used to be. Had posted the same in this thread and few others too mentioned the same.
However, on Sunday around 8AM went to Shankar and Sons on Jeevanbhima Nagar, the bunk was almost empty and the lone attendant in the car dispenser was busy. So these two guys in two wheeler dispenser call me over there. Was bit surprised about that since have never seen them fill two wheelers in the dispenser for cars and other way around during the whole two years I been using this bunk. Anyways, stopped the car got out and this attendant with cash bag (A) asks me the amount. I tell him 1800 and saw that the other attendant with the dispenser (B) has not reset the pump and its at Rs 100. So I asks A and B to fill for 1800 while keeping my eyes on meter, A then calls me up writing 1800 in his hand asking if that is the amount I want to fill. I tell him yes still fixing my eyes on pump. B meanwhile has open fuel lid and was about to start filling, on seeing me still looking the pump A asks B to reset and start. While B does that A is up with the usual card / cash and all multiple times. B fills up to 300 and stops saying ie what I had asked for. I didn’t reply to him and looks at A and they both starts saying "Ohh, 1800 so 300 filled another 1500" and quickly starts without resetting the meter. Told him to fill till 1800 itself since reset is not done and he readily agrees to that.
Now, though this is the first time I came across something like this in this bunk and also never felt any issues with fuel quality this made me think twice about the other options. Thinking of using Shell at Basavanagar since price difference between that and PSU bunks are not much. However around 2Kms one side detour just for that keeps me wondering (I take Murgeshpalaya- Bellandur route daily).

i have been using the IOC bunk near Indiranagar RTO for nearly 5 years and no issues till date. I would strongly recommend this bunk.

Faced a similar issue at IOC Petrol Bunk in Domlur. The attendants try to divert our attention by asking about card or cash while the meter is tripped.:deadhorse

Good news is that the Shell Pump at Bommanahalli is soon re-opening after some maintenance shutdown for close to a year now. Yahoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mempheS.D (Post 2827380)
Good news is that the Shell Pump at Bommanahalli is soon re-opening after some maintenance shutdown for close to a year now. Yahoo!

Really good news !!!

When are they going to be operational ?

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 2801580)
100% agreed. These guys are horrible. Not only have they tried cheating but they also do some adulteration. My colleagues SX4 started sputtering when he filled at this bunk and I filled in my Figo once as an emergency and the car sounded like a tractor till I filled at my usual bunk the next day.

I fill up Petrol from this bunk only for last 1.5 yrs as I stay in Bellandur stupid:. I generally take Extra Premium and not regular petrol. last week I did a tank full and payed Rs. 1883 by CC. When I reached home, I checked the bill and saw they have billed me for diesel :Shockked: amount to Rs. 1883 ! Of late I have a feeling that there is some adulteration in the fuel. After last refill, my car has lost pick-up and sometimes stuttering (air filter / oil filter checked recently). I have decided to tank up from Shell Whitefield (the one on the left side while going towards whitefield from Kundalahalli gate).

Any review about this Shell Whitefield ?

Any recommendations for good petrol bunks near Kasturinagar (East of NGEF) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2827622)
Really good news !!!

When are they going to be operational ?

Rohan

Eureka! They are functional already. Saw some vehicles in queue there last afternoon. Will try this weekend. God bless Shell.