Team-BHP - Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/6106-trusted-petrol-pumps-bangalore-50.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 3172845)
Bad news is I filled at that Indian Oil bunk next to Mantri in HSR.

i dont think that bunk has received positive reviews/ feedback.

But intresting to note that the attend looked to be checking for (TBHP) stickers.

Quote:

So when he leaned back and looked behind the car, I think he got a good remembrance of some bad experiences while trying to cheat Team-BHPians.
Those LTD, URL stickers seems to have done some trick, I believe.
So he didn't try anything stupid with me. :cool:

Only thing that is running in my mind now is - How is the Fuel Quality ? Since I drove for another 5-6kms only, I didn't feel anything different.

I have filled fuel here for my bike and car, during distress times, i.e. when fuel goes low and this is the first pump on the way. I do not have any stickers on my vehicles.

I have never found them try any tricks on quantity nor did I find my vehicles go rough and/or give lower mileage than usual.

So quality problem might have been with a particular batch. And if one is vigilant, no one can cheat you. If you aren't then anyone might try to cheat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krish3 (Post 3173138)
I do not have any stickers on my vehicles.
I have never found them try any tricks on quantity nor did I find my vehicles go rough and/or give lower mileage than usual.
So quality problem might have been with a particular batch. And if one is vigilant, no one can cheat you. If you aren't then anyone might try to cheat.

Could be with a particular batch of fuel. But nonetheless, this outlet hasn't gathered any good feedback either. So was worried about the quality.

Regarding stickers, it was just an observation. May be he was a new guy and was excited to see what stickers were they.

And last, but not the least, being vigilant definitely helps. Nothing can beat that. I lock the car and stand near the dispenser watching the fuel meter, even when I am at my loyal outlet - Shell. Who knows, what gets into the minds of the attendant. So yes, there is no alternative for being alert. :thumbs up

Quote:

Ok, bad news and good news.

Good news is I filled Rs1000 petrol (without any antics by the attendant/billing) and reached home without pushing my car. :D

Bad news is I filled at that Indian Oil bunk next to Mantri in HSR.

This is how it went:
Only thing that is running in my mind now is - How is the Fuel Quality ? Since I drove for another 5-6kms only, I didn't feel anything different.

Strangely that Mantri IOC bunk has been okay for me :), no issues faced there till date. The world war II bunk I was referring to in my post is different - that's directly below Agara flyover, opposite that Hanuman statue. Hardly anyone can notice that bunk unless they pass by it from that Jakkasandra lake road towards Sarjapur on the service road. Kindly avoid that world war II bunk at all costs, they are known to sell high-pressure, liquified shoe polish as petrol stupid:.

Most trustworthy pumps are Shell bunks. We end up paying couple of hundred bucks extra per tankful, but at least the fuel quality is assured and staff are professional. There is no one waiting to hoodwink you at the slightest opportunity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 3173164)
Kindly avoid that world war II bunk at all costs, they are known to sell high-pressure, liquified shoe polish as petrol stupid:.

Yes, have seen that bunk. I guess no self respecting TBHPian will ever in their right mind drive their vehicle in there. stupid:

Infact I have not seen anyone filling from there yet. Most of the times they have few long distance buses parked there.
The IOC bunk recently opened near Kadubesinahalli underpass (Next to Prestige tech park) is OK I guess. I had filled my bike couple of times and found them fine. Had filled car just once that too for Rs 500 so unable to make out the quality. The service road on that side is a mess though.

Adding one more 'trusted fuel pump' to the list from my side: the HP bunk between Forum signal and St. Johns college at the corner.
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...sz=15&t=m&z=15

After switching back from Shell to PSU diesel due to increasing price delta, I regularly fill diesel here. I have consistently noticed that whenever I fill diesel here from this HP bunk, the engine feels smoother and I end up getting marginally better FE for the same traffic pattern, compared to the other PSU bunks I normally use - IndianOil bunk in HSR Layout ORR, and BP bunk opposite IBM on Bannerghatta road.

The staff are also quite no-nonsense and attend to the customer quickly without talking too much. None of that "Cash or card sir??" distractions experienced till date.

If a recommendation for this bunk already exists (too many HP bunks to search for in this thread), my experience just adds on 1 more satisfied customer to that.

HSR Layout HPCL Pump next to BDA complex , about 3 or weeks ago - I asked for full tank diesel, attendant fills only 300/-. Then he wants to make some adjustment on the meter without resetting it so that he can fill up the tank but give me only a single bill.

I ask him to make 2 separate bills - one for 300/- and another after resetting the meter. I used to think this was trusted outlet based on reviews here but I need to be careful from now on !

I have been refueling at the HPCL bunk on the Bellary Main road near CBI office. The bunk is open 24 hours and have had reasonably good experience. May be I am too attentive to try their tricks.

Note: they dont accept cards during night shift (between 11 pm to 6/7 am)

Here is a link from another forum for bangalore bhpians. Any idea's whether this is true or not?

Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=293822047423781

Thanks,
Simple_car

A week ago, filled at IndianOil, near Purva Vantage, HSR. I was asked to 'see' zero, and later given a proper bill. The tdci returned good FE(20+) and the 'tractor under the bonnet' was a bit toned down as well.

http://goo.gl/maps/spd5c

Also, when in NH7 runs, i have filled up a couple of times at IOCL next to EC signal(in the service road). I went there after seeing a lot of construction dippers filling there. Until now no complaints.

http://goo.gl/maps/4M3PG

Once i filled at a HP bunk near Hosur SIPCOT(in Service road, after crossing Hosur when coming from Bangalore). Only after about filling half a tank, i realized that the price was about 40 paise more than Bangalore rates!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 3222926)
HSR Layout HPCL Pump next to BDA complex , about 3 or weeks ago - I asked for full tank diesel, attendant fills only 300/-. Then he wants to make some adjustment on the meter without resetting it so that he can fill up the tank but give me only a single bill.

I ask him to make 2 separate bills - one for 300/- and another after resetting the meter. I used to think this was trusted outlet based on reviews here but I need to be careful from now on !

That chap is a cheat. I have caught him cheating once. He filled fuel worth 500 Rs and billed 1000 Rs once. He thought I wasnt watching, but I was. The only trust worthy and quality worthy bunk in HSR is the BP bunk on 27th main (Samhita).

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place.

The BP COCO on Bannerghatta Road (near Sagar Apollo) has been my trusted pump for a long time. This morning a strange thing happened. The bored attendant almost filled Diesel for my Honda City. I noticed at the last moment (as I watching the ZERO on the meter) and got his to pull out the pipe.

Anyways, what should one do if Diesel gets filled instead of Petrol? Would the engine start? Is it advisable to just call for a tow? How expensive it is to undo the damage? Just curious.

Prasad

@Prasad, call for a tow - get the tank cleaned up.

Relatively, diesel in petrol tank is less damaging than petrol in diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoombiee (Post 3225867)

That chap is a cheat. I have caught him cheating once. He filled fuel worth 500 Rs and billed 1000 Rs once. He thought I wasnt watching, but I was. The only trust worthy and quality worthy bunk in HSR is the BP bunk on 27th main (Samhita).

There is one more IOC bunk near HSR club road. It's trust worthy as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasad14 (Post 3226124)
Anyways, what should one do if Diesel gets filled instead of Petrol? Would the engine start? Is it advisable to just call for a tow? How expensive it is to undo the damage? Just curious.

Prasad

Lucky that you have noticed this before filling.
If you are not starting the engine after doing the mistake, it will not cost much. Detach the tank, remove the wrong fuel from it, clean/dry it and fill the right fuel. Any good mechanic will be able to do this. Only cost will be the labor. On the other hand, if you run the car with the wrong fuel it may cost a bomb. I hope the engine always starts after the wrong fill, as the tank will be having some amount of right fuel. Normally the car will stall after running some distance. Not much sure about the damages, but heard that filling Petrol in Diesel vehicle is more dangerous than Diesel in Petrol.