Team-BHP - Tyre Shop : Hercules Tyres (Sheshadripuram, Bangalore)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/)
-   -   Tyre Shop : Hercules Tyres (Sheshadripuram, Bangalore) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82710-tyre-shop-hercules-tyres-sheshadripuram-bangalore.html)

Products sold:Services offered:What I like:What I don't like:Pricing: Definitely offers a price which is a shade below the other dealers in town.

Speciality : Knows Lenso and Yokohama brands pretty well. Has been invited by the factory to their manufacturing units.So any warranty claims for these brands should never be a problem.

What I have bought from him: Alloy wheels and tires for the last 6 years or so which included my Alto, Baleno, bro's older lancer, Scorpio.

Contact InformationTyre Shop : Hercules Tyres (Sheshadripuram, Bangalore)-map-large.jpg

How big is this guy's alloy wheel collection?

I hate going to JC Road for alloys.

smartcat,

He's a tyre mecca. Alloys come 2nd.

Oh Ok. If you know a place (not in JC road) where I can find a large variety of high quality reasonably priced alloys, create a new thread for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1916041)
Pricing: Definitely offers a price which is a shade below the other dealers in town.

Have to agree with Riju.
This is the pricing I got for 185/70/R13 tyres for Yokohoma A drive.
Rs 2950/Tyre, spoke with Sarvanan. Best pricing
The same tyre in other shops are as follows
Millivisions - 2950Rs - He just quoted, I din't bargain
Tyre Professionals 3150 Rs , This is the final price itseems.

I have had mixed experiences with him, when I got my tyres from him, thanks to Riju, he was very courteous and helpful.

However, after one of my tyres got cut and me purchasing another one and the new tyre then developing a bulge on the sidewall, I went to him to show him and have the tyre replaced, I was not very happy with the way he dealt and till date my tyre is lying at his place.

Such was the experience that after doing a couple of follow ups I never bothered.

On the other hand I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND MADHU's. Even though I have never met Nikhil in person (only interacted over the phone), the response from his team was just too good. Madhu's is the place I would like to head to for my next tyre change/alignment/balancing.

Cheers
Shrey

Prices are not exactly a shade lower than the market. Had to bargain hard on the alloys to bring the price to JC road prices, inspite of going with Riju.

As for the tires that was another messed up deal. Checked later to see that I was overcharged by over Rs.350 for each tire. :Frustrati ....

When I wanted to remove the wheels for wheel balancing.. This happened.... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...heel-shop.html

The nuts were tightened in the most unprofessional manner. Cross-threading!! I had to change the hub studs on the car.

I recommend people not to thread anywhere near Sheshadripuram after that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjr0498 (Post 1916832)
Madhu's is the place I would like to head to for my next tyre change/alignment/balancing.

+1 Heard only good reviews about Madhu's. esp like the fact that he is a Team-Bhpian. If only I knew earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronWolf (Post 1927647)
Prices are not exactly a shade lower than the market. Had to bargain hard on the alloys to bring the price to JC road prices, inspite of going with Riju.

Well if it was, why dint you go to JC road my friend :).Any specific reason why you came to Hercules tires and called me too ? You were free to go to JC Road or any other place for that matter.Common sense !!

Now why I said the prices were cheaper than a few other places, I was quoted 6750 for the Geolander by renowned tire dealers in town.I picked up the same tires with size 255/60/R16 for 6450/- from there.

Quote:

As for the tires that was another messed up deal. Checked later to see that I was overcharged by over Rs.350 for each tire. :Frustrati ....

And you told me that you had checked with a few other dealers in town (whose names I don't want to mention here) and their prices weren't in your budget. This before you came for the tires and alloys. I remember very well coz I had asked you to check with milliivision too, which I don't think you did. Now you come back saying that you paid 350 bucks more, duh !!

Quote:

When I wanted to remove the wheels for wheel balancing.. This happened.... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...heel-shop.html

The nuts were tightened in the most unprofessional manner. Cross-threading!! I had to change the hub studs on the car.

I agree with this !!

Riju,

This review is for Hercules, please don't take it personally. None of this is your fault.

Quote:

Well if it was, why dint you go to JC road my friend :).Any specific reason why you came to Hercules tires and called me too ?
a) We discussed about the place and you said you would join, as you were picking up a set of spare rims for yourself.

Quote:

Any specific reason why you came to Hercules tires
b) Went there cause there were a few good reviews.

Quote:

You were free to go to JC Road or any other place for that matter.Common sense !!
c) I agree I lost my common sense and that in hindsight I should have walked away from the place when I heard the prices for the rims being qouted. <lesson learnt> Then since it came down to market rate of 4k each rim, I decided to just close with it there.

d) Then when it went to Tyre options, we both know how that discussion went. One brother qouted about 3.5k for Apollo Acceleres 195/55/R15. But once fitment was done and it was time for payment the other brother who came later said it was 4k and nothing less and that 3.5k was R14 rate. We both did look at each other in shock as we never even looked at the R14 options.

I had enough for the day and just wanted to pay and drive out of there, trusting the price was right. Only to know later that the price is definitely not a shade below the other dealers in town.

Quote:

Now you come back saying that you paid 350 bucks more, duh !!
350 each tyre and didnt want to mention earlier but I paid 3.4k for a replacement tyre (sidewall damage) a year later. I am consoling myself that there was a price drop over that 1 yr period. ;) No one say anything other wise, please!

Anyway, all that was water under the bridge. I never mentioned this on any review nor on my thread.. till this happened.... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...heel-shop.html (Bad day at the Wheel shop)

Hercules has been a good experience for many, but not for me and apparently not for a few others as well.

Again, this review is for Hercules, please don't take it personally. Peace :)

The quality of the craftsmanship is not that great, my wheel alignment was not done good at all. seems like they dont know how to use their equipments. My steering wheel is not properly in the center, its little to the right when i go straight. I would not recommend this place if you are expect a good job.

Today we cisited Hercules tyres banashankari ring road shop and we found they are good and quoted least price without bargain and we don't bargain in most the deals if found it is fair price.

We visited other shops including Tyre professionals and found Tyre professionals price quote is much more than 10% compared to other shops which is not acceptable at all. Anyway it is business at the end of the day! So looting minded people keep looting more and more and decent fellows make decent money. Thats typical business practise :)

If we shop at Hercules tyre I will come back with my experience.

Ravi.

Hi,

I was looking for a new set of tires for my Getz Prime 1.1 GLE (2007) which has run 56K Kms on stock. Inquired at Hercules and got the following quote:
Michelin XM1+ Energy: Rs.3900 / tyre
Yoko A drive: Rs.3500 / tyre
BS Turanza ER60: Rs.4000 / tyre

The size I am looking for is 175/70 R13.

Do these rates sound reasonable? I surfed around TBHP all day yesterday for prices and found most of them to be out-of-date, so pardon me if I have skipped a post or two :).

Thanks,
NMA

nma why don't you check with other stores also and see what they have to offer ? A quick comparison and you know who is giving you the best price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 2512695)
nma why don't you check with other stores also and see what they have to offer ? A quick comparison and you know who is giving you the best price.

I checked with Millivisions and Tyre professionals about XM1+, A drive, BS ER60. Tyre professionals quoted the highest rates for XM1+ and Yoko (4150 & 3700) and cut the call abruptly :eek:. Found it pretty rude while other shops were ready to answer all queries.
Millivisions quoted 3900, 3700 and 4100 respectively and did mention that there was scope for bargaining.
So it looks like Hercules is offering the lowest. I am only apprehensive about the mixed reviews it has received over here...

Got the Yoko A drives (175/70 R13) yesterday from Hercules. The total bill came to Rs.14600 inclusive of 4-wheel balancing and alignment. Per tyres cost was Rs.3500 and I got 4 tyres since my stephney is as good as new.
The only grouse was I had to wait for an hour because the tyres were not available at the shop (as mentioned by rjstyles too). Quality of work was satisfactory and I would say 'recommended' here.