Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
One can never know until one sees this particular scratch.

In terms of paid labour for servicing, he charges Rs. 1200. I've noticed that he's atleast Rs. 100-200 more expensive than the others in various jobs. Others can chip in with their experiences.
So. can we say, on an average, he charges 10% extra? As long as the difference is less than 15% I wouldn't mind paying that for better job quality and workmanship.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:18   #17
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Yes. 10-15% is a good guess.

And yes, it's because of better quality and workmanship I'm sticking to him even though he is expensive.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:34   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Venkatesh has the tools, skills and the manpower for the above jobs. ..................................

He's good mechanic and a judge for the Palios. Rest assured, he will proved a good assessment for your car once he peaks through the bonnet and test drives it.
.................................................. .........
But overall, he gets the job done and upto your satisfaction and I think thats what matters at the end of the day.

That's a very reassuring post. I will try him out. One day I will just take it to him for analysis and plan the work to be done. Then leave it with him once he has got the spares.

As far as his garage being out-dated/humble/cow-shed etc is considered, believe me, we 4x4 folks have seen worse looking garages but excellent quality inside and we for sure will feel at home in such garages

PS: Is there some code word (Team-BHP Reviews) to be spoken to let him know how we found about him?
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:40   #19
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

PS: Is there some code word (Team-BHP Reviews) to be spoken to let him know how we found about him?
The name Team-BHP is good enough . He knows this forum and PUG very well.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:34   #20
DRC
BHPian

Re: FIAT Workshop - Gowri Automobiles

Thanks JVH for finding him.
Yesterday, I visited him and he could recognize my car and its whole history out of his memory when he used to work on it at hariprasad. It made me a lot more confident.

He promised to fix everything and deliver on monday. Let us see the result.

BTW, his new tel: 9900779333
Old 7th January 2011, 18:45   #21
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Your welcome DRC

Thanks for the heads up on the new telephone number. I'll request mods to add the number. Its been a long time I visited him and need to get the yearly service done.
Old 11th January 2011, 19:28   #22
DRC
BHPian

I am delighted to add a review to this reference. Mods Please move is it is not relavent here.

As I said, past year and a half, I was the owner, driver, mechanic, cleaner and everyone in between for my car which is close to 100K kms (ownership report will follow) for the lack of a good garage. I had subjected it to experiments by myself and many local and TASS mechanics in a hope to find a good one but ot no avail. Trust me, my car had reached a very bad shape.
Yesterday I got the car delivered after service and many fixes which were pending from a long time. I am atmost satisfied with the quality of work. Car has become a lot silent than it was before. all the squeaks, rattles and jingles have disappeared.

Everything JVH has mentioned is true.
1. Venkatesh has great knowledge about the mechanicals. I was thinking all the noise I was hearing was from suspension, but he diagnose it to breaks.
2. Washing and cleaning is so so. Which is OK. Rather It is better to get the washing done else where (see next point)
3. The place stinks. After JVH's heads up, I was prepared for it. But still it is overwhelming.
4. Venkatesh has an uncanny ability to pop the rare to find parts.
5. He is expensive. 15% is an understatement. Just have a look at the bill I have got ...

Brake disc rotors 1 pair -3955
Brake pads -1145 (TVS girling, actual MRP around 625, here twice as expensive)
Caliper Pins set -935
Brake cylinder rear - 685
Oil filter -243 (TASS price 81.06, here 3 times expensive)
Oil -935 (TASS charges 1285 cheaper here)
Timing belt tensioner bearing - 3244
Service -475
wiper arm + rear window faring -650
labour -2950 for brake overhaul, timing belt re assembly.

He knows team BHP has reported him as expensive and he makes the best out of it too.
Try and see how it turns out for your car.

Last edited by DRC : 11th January 2011 at 19:37.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:33   #23
BHPian

DRC, thanks for the review/feedback....

which engine oil was used.. total quartz 5000 or 7000...

are you sure service was charged just Rs.475/-... i heard that regular service costs Rs.1400/-...

sure.. parts + labour looks expensive... even then are you satisfied with the work... could you also please update how the car is running after a months time....
Old 12th January 2011, 10:00   #24
JVH
Senior - BHPian

All you guys owe me a treat now

DRC, glad that it turned out very well with your car. Regarding his charges being expensive, the last time I met him, I had clearly told him about the extra charges but he gave a sheepish grin and said...Saar, nanna kelasa nodi saar, nimage gaadi vaapas kottmele enaadru complaint iddre heli (Sir, have a look at my work, after I hand over the car back to you - just let me know if you have any complaints)

I didn't have any answer to that ;-)
Old 12th January 2011, 17:20   #25
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
All you guys owe me a treat now

DRC, glad that it turned out very well with your car. Regarding his charges being expensive, the last time I met him, I had clearly told him about the extra charges but he gave a sheepish grin and said...Saar, nanna kelasa nodi saar, nimage gaadi vaapas kottmele enaadru complaint iddre heli (Sir, have a look at my work, after I hand over the car back to you - just let me know if you have any complaints)

I didn't have any answer to that ;-)
Sure JVH, Please do come down any time at my place. Venkatesh has great regard that you have written review here.

I am very happy with his work. Also, I do not mind paying some extra money for a good work.
Personally this is what I think
He should put down actual cost of spares honestly. He used TVS girling pads. I saw them being fitted. The packaging mentioned MRP: Rs625. Yet the bill has 1145.

I would not mind paying a thousand rupees more as labour as he does an excellent work. But over pricing the spares is matter of integrity. Some how we need to drive this to him.

He is an enterprising guy and I wish him success.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
DRC, thanks for the review/feedback....

which engine oil was used.. total quartz 5000 or 7000...

are you sure service was charged just Rs.475/-... i heard that regular service costs Rs.1400/-...

sure.. parts + labour looks expensive... even then are you satisfied with the work... could you also please update how the car is running after a months time....
Normal service is rs.1100 bucks including labor for replacing brake pads, wash, replacing timing tensioner bearing, alternator belt and interior light bulb replacement.

Oil, oil filter and air filter was extra.

I had coolant leakage because of a dummy/baffle plate which had to be replaced which required opening the gearbox and clutch for which the charge was 350 for the part and 2200 for labor.
I need to fix front speakers and he called an acquaintance who brought in speakers and fixed it right at his workshop.
Two set of bridgestone tyres was also sourced on my request.

Altogether i avoided unnecessary hassles and enjoyed service one does not get at SVCs or other high profile garages.

Altogether Im one very happy Customer and i give Venkatesh 4 out of 5 for his service.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Normal service is rs.1100 bucks including labor for replacing brake pads, wash, replacing timing tensioner bearing, alternator belt and interior light bulb replacement.

Oil, oil filter and air filter was extra.

I had coolant leakage because of a dummy/baffle plate which had to be replaced which required opening the gearbox and clutch for which the charge was 350 for the part and 2200 for labor.
I need to fix front speakers and he called an acquaintance who brought in speakers and fixed it right at his workshop.
Two set of bridgestone tyres was also sourced on my request.

Altogether i avoided unnecessary hassles and enjoyed service one does not get at SVCs or other high profile garages.

Altogether Im one very happy Customer and i give Venkatesh 4 out of 5 for his service.
thanks Grafin for answering my queries, it really helps...

just one more question, where does he source genuine FIAT spares...as of now TATA/FIAT service centre's are not doing counter sales of FIAT spares.... its just that i want only genuine parts for my car....
Old 26th January 2011, 21:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
thanks Grafin for answering my queries, it really helps...

just one more question, where does he source genuine FIAT spares...as of now TATA/FIAT service centre's are not doing counter sales of FIAT spares.... its just that i want only genuine parts for my car....
He sources his parts from a vendor near to his garage and its all genuine accessories too.

I had replaced the alternator and A/C belt with a locally sourced one befor I came to know about his garage and he made me switch back to the original belts.

You can always be honest and straight forward with him and tell him about your requirements and by all means he will oblige.

PS- He has car pick up and drop service too.
Old 28th January 2011, 13:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
He sources his parts from a vendor near to his garage and its all genuine accessories too.

I had replaced the alternator and A/C belt with a locally sourced one befor I came to know about his garage and he made me switch back to the original belts.

You can always be honest and straight forward with him and tell him about your requirements and by all means he will oblige.

PS- He has car pick up and drop service too.
good to know he is a stickler to original parts...

his workshop in VV puram is quite near to my place... will talk to him about my car service some time one of these weekends..

thanks Grafin for all the feedback.
Old 1st February 2011, 15:16   #30
BHPian

All,

Joining this thread a little late. Actually I have been servicing my car @ Venkatesh's Garage for almost three year. Precisly when he used to work at Hariprasad.

JVH,

Nice to see a thread dedicated to Gowri Automobiles

Last week I had been to his workshop for a routine checkup of my car. He did mention about DRC, Grafin's visit to the workshop for the service.

I agree that he might charge a bit for the amazing knowledge he has on FIAT cars. As earlier said by him "Nanna kelsa nodi ... " makes you smile at him and pay whatever he asks for since once he says a problem is fixed, you dont have to worry about it later

Last edited by ravikn : 1st February 2011 at 15:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks