Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Will suggest you to go the extra mile and get it for the windshield too. To be honest the maximum sunlight enters your car through the windshield. I doubt if you will notice any difference in the heat levels, leaving the windshield out. VK70 is anyways transparent enough to not get you into trouble with the cops. More important is that I have never seen cops check your windshield and rear glass unless you are sporting jet black films. So that part of your investment is safe.
Given the weak headlights of my Hexa, am a bit skeptical of going for one on the windshield as it may slightly hamper night visibility no matter how clear it is. That's the reason why i had left it out.
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: V-Kool Sunfilm Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Given the weak headlights of my Hexa, am a bit skeptical of going for one on the windshield as it may slightly hamper night visibility no matter how clear it is. That's the reason why i had left it out.
I have had 3M film on my windshield for 8 years. You wont notice the difference. I removed it last week because when the car was washed rarely outside, cleaning guys' cleaning of windshield from the inside made it collect scratches. There was lot of glare due to that.

But these films also collect the heat on their surface. Since the films are inside, they would contribute to heat on the inside in whatever minute amount ? Maybe they block most (they should reflect optimally) but when you touch the windows, you see the ones with sun film are hot.
Old 2nd May 2019, 17:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The effect is negligible. 70% visibility is more than adequate even under poorest of lighting conditions. You get an equal benefit of a reduction in the glare from the on-coming vehicles.
Old 5th May 2019, 11:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The effect is negligible. 70% visibility is more than adequate even under poorest of lighting conditions. You get an equal benefit of a reduction in the glare from the on-coming vehicles.
Got an estimate of 30k for vkool X70. Will take a call over the next weekend.
Old 5th May 2019, 11:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got an estimate of 30k for vkool X70. Will take a call over the next weekend.
It will make your night driving a bit more difficult than it already is given the headlights aren't the best there is . Hexa's tall seating position is an advantage as you are less likely to be bothered by glare.

Question : Don't you have roll up screens on the side glass factory fitted?
Old 5th May 2019, 12:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
It will make your night driving a bit more difficult than it already is given the headlights aren't the best there is . Hexa's tall seating position is an advantage as you are less likely to be bothered by glare.

Question : Don't you have roll up screens on the side glass factory fitted?
Those are just nets and only for the rear passengers. Main intention for getting clear tints is to reduce heating caused by IR rays. And without installing it on front windshield which allows maximum heat inside, it wouldn't be efficient. Anyways, i thought of going for tint on all glasses except windshield and observing the changes.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 20:19   #22
BHPian

Re: Sunfilm - V-KOOL (Rajendra Place, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkumarmp View Post
Just got my Innova windshield & Front windows tinted with V-Kool V70 at the service center while I had left it for service, so I am not sure how long they took to install since the car was worked upon as soon as the regular service got done, It was at Ravindu Toyota in Bangalore, total three glasses cost Rs. 13,500/- looks clear, few scratches due to squeegeeing. don't have the faintest idea how to tell its original though, bill from the authorized service center is the only comfort for now. haven't yet checked the heat reduction property to its full potential in sun. will keep posted.
Can't believe it's been 10 years since my last post on this matter and i still have the same car with the same sun shield, the AC sure feels far more homely in this car compared to my other car with more powerful AC, will install same film into my new car too, btw after 10 years now scratches, very clear and only draw back fastag doesn't work through it, had to cut a opening in the film and stick the fastag to work
drkumarmp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks