Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 01:24   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cyclist falls because of his mistake; breaks windshield as vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Should have lodged a complaint with the police. Just shows the inhuman nature of our countrymen. We should not call ourselves civilized.
Cops?! Well, Gurgaon cops would mean a much bigger deal. And much more vengeance if the guys who did it were even remotely apprehended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Its shocking that it happened in sector D market, which is rather busy. And I shop there twice a week!

That said, thank your stars, they didn't use those tools against your dad. They are often in groups and their jhuggies are all nearby. Even then your dad would've had to cough up some cash or endure some violence. You can't fight these mobs.
PS: Rear Windscreen costs much lesser man. <2k for sure.
Exactly. That' why my dad's interaction with him lasted only 5 sec. That drove the guy who take the anger out on the windshield.

About the windshield cost, let me double check the amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Good that your dad is safe. No gain in stooping to low level as others. In fact your Dad is lucky. Things could have been a lot worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
"Welcome to Gurgaon" is all I can say with respect to this incident. You might be new to this city but my parents and I (to some extent) are familiar about everything.
PS – Thank god your parents didn’t take out ANHC that day.
Well, we've been in Gurgaon since 5 years now so know it works. The first thing my dad told me when I arrived in G'gaon was "no matter what happens on the road, shut up and end the matter. If it means paying up, do it."

Humanity is a disgrace out there.

N yea, thank god about the ANHC. But then we've feelings for the Zen too

@ All, thanks for the concern!
Old 31st May 2011, 06:23   #17
BHPian

Nowerdays parking too in hawking, possessive zones invites trouble in Blore. I have seen in front of my eyes a hawker nailing a car tyre for parking nearby his temporary stall and next when we went to park in a residential neighbourhood with no parking symbols, there was a rukus, they said we cannot park in that road, it is a private road. A big arguement ensued with expletives, only when i revealed that i was in civil defence and i was going to NDTV to submit invitation, than the so called president of the locality toned down. Otherwise some damage would have been unleashed on my brand new car. What do we do in such cases ? Any proactive or reactive steps is in order by co-owners like us ?
Old 31st May 2011, 08:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

^^

Well, an "eye-for-eye" attitude simply doesn't work here.

Isn't the "you took my/asked me to move from a parking slot, I'll scratch your car" attitude too common?!

I may be too defensive but sometimes you just have to let it go. Do what you know is right and hope for the best.

A damaged reputation/physical harm is not worth it; just shell out some cash and get the car back to how it was.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 09:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

UKD - its lucky they bought your civil defense logic. Else at the end of the day, for most people, the hard reality is the cost of fixing their cars.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 09:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

I would react according to the area. If there is some hostility around, I would better spend a few minutes to find a secure parking area than risk spending a few grand on the car or heavens forbid even worse, in the hospital when some low life decides to let off some steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
when we went to park in a residential neighbourhood with no parking symbols, there was a rukus, they said we cannot park in that road, it is a private road.
I can understand and adhere to no parking signs put up on the roadside, but what are private roads within the city? There are a few such signs put up in residential areas and I am sure that these roads are not private or owned by the society. Are these termed as private by the residents in the area and is this legal?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 09:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
UKD - its lucky they bought your civil defense logic. Else at the end of the day, for most people, the hard reality is the cost of fixing their cars.
Well the fight was bitter to the finish literally, just imagine in the heart of the city a road is turned into a private property by the association, outsiders are not allowed to park. As a civil defence sector warden we enjoy some immunity, and of course our role being on voluntary basis, nevertheless we are under oath to protect people and property

Quote:
I can understand and adhere to no parking signs put up on the roadside, but what are private roads within the city? There are a few such signs put up in residential areas and I am sure that these roads are not private or owned by the society. Are these termed as private by the residents in the area and is this legal?
This is one issue that we have to face in Blore, as per law apartment complexes are supposed to provide space for visitors parking rather than on the roadside. Under such circumstance when in residential area, they put up a no parking sign on the boundaries of their wall is real shocking, and ultimately everybody follows the neighbours idea and puts up a sign board converting the entire road in private road, have they paid crores to buy the road is the issue in the heart of the city. We should ask them documentation for ownership of the road LOLZ

Last edited by benbsb29 : 31st May 2011 at 12:05. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use Multi quote button when replying to more than one post.
Old 1st June 2011, 01:35   #22
BHPian

Such incidents do happen from time to time. There was one incident when we were returning home from a shopping mall in Chennai in our Palio. As we approached adyar, there was an Apache parked right across the road (it was quite late, and the road was desolate). There were 2 guys standing near the bike and chatting. My father was driving, and since we couldn't proceed forward because the bike was blocking nearly this side of the road (it was a road with a median), he got down and asked them to move it.

One of the guys came up and told my father "I can't move it, what'll you do?" in abusive Tamil. My father then picked up his phone (he is well built, and does fight back, but we asked him to hold back since we were with the entire family) and started calling the cops. The other guy then came and moved the bike out of the way. We just moved on.

Being a son, I was infuriated at seeing some roadside miscreant talking that way to my father. I even thought of coming back and giving him a piece of my mind and a couple of slaps. But then again, that would wash away the difference between us and them.

Some things never change, and I think this vandalism/rowdyism is one of them. There is, unfortunately, not much one can do to eradicate it. Half of it is caused by youngsters who think rowdyism is cool. In what way, I do not know.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The subsurface anarchy is the only reason why i am putting out x amount of rupees instead 1/8th of that on petrol, which could be mine if i moved to GGN, rather than stick to delhi.
Its a big pinch every tank-up, but the perceived peace of mind living in delhi is priceless, at least for me.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Its a big pinch every tank-up, but the perceived peace of mind living in delhi is priceless, at least for me.
Exactly, we have residence in both Delhi and Gurgaon and Delhi is a lot better place to live than Gurgaon. There is less crime here in the capital compared to millennium city. Not only this water, electricity condition is also very good in Delhi.

Though I love Gurgaon as it belongs to Haryana and it’s my hometown but the arrogant attitude of people here puts my mind off. And IMO all this is happening because of those big malls, restaurants, high property value, MNCs etcetera.

I wish things could change but they will get even worsen with time.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

@libran: Your account of what your Dad and car had to go through was a shocking read! I wish you all will get out of the trauma soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Half of it is caused by youngsters who think rowdyism is cool. In what way, I do not know.
Well, the movies down here show how cool rowdyism is. Youngsters (I'm not exactly old) who have nothing better to do end up behaving like their on-screen "heros".

Every day I make it back home without a scratch to myself or my car is another day for which I'm eternally grateful to the universe. Reading through this thread, though, Hyderabad seems like paradise in comparison to Gurgaon.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 18:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Faith in humanity : well, that's mostly a joke considering the labour class in NCR.

NCR continues to amaze me.
I was in ambiance mall today with my friends for a mate’s birthday party. We were discussing the strange behavior of people in this city (NCR) on our way out of the mall.

To take a note of any change in people’s behavior I went (in my car) to an Auto rickshaw wallah just outside ambiance and asked him the route to Dhaula Kuan (I know every place of NCR; this was just for testing); the chap who was reading a newspaper told me ‘PATA NAHI’.

I moved on and asked another auto rickshaw guy at Shankar chowk and asked him the same question; the chap didn’t even reply.

I moved on a few hundred meters and asked another auto rickshaw guy before I finally head for sec-5 that I am new here and want to go to Delhi i.e. Dhaula Kuan; the guy self-started his auto and ran away.

(The incident reminds me of the movie “Dulhe Raja” when Kadar khan was running behind Govinda and every auto/taxi guy was behaving in strange way).

I hardly sit/use auto rickshaws service (or any other mode of public transport) but was surprised to see the reaction of these three guys. I am hardly few KMs away from the point which is quite famous and these guys say they don’t know where dhaula kuan is?

I am Very disappointed to see the behavior/attitude of these guys; they must be exploiting newbies and looting with their charges.
Old 15th September 2011, 18:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am hardly few KMs away from the point which is quite famous and these guys say they don’t know where dhaula kuan is?

I am Very disappointed to see the behavior/attitude of these guys; they must be exploiting newbies and looting with their charges.
These guys will seem interested only if you give them business. I don't know about Delhi but here in Gurgaon, *most* of the labour class has neither ever known humanity nor ever learnt any manners. And there are tons of these rich guys; most probably by sale of land and they are nothing less than uneducated and egoistic gundas.

I agree - lot's of venom for a place I live in - unfortunately, Gurgaon never gave me a choice.

When in Gurgaon - you are on your own.
Old 16th September 2011, 17:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To take a note of any change in people’s behavior I went (in my car) to an Auto rickshaw wallah just outside ambiance and asked him the route to Dhaula Kuan (I know every place of NCR; this was just for testing); the chap who was reading a newspaper told me ‘PATA NAHI’.......
Arreeee! That's your mistake right there in bold up above

Though its a little surprising that not even one out of the three auto-wallahs assisted you but then its possible, however remote.

But don't we see this in movies all the time, a guy waving a 100/500/1000 rupee note and getting answers to almost everything whereas there's this someone in dire need but no one gives a damn.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 00:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Arreeee! That's your mistake right there in bold up above

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Though its a little surprising that not even one out of the three auto-wallahs assisted you but then its possible, however remote.
It is of course surprising and strange experience for me. I do ask auto wallahs for routes in Delhi also but things are different in
Gurgaon. Those guys were 'actually too rude' in comparison to guys here in Delhi.

The problem is not for people like me who are aware of the city but for people who are new to the city.

PS - Google maps rocks.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:10   #30
BHPian

If i am not wrong every single person in India who drives do tailgate. Some are willingly do and some are forced by other motorists. This is the main reason for majority of the accidents. people dont keep a feet of gap between its next nearest vehicle.

libranof1987, I feel sorry for your dad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks