Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:11   #31
BHPian

Re: My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!

How do you calculate calories burnt on these since its not complete manual effort ? I find riding my normal cycle on flat roads not so useful from fitness point of view for 25 kms
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
How do you calculate calories burnt on these since its not complete manual effort ? I find riding my normal cycle on flat roads not so useful from fitness point of view for 25 kms
That's an easy one. I use the following devices to track progress

1. Apple Watch 6 (This alone is enough to track the progress). Please see screenshots of details. I kept a target of 600 calories per day which is now increased to 900 calories a day.

I am consistently beating 900 calories per day. Will increase it to 1000 calories from today and so and so forth.

2. Strava App- Great app to track progress of your rides and also helps in getting motivated and inspired looking at friend's progress.

Also, try to ride on elevation to some extend. My ride is usually between 200 feet to 600 feet in elevation which accordingly to professional cyclists is simple. But, I find it hard without the pedal assist.

Monthly view- Target is to close the rings which is a combination of exercise, standing and other physical activity.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9032.png

Daily view with calorie burnt details- With full details and each can be further drilled down

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9033.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9034.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9035.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd October 2022 at 22:49.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 07:07   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Apple Watch 6 (This alone is enough to track the progress). Please see screenshots of details. I kept a target of 600 calories per day which is now increased to 900 calories a day.
2. Strava App- Great app to track progress of your rides and also helps in getting motivated and inspired looking at friend's progress.
Do you start both the Apple Watch tracker and Strava at the start of the cycling session? From the last screenshot, it looks like that. I normally start the Strava session on the watch when out for cycling, and on return when the phone is back in range, it will update the Apple Activity app seamlessly. I find the Strava app on the watch more accurate as it is really quick to auto-pause at traffic signals and random stops.
Old 4th October 2022, 07:42   #34
BHPian

What locks are you using to secure the ride? Bike theft is pretty rampant in USA. Numerous of my friends and their friends have lost theirs due to theft. It's pretty common out there, in fact there is a bicycle registry that my friends use known as "Bike Index" where the owners register their bicycle and learn tips to secure their bikes and see list of stolen bikes. They generally take their batteries with them and use two locks, because sometimes they take tyres if not the whole bike.

One of the forwards in my friends group on whatsapp.
Attached Thumbnails
My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-whatsimg.jpg  

Old 4th October 2022, 09:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Do you start both the Apple Watch tracker and Strava at the start of the cycling session? From the last screenshot, it looks like that. I normally start the Strava session on the watch when out for cycling, and on return when the phone is back in range, it will update the Apple Activity app seamlessly. I find the Strava app on the watch more accurate as it is really quick to auto-pause at traffic signals and random stops.
Nice observation and thanks for the tip. Your guess is correct.

Before starting each ride, I start the Strava App (on iPhone) and then Apple Watch Fitness App is started. I also reset the bike trip meter each time (as my target for each ride is 15 miles).

I will try starting the Strava app on my Apple Watch but, how do I upload pictures of the ride (sometimes I upload pictures/videos of that particular ride)?

I use the sling bag (pictured in pic below) and drop the phone into that bag when riding and whenever I stop for rest ( I make sure its at some scenic location so I can click pictures/video etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
What locks are you using to secure the ride?
I don't use any locks at all.

Thankfully, we have a 2-car garage (with enough space to keep the bike as well.

Apart from above, our home is in a secured 75-homes community and area where burglaries are uncommon.

We also use RING security system with following security features :

1. Front Door Camera (I can view entire front of home through my iPhone or Apple Watch from anywhere in the world)

2. Sensor based Notifications (Notifications on my iPhone and Apple Watch)

3. Motion Sensor Flood Lights- Front Side (Installed) + Both Sides of Home (Installed) + Backside (Need to Install)

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9077.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th October 2022 at 09:40.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 09:47   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nice observation and thanks for the tip. Your guess is correct.

Before starting each ride, I start the Strava App (on iPhone) and then Apple Watch Fitness App is started. I also reset the trip meter each time (as my target for each ride is 15 miles).

I will try starting the Strava app on my Apple Watch but, how do I upload pictures of the ride (sometimes I upload pictures/videos of that particular ride)?
I also carry the phone when out for a ride (pictures on the way, coffee breaks, etc.). But for ride tracking with the watch app, see the below picture

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_20221004_120610.jpg
  1. Strava app on the watch (in the picture, I have it as the top-left shortcut)
  2. Select the outdoor ride
  3. Once completed swipe right and click Finish to end the session
  4. Save the session.
You will see the workout updated in your Strava app on the iPhone, you can then add photos to the workout from the phone (like how you do normally from the phone app). The workout will also show up in your Activity app automatically.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 01:17   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
  1. Strava app on the watch (in the picture, I have it as the top-left shortcut)
  2. Select the outdoor ride
  3. Once completed swipe right and click Finish to end the session
  4. Save the session.
You will see the workout updated in your Strava app on the iPhone, you can then add photos to the workout from the phone (like how you do normally from the phone app). The workout will also show up in your Activity app automatically.
Thanks so much. I will try this method next time.

Yesterday, I had a small incident. I was riding and was not holding the handle bar firmly and was resting my palms and at maybe around 18mph, I hit a pothole.

Thwaaaaaaack !!!

I got a jerk and went off the trail into the grass and did everything possible to control the bike and get it back on course and try not to hit 2 ladies walking on the trail (same direction as mine). I managed to do all this successfully and brushed passed the ladies and they didn't even realize my struggle to stay on course.

And, bike went dead. I panicked and realized the battery pack on frame has come out. I had lost balance because the battery pack came out of the frame. I pushed it back in slot and bike immediately came to life (digital screen)

In hindsight, It was comic.

Since yesterday, I have a little pain in my lower back on right (just above the right leg) and decided not to ride for 2-3 days till I feel better.

Lesson Learnt- Always grip the handle bar firmly and also keep the eyes on the road. But, I get so carried away with beautiful nature here that it's hard to keep eyes on road.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th October 2022 at 01:20.
Old 5th October 2022, 23:14   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Wish you all a Happy Dussera 2022

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9108.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9117.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9109.jpg
Old 12th October 2022, 22:57   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

600 Miles Completed

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9482.jpg

The bike is such a pleasure to ride that I am cranking out 20 mile rides. Apart from smoothness of bike, my stamina is increasing and using less and less of pedal assist.

I improved from 3 miles to all the way to 10 miles wherein I don't use pedal assist at all. I ride with Pedal Assist-0 which is equivalent to a normal bicycle.

10 miles was an achievement for me and I was exhausted. my next target is 15 miles without pedal assist.

A query to cyclists on forum- with a combination of 0 pedal assist and pedal assist, I am clocking the following timing :

1 hour, 20 mins ( 80 mins) to complete 20 miles. Is this good?

What is your typical time to cover similar distances?

The colors out here in Seattle is exploding due to Fall Season. It deserves a small photo shoot with the White Lightening.

All these pictures are around my home community and around.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9355.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9438.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9350.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9363.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9485.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9442.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9348.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_9341.jpg
Old 2nd November 2022, 22:49   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
600 Miles Completed
My rear brake rotor has gone free and I have lost rear brakes.

I took a picture of my rotor, and it appears its a center lock system, but with the wrong rotor. i.e. somebody at priority installed a wrong rotor type during assembly.

Can you take a closeup picture of your rear brake disk for me and post?

Something like this
My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_8365.jpg

I want to see what type of rotor you have.
Old 3rd November 2022, 01:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Can you take a closeup picture of your rear brake disk for me and post?
Here you go !!

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_0872.jpg
Old 29th November 2022, 08:42   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

750 Miles Update

It’s exactly 3-months since I got the “White Lightening” and it’s been a smooth and pleasurable ride.

Initially days, I was pretty regular in riding as it was peak of summer but, as the fall set in and now heading into winters the riding has slowed down quite a bit due to the cold weather.

Despite traveling for work and pleasure in the last 3-months, it’s still a 250-miles per month average. Not bad, eh?

From now until the weather gets better early next year, my aim is to ride at least 2-3 times a week and keep a target of 40 Miles/Week.

Bike has been working smoothly and there are absolutely zero issues. I generally sneak out in the afternoon between meetings for a ride and since I am riding against time, only thing I miss in the bike is a clock in the interface as checking time on wrist with jackets on is bit of a hassle.

On Thanksgiving day, We had a mini Team-BHP meet as I hosted a dinner get together at home.

I invited BHPians Amol4184 and Ashir for this meet who love outdoor activities, before we settle down to enjoy some good food, I had planned a ride to burn some calories.

Post a 15 miles ride, we enjoyed a lovely thanksgiving party at home until wee hours of night.

A few pictures of from Thanksgiving Ride and also a few from recent past.

Cheers to riding bikes. !!!

750 Miles completed.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-2.jpg

All set for the ride on thanksgiving day

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2143.jpg

3 Musketeers..

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2174.jpg

Favorite lake on the trail.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2162.jpg

Trail looked like doomsday as plenty of large trees were uprooted from its base due to a recent storm.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2176.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2165.jpg

Amol, Mobike008, Ashir.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2158.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2156.jpg

White Lightening-Looks beautiful in white..doesnt she?

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2160.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2155.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2175.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_2172.jpg

A few pictures from yesterday's 15 mile ride. Glorious sunshine coupled with 0 Degree centigrade weather.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_1813-2.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-9.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-8.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-7.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-6.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-5.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-3.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-11.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_1859-2.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-2-copy.jpg
Old 11th July 2023, 22:10   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Can you believe it? I did not ride even once in 2023 till a couple of days ago?

I'm completely to be blamed. It was due to multiple reasons- Primary being my laziness, work, travel and cold weather.

Either ways, I had closed 2022 with 930 miles to the kitty in a short span of 3- months (August-November).

I resumed riding last weekend and decided to continue as much as I can this summer (Good weather is typically there until Oct-end).

Kicked off the 2023 Summer season with 2 consecutive rides of 10 miles each on the trail next to home.

It's tough as the stamina is shot to hell and 10 miles feels like 100 miles.

Primary reason to kick start is - Tour de France on Netflix. I thought F1 and MotoGP is competitive. But, cycling is next level. Totally loved the show.

Cheers to Riding !!!

Day 1- 10 Miles

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_5945.jpg

Day 2- 10 Miles. Zoom the statistics and you can see I am so close to hitting 1000 miles to the odometer. Plan is to hit that number before this weekend.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Yellow Flower beds on the trail...

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_5922.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_5930.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-8.jpg

Plenty of beautiful lavender flowers on the trail.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-7.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-6.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_5936.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-5.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-4.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-9.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender-10.jpg
Old 28th July 2023, 07:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

This beautiful bike was delivered to me on August 20th, 2022.

I rode it diligently through early December 2022 and had covered nearly 900 miles in this short span.

Then winter came that lasted until April and then after that rain and cold didn't go away until almost June, 2023. ( I know these are all excuses but, weather plays a big role out here). I started riding just a couple of weeks ago and last week completed a milestone.1000 Miles in roughly about 5 odd-months. Not bad for a couch potato, eh?

1000 Miles or 1600 kms in 5-months.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-fullsizerender.jpg

Old 21st March 2024, 00:51   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh- It's been almost 9-months since I updated this thread last.

It's been a terrible 2023 with too much travel and bad weather that didn't present too many opportunities to ride the bike.I plan to correct that situation in 2024 as the weather is slowly getting better. Hopefully, from April until October, we should have some good weather so riding a bike will be pleasurable.

I klck started the 2024 riding season with about 3 rides in the last 1-week and covered at an average of 15 miles for each ride. The objective for 2024 is to ride at least 1000 miles which means with the 36 weeks left in this year, it would mean that I should average at least 30 miles per week which doesn't seem that tough.

A few pictures from these rides this week and last week on my favorite trail behind home.

P.S : Don't miss the background of the majestic snow capped mountains that is clearly visible from the trail on a clear and sunny day.

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_4134.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3838.jpeg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3826.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3840.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3832.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3842.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3836.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_4130.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3834.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3829.jpg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_4129.jpeg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3824.jpeg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3819.jpeg

My Priority Current e-BIKE a.k.a White Lightening Review | A journey to a Fit Life!-img_3847.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks