Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 09:09   #31
BHPian

Take a look at the Jazz Brochure. They show a picture of bicycle in the back in standing position and that too without any wheels removed.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Buy a Tata Ace ... get it modded by DC and you'll have a A/c vehicle to transport more than half a dozen cycles and will still cost less than the Fit/Jazz
Deepak - Tht was on a lighter note. But seriously, the Jazz is the solution for you and is no doubt one of the most practical hatches today. I'll suggest to take the dimensions of your bikes and go with a measure tape to the showroom. Better call up a TD car to your place and actually try to fit the bike and see.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:00   #33
BHPian

I think Getz,Fusion,Jazz and Wagon R to some extent can ferry bicycles without any sweat . Every sunday we carry 2 kids bicycle fit for 6-7 yrs olds to the local park were my kids play in my Getz. The amount of Space once the rear seats folded and placed upright is amazing .
Old 8th July 2010, 11:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

The Jazz should be able to do it. And the WagonR also I believe.

Doubt the Fusion, because it ain't tall enough to be able to transport the bikes standing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
With all the 4 seats in reclined position, my car gives me the flat bed comfort
This was one of the strong points in the Waggy's favour when we were planning to buy one 5 years ago. Apart from the fact that we loved the WagonR's looks and the practicality.

With the new WagonR, looks like Suzuki not only screwed up the looks, but also plonked in a smaller engine, that ain't good enough for the task. Someone should tell them about the old adage, 'Don't fix what ain't broken".
Old 8th July 2010, 12:39   #35
BHPian

[OT] Wasn't that a Chevy HHR you were carrying the cycles on ? Very interested in what made you buy that one in the US? or was it a rental ?? [/OT]
Back to the topic, I would suggest you to go for a Waggy as everyone has said. Only the current waggy does not have split seats.I have a geared BSA bike gathering dust for the last two years. I had once cleaned it and tried to fit it into my wife's Zen Estilo to take it to the bike service guy and I could only just manage it without scratching the interiors. To be safe, I would suggest an Indigo Marina, you could even try mounting it on the roofrail in addition to try to fit it inside. Its a wonderful (good-looking as well) car which does not sell well despite being so practical - cheaper alternative to the Jazz of course.Don't mind the fact that it's old. It's just too good.
Yes, The Jazz is just superb in the space aspect.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
I
And for reference as to how risky bikes on the back rack are, I have pics that I took when I was traveling with my bikes in the US. Its the same rack that I use here too. You get rear ended and the bikes are gone. No insurance either.

So pgsagar, its not really a stupid question is it?
Ouch!
I can see one of the bikes is a Bianchi, what was the other make? Sorry about the serious loss of coin there.

Standard roof rails, available widely (and installed widely without any use) could also be used, with the bike lying prone on the roof.

Last edited by pradster : 8th July 2010 at 13:14.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:17   #37
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite out of point.

If one wanted to spend the kind of money one does on a Jazz and carry two bycycles in them in comfort one could actally buy a
Scorpio, or a
Grande MKII, or a
Xylo, or a
Safari even

and all of these would carry not just two bicycles with the front tyres removed, but with the front tyres in place infact. I have carried two bicycles in my safari on a couple of instances.

Somehow the Jazz is not worth the money and fleixi space and carrying capacity does not change this much.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:11   #38
BANNED

@arunkk

I know the Jazz will do it. was wondering if any other would do it. Would love an AT, and only the 120 has one I think.

@p'arth
Sorry, was a bit abrupt. I realize that it was in a lighter vein. Yes, I think the time has come to try out the cars.

@rm_arjuna

Folded up seats reduce the length. Was facing that issue when I tred the Outlander, but it was not so in the Captiva, where the seats fold flat [I think].

@supremeBaleno

Dont mind the non split seats - hate the looks though. Brother has a Fusion. Will check it out.

@rpmx1000

Never lived in the US. It was a rental when I was on vacation, and I have no idea what car it was. It was pretty nice though. Will test drive the Marina. Thanks.

@pradster

Other is a Cannondale but I would like to carry touring bikes too. They are heavy and cumbersome to mount on rooftop racks. Also like I said, I want to be able to keep bikes inside the car at night.

BTW, no loss of coin. YET. Thats what I want to prevent.

@ACM

Want a small car which I can use easily in Indiranagar. Having owned a scorpio as well as an Innova, I really would not like that size again.

Thanks all. Will try and cycle to the Hyundai and Honda dealers and check out in person.

Does anyone know if the i20 has flat folding seats or do they fold up against the front seat backrests?

BTW, here is a pic of a estate Peugot or Citroen that I had rented a while ago. See how it takes 2 bikes as well as huge luggage? Hoping that the Marina would be able to do something like this.

Alos this had split seats and my daughter sat in the back left seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Which hatch in India can carry a cycle in standing position?-img_0196.jpg  

Old 8th July 2010, 16:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Deepak , just saw this on Economic times and couldn't help posting.
Only if Honda, starts selling it in India. This would be the perfect answer to your needs, though Jazz will come close second.
Honda's all new compact Multi-Wagon 'Freed Spike' - Pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times

Just saw a wagonR parked outside, couldn't help noticing the length of the car. I doubt if it can the bike in completely. Did you checked out the Fusion yet?
Old 8th July 2010, 16:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau
Just saw a wagonR parked outside, couldn't help noticing the length of the car. I doubt if it can the bike in completely.
Same observation here - checked out a WagonR parked in the parking area when I went down for the coffee-break an hour ago. Looks like it isn't long enough for a bike.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

TATA XENON will take care of your requirement. It can carry 4-5 cycles comfortably
Old 8th July 2010, 16:56   #42
BANNED

Hey - thats fantastic. If only Honda launches in India. It should sell well too if priced right.

Yes, just saw a friends WagonR and at a glance saw that its too short for bikes. Fusion, I'll check over the weekend.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Bike rack: Roof?Hitch?Thule?Yakima - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

This is a Honda Fit. Is the Jazz identical to the Honda fit? Any other hatch which has a full flat folding rear seat system, with a longer deck area?
The front wheel of the cycle is removed, so it is not very correct to say that a cycle can fit into a Honda Fit
Old 8th July 2010, 18:18   #44
BHPian

I've carried this cycle in standing position in wagon R with rear seats folded, without removing the front wheel. the passenger seat had to be pushed fully in front.
Attached Thumbnails
Which hatch in India can carry a cycle in standing position?-475609204_e5d1a93504.jpg  

Last edited by echo77 : 8th July 2010 at 18:19.
echo77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2010, 00:53   #45
Team-BHP Support

IMO, if you can afford it, the Jazz is the best hatch when it comes to space and versatility! It's a fantastic piece of kit. You could move your whole house with just a few trips! The 60:40 split is very useful and the boot is massive even without folding the seats! And not to mention, the rear seats can be folded flat and it sits flush, turning it into a flat bed!

Yes, it is expensive. But it's still the best hatch that (lots of) money can buy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks