Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 09:47   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

CASKA's new range of Head-Units

CASKA's new range of Head-Units-caska-picture.jpg

High Points

- Caska launches the Reddrive Smart Series through its Indian partner Auto Trendz. The product is a multimedia tech system which will be available across India from June 2011 onwards, with price points varying between Rs. 31990 – 49990.

- This product is targeted at those who want to use ipods, iphones, browse through television channels and also read books digitally, all within their vehicles. It will also provide a full touch screen navigation system with India mapping. The system is based on WIN CE 6.0.

- Caska will soon launch the E-car system, which will be based on 3G services & supports the incoming concept of telematics.

- Targets to sell 50,000 units by December 2011 through 20 distributors and over 200 dealers of Auto Trendz.

Existing Threads on Caska:

CASKA's new range of Head-Units-caska-features-1.jpg

CASKA's new range of Head-Units-caska-features-2.jpg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 14:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: CASKA's new range of Head-Units

..wonder how the sound quality would be?
Old 13th May 2011, 09:21   #3
BHPian

While taking the delivery of my new Fortuner a few days, the accessories guy at the showroom was hell bent on selling me a caska HU for 49500/-
He was strongly insisting that it should go well with the car rather than the factory fitted 6 CD changer.

The caska HU had features like preloaded sat nav, blue tooth, dvd, et al.

The salesman said these HU are assembled in Bangalore.

The interface and the touch screen looked pretty decent.

But what got me was the price tag for a 'made in India' / 'assembled in India' ICE; and of course the desperation of the sales guy to sell me one. Maybe they have higher margins on these.

One thing for sure though, I would lay my buck on a tried & tested Alpine/ Pioneer anyway.
Old 15th May 2011, 03:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: CASKA's new range of Head-Units

I would get the Caska anyday, since it offers a HIGH level of aesthetic value, blending into the interior and looking like it came like that from the factory.
Besides it's the second closest you could get to having a Car PC in the car, with all it's functions mimicking one. (first being an actual car PC itself :-P)
Old 15th May 2011, 11:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have a Caska 2din HU in my Dad's i10. The model number is CX-D7982BT. The display though decent is a little dull in bright sunlight. The bluetooth microphone has low sensitivity. Other than these issues I am very happy with the unit. the sound quality is definitely decent and the features are good. The price at 10.5K, is pretty good too! For those on a budget, good option.
Old 17th May 2011, 00:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for inadvertently misleading members! The headunit I have is a Convex not Caska! Apologies!
Old 7th June 2011, 12:41   #7
BHPian

Any idea if there is a CASKA unit for Chevy Optra?
Old 8th June 2011, 07:27   #8
BHPian

Hello People,

I am looking for a Caska unit for my Manza. Are there any such units available which replace the Manza HU and integrates well in there or are there any face plates that can be put in Manza to replace the stock HU as I need Sub and my JBL GTO to perform well without any hickups and would love to have a touch screen system there.
Old 15th October 2012, 13:02   #9
BHPian

Sorry to bump up old thread, Have we got any long term ownership experience of these units ? Are they lasting for a while, since they are very expensive, I would expect them to give very long life.
I am planning to buy one for my duster (yet to deliver though), it is about 50K :-(

I checked other mentioned threads, but didn't get any idea about GPS.

How it is holding signal and working, Can we keep maps updated ?
Old 15th October 2012, 13:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have been a happy Caska user since last one year. What i like about these systems is they are all in one. Video/Radio/Audio/Sat+Nav/Bluetooth.

Do we have a similar featured system in Pioneer or some other well known brand?

What i only miss is support for multiple file formats when it comes to music and Video for example (mp3, flac etc etc), and (avi, divx, xvid, m2ts, mkv, mp4).
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 21:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
I have been a happy Caska user since last one year. What i like about these systems is they are all in one. Video/Radio/Audio/Sat+Nav/Bluetooth.

Do we have a similar featured system in Pioneer or some other well known brand?

What i only miss is support for multiple file formats when it comes to music and Video for example (mp3, flac etc etc), and (avi, divx, xvid, m2ts, mkv, mp4).
How is gps holding, I read couple of times it has mmi and sat nav
What they are supporting now
, have you ever updated maps in it
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks