Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:56   #1
BHPian

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz

Finally ICE'd my Ritz!!!
Was on the agenda for so long. I had been reading on this forum and other places on what to get...had been to a few dealers with my requirements. Most of them had no clue and were confused themselves. Whenever I used to tell them what I wanted they would tell me...Sir take this, this is the best ...dont worry it will sound great and when I asked about some technicalities they would be stumped.

So after reading on the forum about Ramie and Sound factor I finally decided to give him a call. He greeted me very pleasantly and asked me to come over to his place in Kandivali.

It was indeed a pleasure meeting him and after some chit chat he asked me about the kind of music I listened to. He said that was important so that the ICE is to my liking. On hearing about my likes he suggested the set up I should get. Out went my initial thoughts about Pioneer/ JBL set up( which a lot of members had advocated here) and eventual set was as follows:

JVC HU (has front USB/Aux in)
Powerbass L 60C x components in front
Illusion EL693 6x9" rear speakers with parcel tray

The total cost including wiring was Rs 14600. I did not get an amp and sub as that was out of my budget. But it is amazing what the above set up is producing. The sound is absolutely fantastic. Before setting up the system Ramie bhai actually explained how the set up would be done. It really made me trust totally on him (I had already read how he had worked wonders with other set ups).

The set up took around 3 hours and I actually witnessed Ramie bhai and his friendly staff going about their work with precision. The whole experience was very satisfying. A very big thank you to him and thank god I did not go to some dealer who was just there to sell his stuff
Old 27th May 2011, 11:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz

I have a new Ritz too and am looking up on info here at Team-BHP on various Ritz ICE setups. Please post pictures of your setup. I have never heard of Powerbass. Is it something new or some spinoff of a major audio equipment maker?
Old 1st June 2011, 10:38   #3
BHPian

I have uploaded some pics for the set up. Unfortunately did not take any during the install so I have taken the pic of the front components from the net.
Attached Thumbnails
Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-l_60cx.jpg  

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-img_0465.jpg  

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-img_0466.jpg  

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-img_0467.jpg  

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-img_0468.jpg  

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-img_0469.jpg  

Sweet sound of ICE in my Ritz-img_0470.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 10:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I have a new Ritz too and am looking up on info here at Team-BHP on various Ritz ICE setups. Please post pictures of your setup. I have never heard of Powerbass. Is it something new or some spinoff of a major audio equipment maker?
Even I had never heard of Powerbass. It was on Ramie bhai's suggestion that I went for it. The sound seems pretty clear and so far I am happy with it. I do think you should go to an installer who knows the technicalities and would advise you based on your preference of genre.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:56   #5

@ank1477 nice setup simple and i can feel it very good for the budget you invested
Old 1st June 2011, 19:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Powerbass is a decently known budget/mid-level ICE maker in USA. They do lots of SPL competitions and are quite popular among the teens in USA who want more boom for their buck.
I have recommended Powerbass speakers in 2-3 cars (relatives' cars) and I am quite happy with the sound they produce. Good value for money products.

PS: They are not an spin-off of another brand.
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Powerbass is a decently known budget/mid-level ICE maker in USA. They do lots of SPL competitions and are quite popular among the teens in USA who want more boom for their buck.
I have recommended Powerbass speakers in 2-3 cars (relatives' cars) and I am quite happy with the sound they produce. Good value for money products.

PS: They are not an spin-off of another brand.
Thanks for the information. Pleased to hear that it is well known (at least in USA)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks