Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 20:29   #1
BHPian

Are There Fake Morel Elates N Mumbai ?

Hi guys, i was about to buy a new set of components for my car , and while searching, i got to know from a friend in mumbai that one of his trusted friend is who is a car audio shop owner can arrange a brand new morel elate6 for 21500/-

while PTC sells this for ridiculous prices here, but i can still get them for 40k here with bill and warranty .

My friend tested the morel elates who by the way also have the discontinued version of dyn audio system 240 or 242 for same price. The testing was successful and all the jumper setting on crossover work and he played the set in free air , well from the head unit for 1 hrs atleast.

But i am still confused, f those comps are real or not, i googled around, just to find one single link from Singapore to Malaysia that morel elates are available as fakes, but couldn't find any ! none of the big-time automotive forums had any topic about them too.

morel elates are available in the states for 500$ with bill and warranty at many stores. I do have the pics but its only of the box and packing , not of the individual midbass and tweeter. so not much of help but my friend compared them to online pics available from various automotive forums and couldn't find one difference to claim them fakes.

Morel elates have a hologram testing process which i couldn't find out how to do through various forums, if anyone here are using morel elates, pls tell how to do that.

and finally, do any of you guys know weather morel lelates fakes are circulating in mumbai or not ? The problem is , the shopkeeper who is arranging the elates has never even installed a components above jbl gto! he refused to do the wiring and asked my friend to do it instead. the shopkeeper is in full confidence that those elates are genuine and the guy he picked it from gave him the genuine piece . Its the price that's not giving me confidence to believe those sets to be genuine.

help guys !

Last edited by amangujral06 : 11th June 2011 at 20:46.
Old 12th June 2011, 01:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are There Fake Morel Elates N Mumbai ?

i came across the fake Morel Elates in 2010' for Rs.10.5k,if you are getting it under 35k then definately its one of the "D" stuffs,ill PM you about this.
Old 12th June 2011, 12:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

PTC does have a tendency to have a HUGE MRP and then pass off 'benefits' to their dealers.
Their market strategy intrigues me sometimes.
But then again, ebay has TONS of Dynaudio and Morel fakes running amok.
These look very likely to be fakes.
Old 12th June 2011, 14:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
PTC does have a tendency to have a HUGE MRP and then pass off 'benefits' to their dealers.
Their market strategy intrigues me sometimes.
But then again, ebay has TONS of Dynaudio and Morel fakes running amok.
These look very likely to be fakes.
True i agree with Frank Bhaijaan!The Elates are infact not available,so what you are getting might be the same i was offered 10.5k from a local distributor stating as original long time back,its definitely quite expensive starting of the MSRPs from 60k+,please dont get tempted by looking at them for 21k as they look exactly the same.The Dyn's are also offered at 8k fake.but looks almost the same.

Ramie

Last edited by ramie2400 : 12th June 2011 at 14:36.
Old 12th June 2011, 23:25   #5
BHPian

thanks guys ! i too got a confirmation from an insider in this dealership that those elates were actually fake, i got several offers for many such other elates from different traders at much lesser price ..hehehe

well, there goes my plan for elates, now ill have to settle for something else. Time will tell
Old 12th June 2011, 23:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

HONESTLY, you could get the Illusion Luccents/Carbons on sale right now. Ramie is selling at a super price. RUn to the classifieds and get them before someone else does!
Old 12th June 2011, 23:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
thanks guys ! i too got a confirmation from an insider in this dealership that those elates were actually fake, i got several offers for many such other elates from different traders at much lesser price ..hehehe

well, there goes my plan for elates, now ill have to settle for something else. Time will tell
Lolz!! don't be dishearten,you can get the Elates in 2-way and 3-way just got the confirmation,will try and arrange for the pics and details if your interested.
Old 13th June 2011, 01:09   #8
BHPian

oh i am definitely interested now , its not everyday that i get a good deal on great things!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks