Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 23:23   #1
BHPian

Mosconi amplifiers for my set-up?

Hi,
I am in process of getting new ICE for my car and need advice on amplifier choice.
I will be running an active setup with Micro Precision 3 Series midbass and tweeters up front, coaxial rear fills (not yet decided)
and twin 8 inch subs in the hatch. The sub is an ID8V3 D2, have procured one and looking for another.
I am leaning towards the Mosconi range to power these up and need advice on what combination to go in for.

Cheers
Old 21st August 2011, 23:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need advice on ICE setup

Whats your budget for the amp ? Mosconi will do the job perfectly. Contact tbhpian Chiragh_Bir, he was running MP 3 Series Active via Mosconi 100.4.

BTW which car and HU ?
Old 21st August 2011, 23:46   #3
BHPian

Re: Need advice on ICE setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Whats your budget for the amp ? Mosconi will do the job perfectly. Contact tbhpian Chiragh_Bir, he was running MP 3 Series Active via Mosconi 100.4.

BTW which car and HU ?
The car in question is a Forester and the source unit will be a carputer.
Don't want to spend a penny more than is necessary, I am on a tight budget.
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mosconi amplifiers for my set-up?

as abhibh said i am running as 100.4 and mp3 and am extremely happy with it .

the sound is just mind blowing but am running series 5 tweeters instead of series 3 that you selected , but none the less the series 3 tweeters are good sounding and detailed !!
chiragh_bir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post

the sound is just mind blowing but am running series 5 tweeters instead of series 3 that you selected , but none the less the series 3 tweeters are good sounding and detailed !!
Thanks for your inputs, Chiragh.
The rear fills were making the amp choice difficult so I am skipping them for now.
I am trying to work out something regarding our discussions over PM. Will call you soon.

Cheers
Old 27th April 2012, 10:12   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post

Chirag, I understand u are running MP 3.16s (ie with the 5.28MKII Tweeters) on the Mosconi 100.4. Since this is exactly what I plan to get for myself (the only exception being the Gladen 120.4), it will be great if you could let me audition ur setup. It will be a great favour. But from the user information available I could not understand if you are situated in or around Delhi?? My Phone is not loading the PM's page hence had to post this in the thread discussion. get back !!
Old 27th April 2012, 10:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
Chirag, I understand u are running MP 3.16s (ie with the 5.28MKII Tweeters) on the Mosconi 100.4. Since this is exactly what I plan to get for myself (the only exception being the Gladen 120.4), it will be great if you could let me audition ur setup. It will be a great favour. But from the user information available I could not understand if you are situated in or around Delhi?? My Phone is not loading the PM's page hence had to post this in the thread discussion. get back !!
Chiragh is from Chandigarh. In case you wish to audition the setup , you need to come down Chandigarh. In fact you can audition 3 more setups with Mosconi amps with different set of components sets running.
ankit_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 10:56   #8
BHPian

Thanks, Ankit!! My parents and my house is in Phagwara, so on my next visit I shall try n fix up with you guys for a listening session. Just that after a fatal accident (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2403030) I had, I am still not to sure of going back home where I have my doggies jumping on my injuries. But I sure will be coming your way. Do PM me your number. Thanks again!!
Old 27th April 2012, 12:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Ankit!! My parents and my house is in Phagwara, so on my next visit I shall try n fix up with you guys for a listening session. Just that after a fatal accident (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2403030) I had, I am still not to sure of going back home where I have my doggies jumping on my injuries. But I sure will be coming your way. Do PM me your number. Thanks again!!
That was scary man. Wish you speedy recovery.

You are just a call away for the auditions. Check your PM
Old 27th April 2012, 13:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just that after a fatal accident (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2403030) I had, I am still not to sure of going back home where I have my doggies jumping on my injuries.
After a fatal accident, how are you still able to post?

Just joking, that looks like a very bad crash. Glad you're fine. Wish you a speedy recovery!
Old 27th April 2012, 14:49   #11
BHPian

Thanks for the witty recovery wish. Much better, still pondering over your suggestions (from June, 2011). It took ages for me to recover. Should call you shortly for clarity on some questions. Keep troubling, Bass n Trouble, love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
After a fatal accident, how are you still able to post?

Just joking, that looks like a very bad crash. Glad you're fine. Wish you a speedy recovery!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks