Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help ... Need High Output Alternator TOO MUCH LOAD

Hi I joined today only I liked the site very much, good stuff and very informatative. But here in India we get the audio stuff but very difficulty . ok let us leave everything aside .

I bought two alpine MRD-M1005 amps each is capable of making 1000 watts rms in 2 ohms so now must estimate how much power they will need to run i have installed optima yellow top also but the car alternater is to small to handle this load it is only 70 Amps to small for all the stuff. So i need some advice for the HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATER.
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

Bosch makes them to 200A. THey mgiht be available from Mico Bosch

Q. I have installed a mega-watt sound system or have other electricity demanding components in my car. Does Bosch have an alternator that can power all these systems?

A. For applications that demand high power, such as cars outfitted with mega-watt sound systems, Bosch offers High-Output Alternators that are 100% new and are engineered to produce maximum amperage at lower rpms. This allows the charging system to keep up with the amplifiers and eliminates battery rundown. These units can create up to 200 amps, which is nearly double the output of some stock units they replace. These alternators have been designed from the beginning to generate high output and have features such as additional copper wire windings in the stator, ceramic coated housings to handle high heat, Nomex® insulation (the same kind used in flame resistant clothing), soldered connections coated with silicone to reduce corrosion and protect against heat and vibration, and smaller diameter T6160 aircraft grade aluminum pulleys which reduce weight and allow the unit to spin faster at low rpm. Best of all, these units fit the same as the original and are designed as bolt-in direct replacements.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2006, 17:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for such apromt reply. But from where do i get them i have searched in my area Lucas TVS makes 135 amps alternater for TATA Safari but i do not know that its alternater will fit in my car. Mine is Swift here is a link where u see a bit of it. http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2277199
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:09   #4
BHPian

Low Bass,

What car do you have. What size power cables are you using. Fitting 200A alternator to 75aH battery will not be a great help.

We have run 4 amplifers with total rating of 200 Amps on Optima battery without any dimming problems on a standard alternator.

Please tell us what other equipment are you using.
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sir I am using AWG 2 wiring kit rest u can see on this page http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2277199
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:15   #6
BHPian

I have seen the equipment on the soundomain site. Check the final impedance (load) on the alpine amplifier.

The culprit in your power circuit are the Boss Caps. Just remove them from the circuit and see the difference also using better cables will help.

The equipment you are using is not a very big load on swifts electrical system. And you have already upgraded the battery.
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:23   #7
BHPian

There are lot of issues with the installation which I see in the pictures.

Call Manik (Driven) @ 9811775777. He will help you with this.
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Final load is 2 ohms on each amp they are stable at 2 ohms also. If i remove the caps no diff is seen but voltage drops more i.e 11.5 volts min at high volume but if i lower the volume the voltage comes back to 14.6 volts I am using Industrisal grade heavy duty wires must more superior that what we get in market as amp car kits .The total load is of 3 amps 2 of them are alpine for subs and 1 pioneer for speakers total of which amps would get to nearly 190A which i think is bigger for a 70A alternater and a 41AHh battery.

If u dont mind Sir what amps u r using and which car do u have any pic would be great
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:38   #9
BHPian

The powercables you are using are thin strands one or thick strands. Maybe your cables are not meant for DC and the voltage drops. Thats why the amplifiers are not getting the proper operating voltage.

We have installed the most exotic and expensive equipment that you can think of. Check out threads by me and gunbir.

One of them is :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ll-pics-3.html
Old 3rd March 2006, 19:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

HERE IS HIS INSTALL
1) HEAD UNIT -> PIONEER DEH-P9400MP
PLEASE CHECK THE LINK FOR INFO
2) AMP FOR MIDS AND HIGHS -> PIONEER GMX-944
WORKING AT 75 X 4 WATTS RMS AT 4 OHMS
3) SPEAKERS AND TWEETERS -> PIONEER TS-C160R KEVLAR SET
TWO PAIRS ONE IN FRONT AND ONE IN BACK
CHECK CHECK THE LINK FOR INFO
4) AMP FOR BASS ->ALPINE MRD-M1005
WORKING AT 1000 WATTS RMS AT 2 OHMS
USE CHECK THE LINK FOR INFO
5) WOOFER -> PIONEER TS-W3004SPL
CHECK THE LINK FOR INFO
6) CUSTOM BOX VOULME -> 1.1 CUBIC FEET WITH 3 INCH DIA AND 8 INCH DEPTH PORT
7) 2 AWG WIRING FOR AMPS AND BOSS RCA
8) 2 ONE FARAD BOSS CAPACITOR

phew,whers the boot? and that wiring is what you call wiring.
xenon looks cool
Old 4th March 2006, 10:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thanks every one for ur advice it was very much help full in improving my system but atleast someone tell me if they know from where do i get a good high output alternater
Old 4th March 2006, 23:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

any repiles will be helpful if anyone can
Old 5th March 2006, 05:06   #13
BHPian

Try looking for it in mayapuri. ive heard u can get loads of things from there for cars.

No idea about the shop. And it's near Janakpuri.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

A big alternator will over charge a small battery and reduce battery life.

A 944 and a MRD1000 should be ok with a 75amp battery.

I suspect the Pio woofer will not be able to asorb 1000W without hitting it's Xmax even in a 1cu ft. sealed box in a ported box it will hit Xmax even earlier. so in effect either you are getting a lot of bass distortion or your Alpine amps is being underutillised. besides the MRD puts 1000W in 2 ohms but if each amp is only driving one sub then it is going to be be limited at 500W / 4 ohms (about 11A continous each).

I'd change the Boss wiring. remove the Boss caps (as suggested by JB) and check.

lastly if you got 15,000 songs in a 30GB ipod your compression ratio is definitely not good enough. I'd suggest looking at EAC and LAME and hydrogenaudio.org for more info on how to rip good quality MP3s.
Old 6th March 2006, 11:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
A big alternator will over charge a small battery and reduce battery life.

A 944 and a MRD1000 should be ok with a 75amp battery.

I suspect the Pio woofer will not be able to asorb 1000W without hitting it's Xmax even in a 1cu ft. sealed box in a ported box it will hit Xmax even earlier. so in effect either you are getting a lot of bass distortion or your Alpine amps is being underutillised. besides the MRD puts 1000W in 2 ohms but if each amp is only driving one sub then it is going to be be limited at 500W / 4 ohms (about 11A continous each).

I'd change the Boss wiring. remove the Boss caps (as suggested by JB) and check.

lastly if you got 15,000 songs in a 30GB ipod your compression ratio is definitely not good enough. I'd suggest looking at EAC and LAME and hydrogenaudio.org for more info on how to rip good quality MP3s.
Thanks sir. If u have seen the pioneer sub site on the net it is a dvc sub not svc so it is wired a 2 ohms for each alpine and it is giving 1000 watts to each sub and sub can handle that type of power beacuse it is 1000 nominal and 3000 watts max. So i think the sub is ok with the amp. Also the ported box volume is ok with the size given by the pioneer so it is perefctly tuned as per requirement. and is sounding very good. Rest i am going to change the whole wiring with audison stuff soon

lastly i am putting my songs on my ipod at 256-320 kps bitrate which is more than cd quality also my ipod is half full so i not getting in 15000 songs but quality of songs.

also check this link also

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ult...c;f=3;t=030889
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks