Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2006, 14:26   #1
Team-BHP Support

Set-up for Octavia

More like my first post in this section, this stuff is way too expensive, so keep my self entertained with the usual 4 speaker, tweeter setups .. and sometimes a pioneer sub and a sony amp to spice it up . . .
anyways times have changed and the new range of audio accessories we have now around here is sure exciting, and thankfully one can get good quality even on a budget which would be a small fraction of most of the gurus around here.

getting to the point, a close friend was looking out for a set-up for 15 k excluding the player.

the following is what i've been adviced from my regular accessories shop:

MA AUDIO 12 inch 600 watts sub
MA AUDIO 2 channel amp
wiring kit for roughyl 1200 bucks
a box for the sub - 1k
earthquake/ MA audio rear ovals costing 4.5 and 5.5 k respectively
MA AUDIO tweetors - 2k

he s gonna be mating this to some new pioneer player that he s got.

was looking out for some improvisations/complete change of the proposed set-up, basically whatever the gurus think would be better alongwith costs

should be plonking this stuff by tommorow, so awaiting some quick responses.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 4th March 2006 at 14:28.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Manson, quote a budget. we love spending other people's money! at those prices i'd suggest looking at JBL/Infinity, Hertz, Blaupnkt ODx, Alpine, Boston and Focal.

Last edited by navin : 5th March 2006 at 23:31.
Old 6th March 2006, 18:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

mentioned around 15-18 k for the system excluding the player. Is MA better/worse/at par with the brands you've mentioned?

manson.
Old 6th March 2006, 19:03   #4
BHPian

MA-Audio eh? Which is your regular car accessories shop? Is it Suraj Motors in any way? These guys push a lot of Ma-Audio and Earthquake sales.

Coming back to the topic, Manson like Navinji suggested i think you should look at other brands. MA-Audio is good if you are looking to build a SPL based system but if you going in for an SQ system i guess Infinity, Kicker will go better. Yah i know you are on a budget, then you could seriously look at JBL or even Soundstream line of speakers and subs.

Take my word, MA-Audio is not worth it IMHO. I had purchased a pair of 4 inch coaxials(fronts) for my esteem and they were distorting like anything. Got it for 2k. During the demo in the shop, it sounded great(in a box) but they simply spoilt the sound quality in my car. Returned it for 600bucks, thats all i could get out of it , in exchange for kicker components and now i am very happy. IMHO, even Pioneers are better than MA-Audio as far as speakers are concerned .

Cheers
Old 6th March 2006, 22:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

18K for speakers and amp

get a 4 ch. amp for 7-9K (Pio 6100 or JBL 60.4 or other)
get 6" comps for the front for say 5.5k
get 5" coax for the rear for 4K.

If you intend to get a Sub get the something with tight bass. The Octavia as a huge boot and a sub like the JBL 1200T will BOOM. The 1200B is perfect though.

wonder how you are getting all that MA audio equip you mentioned (Sub, amp, speakers and wiring kit) for 18K.
Old 7th March 2006, 13:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

MA audio = Most Atrocious. If you buy MA Audio, buy a good set of ear-muffs.

Get the basic Sony 4-ch amp, get a pair of Blau 6x9 (the one that retails at 3900, whatever. Not that transparent poop..yuck!) You'll still have about 5k to splurge on a decent front component set. I think there must be something from Velocity or Audiobahn at that price.
Old 7th March 2006, 16:31   #7
Team-BHP Support

B&T, 6x9 wont fit in an Octy rear. And an Octy deck it huge. making a reasonably stiff deck will be too heavy for the hydraulics to lift.
Old 11th March 2006, 08:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
18K for speakers and amp

get a 4 ch. amp for 7-9K (Pio 6100 or JBL 60.4 or other)
get 6" comps for the front for say 5.5k
get 5" coax for the rear for 4K.

If you intend to get a Sub get the something with tight bass. The Octavia as a huge boot and a sub like the JBL 1200T will BOOM. The 1200B is perfect though.

wonder how you are getting all that MA audio equip you mentioned (Sub, amp, speakers and wiring kit) for 18K.
one can replace the front speakers of oct easily right? Karthik247 says it cant be as there is some clip ..bla blah

and octs come with blau speakers? I thought they came with philips one
Old 11th March 2006, 10:22   #9
Team-BHP Support

no the OEM spekaers are defintely not Blau. at one time Skoda India did supply Blau HUs of late I hear they have moved to Alpine even for the Elegance.

The OEM speakers in the RS were not Blau either. They are not bad as OEM speakers go. In fact I find that both Skoda and Opel supplied some rather decent OEM speakers compared to Honda (in the City and Accord).
Old 11th March 2006, 22:03   #10
Team-BHP Support

yeah prince the suraj motors is the guy i usually get all my in car stuff from.
btw, what do sq and spl stand for?

thanks for your inputs guys, guess i'm going to stick to the basic brands as usual.

manson.
Old 11th March 2006, 23:44   #11
Team-BHP Support

SQ = sound quality = usually denotes a system that has been designed to accurately reproduce music.
SPL = Sound Pressure Level = usually denotes a system that is designed to play very loud albeit not very accurately
then you have SQL = SPL with SQ.
Old 12th March 2006, 15:25   #12
Team-BHP Support

feels nice to know a couple of ICE terms . . . thanks navin.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks