Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 15:44   #1
BHPian

Finally my Civic ICE is complete

My addiction with ICEs started when I took my Zen for a head cleaning job to an unknown (unknown at that time) car audio shop in Shivaji Park, Mumbai! Eventually ended up installing a MTX + Pioneer + JBL setup in the car that brought me endless smiles (and compliments from friends ) everytime I switched it on!

Assembly:
  • Pioneer CD player (6050 or a similar model) with 3 level display, motorised head and USB connector!
  • JBL Infiniti speakers (rear)
  • Sony Speakers (front)
  • MTX 4 channel amp
  • MTX 10" sub
  • Scoche wiring (not sure)
So when I decided to upgrade my ride to a Civic, it was evident that the system has to be in league with the car! After numerous discussion with my vendor at Shivaji Park, I decided to install a Focal audio system in the car. I had heard Focal Performance speakers once before ( in a Wagon R) and was completely impressed with the sheer vocal clarity sustained at high volumes (off course depends on the audio source also, but still!) On the low frequency, I was sold out on MTX but my vendor convinced me on Focal and i decided to go ahead!

This time the entire setup was completed in two sittings (mainly because of my availability). The final setup is as follows:
  • Pioneer AVH 4390 DVD (with rear cam + sensors activated)
  • Civic trim unit for head
  • Focal Component speakers front
  • Focal Performance speakers rear
  • Focal 10" subwoofer
  • Focal 4 channel amp for front and rear speakers
  • Focal monoblock amp dedicated to the woofer (with remote)
  • Scoche wiring
  • Ample damping (don't remember the brand)
The sound is simply mind-blowing! I can effortlessly switch from Punjabi bhangra tracks to Linkin Park to Ghulam Ali and the sound quality continues to impress! Volume levels range from 4-5 for usual listening and 7-9 when in party mood (with good back massage )!!! I rarely take push the volume to more than 10 though my vendor loves to tune it on 13 and above only ! Peak volume from the head unit is 40 (i think, never tried!)

The entire credit goes to my vendor for building this system!

Will update pics in a day or two!

Comments are solicited on any possible enhancements/upgrades/corrections!

Cheers!
Old 24th October 2011, 17:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally my Civic ICE is complete

Sounds like you are enjoying the ICE thoroughtly, Rohan!

Time for some questions...

- How long has it been since the system is installed? If it has been done recently, I would suggest re-tune the system after 1-2 months once the speakers and subwoofer breaks in nicely. You will find a noticable difference after that re-tune.

- By what amount has the whole thing made you poorer by?
Old 24th October 2011, 17:09   #3
BHPian

Congrats Rohan, enjoy the system.

Now for some serious suggestion .

Please retune the gains for your setup, by your description your are running very high gains and this can ruin your equipment easily.
Old 24th October 2011, 17:41   #4

Congrats on your new ICE setup and good you've got damping done accordingly as it surely makes a huge difference in overall performance.
Could you specify which focal components have you installed guessing (Polyglass) and how much did you shell out for them?
Old 24th October 2011, 19:25   #5
BHPian

That's a neat setup man, what did cost you to do so ?
Where did you do this in Shivaji Park ? Auto King ?
I live around that place & maybe we could get a back massage in your car as well...
Old 24th October 2011, 20:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

The ICE in Swift ZDI is double DIN Panasonic with CD and USB provision. 4 nos 6" speakers and 2 twitters. I got a chance to see the speakers on insisting the dealer to open the door pad. Now is it a good ICe. Is it worth keeping the stock ICE or change to my favourite Kenwood. Please comment.
Old 24th October 2011, 21:55   #7
BHPian

Focals are awesome but pretty expensive too! I ended up buying Auditor (Front Components and rear Ovals) which are entry level Focal which were sounding very good in my Alto. But i have heard Focal in other cars before and the sound clarity is mind blowing. Congrats on the setup and it will sound a little better after the initial days of breaking in.

Cheers!
-Z
Old 25th October 2011, 00:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Sounds like you are enjoying the ICE thoroughtly, Rohan!

Time for some questions...

- How long has it been since the system is installed? If it has been done recently, I would suggest re-tune the system after 1-2 months once the speakers and subwoofer breaks in nicely. You will find a noticable difference after that re-tune.

- By what amount has the whole thing made you poorer by?
The first batch of system was installed around 4 months ago while the solid 1 monoblock amp (for sub woofer) was installed on last Saturday! The throttle control got messed up on Saturday night post the amp install! Had to get the car towed to Arya! So hoping to re-tune the entire config tomm evening at the vednor's place!

The whole set up costed more than a lac! Actually i had installed rear cam with sensors and couple of other stuff as well (mats, sunfilm, etc) with the total bill @ around Rs. 1.25 lacs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Congrats Rohan, enjoy the system.

Now for some serious suggestion .

Please retune the gains for your setup, by your description your are running very high gains and this can ruin your equipment easily.
Thanks for the suggestion man! I do need to reset the gain levels! Plan to do it tomorrow evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Congrats on your new ICE setup and good you've got damping done accordingly as it surely makes a huge difference in overall performance.
Could you specify which focal components have you installed guessing (Polyglass) and how much did you shell out for them?
Thanks buddy! Damping does make a huge difference!
I have PC 165 2 way coaxial performance series components! Costed around 14-16k! dnt rem the exact price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
That's a neat setup man, what did cost you to do so ?
Where did you do this in Shivaji Park ? Auto King ?
I live around that place & maybe we could get a back massage in your car as well...
thanks buddy, and you guessed it right! Auto King is a great vendor!
I keep roaming around in that area ( matter of fact I will be picking up my car from Auto King tomorrow evening!)! feel free to buzz me on 7738366868 and we will catch up sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie69 View Post
Focals are awesome but pretty expensive too! I ended up buying Auditor (Front Components and rear Ovals) which are entry level Focal which were sounding very good in my Alto. But i have heard Focal in other cars before and the sound clarity is mind blowing. Congrats on the setup and it will sound a little better after the initial days of breaking in.

Cheers!
-Z
Thanks zombie! Lets see what does it sound like after a few months! Cheers!
Old 25th October 2011, 00:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
The ICE in Swift ZDI is double DIN Panasonic with CD and USB provision. 4 nos 6" speakers and 2 twitters. I got a chance to see the speakers on insisting the dealer to open the door pad. Now is it a good ICe. Is it worth keeping the stock ICE or change to my favourite Kenwood. Please comment.
While I am no expert in ICEs, the answer to your question may depend to a great extent on your listening habits and music choice! Personally, I am no fan of stock systems and would happily change them to an aftermarket unit at the first instance!

Having said that, I believe we have an esteemed panel of ICE experts on Team BHP; request them to advise on the correct setup!
Old 25th October 2011, 11:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
The first batch of system was installed around 4 months ago while the solid 1 monoblock amp (for sub woofer) was installed on last Saturday! The throttle control got messed up on Saturday night post the amp install! Had to get the car towed to Arya! So hoping to re-tune the entire config tomm evening at the vednor's place!

The whole set up costed more than a lac! Actually i had installed rear cam with sensors and couple of other stuff as well (mats, sunfilm, etc) with the total bill @ around Rs. 1.25 lacs!

Nice and congrats on a rocking Civic... That is some serious amount you have spent on ICEing your car.

I will rather pay for Tein Super Street performance suspension whenever I wanna let my bank account loose... Oops!

Different preferences for different people I guess! Enjoy the boom boom partying in your car.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:29   #11
BHPian

Thanks Ace! Would like to know more about this performance suspension that you have mentioned.

Moreover, if I am correct, you managed to install audio controls on your steering! My vendor mentioned that the car needs to be periodically scanned post such an install! Have you faced any such difficulties too? I badly want steering controls on my car as well!
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.xj View Post
thanks buddy, and you guessed it right! Auto King is a great vendor!
I keep roaming around in that area ( matter of fact I will be picking up my car from Auto King tomorrow evening!)! feel free to buzz me on 7738366868 and we will catch up sometime!
So the post a little too late man ! Will catch up with you sometime later this weekend if you are free. Glad to know I have a fellow T-BHPian in the neighbourhood

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks